• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Reincarnation - Specific Answers Sought

Noldor Elf

First Post
The spell text says "any powers or abilities associated with his new form", so I suppose you would get Racial skill bonuses and pipes.
I think the character level would be 6 after the reincarnation, it's kind of bargain: you can win in stats but then you lose at least same amount in social life (or in some cases with ability to use feats/class abilities)
Only physical attributes are adjusted (+2 Con, +2 Dex)

dvvega

Explorer
I discovered a thread on Monte Cook's messageboards with a reply from WOTC customer service. It stated that a reincarnated character get's the lot, straight out the MM.

They are reincarnated as a member of the new race as if they had grown up that way, but retain all skills currently possessed.

Yes it seems powerful and any DM would hit the player with an EL modifier (I know I would), however the drawback is that rolling up a Satyr isn't as common as rolling up anything else. So if you rolled up an owl, your wizard career (and most others) would be over.

As for the social impact, I am currently in negotiations with the party sorcerer for an Alter Self item :)

rankarrog

First Post
I don't know if it's worth telling, but there has been a question to the Sage in the DragonMag which concerned XPpenalities for reincanated characters (Like: Before reincantion I was an elven 10lvl Wiz/1lvl BAB, now I'm a gnome do I now suffer XP-penalities?).

IIRC the voice from the Sage has been that Reincarnation in this case should be best treated as a Ressurection + Polymorph other, so a character would looses bodyspecific possibilities but not not those of mind, and also that the character only gains the possibilities his new body, not the things depending on mind(Skills, feats, etc...).

dvvega

Explorer
Do you have the dragon magazine number that this is in? Not many of us have all the Dragons, but we may have this issue.

Thanks Rag.

rankarrog

First Post
I'll try to find it but this may take a while (Why dont I simply collect these magazines on one staple instead of hiding them all over my room :))

rankarrog

First Post
I have to admit that I don't find a few dragons and the article seems not to be in the dragons I have. Must be somewhere in 277, 285 or 279-281

Remove ads