• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Remember the Cavindale! (As his betters, i think we have a duty to help him)

alsih2o

First Post
the rope leads you up through some very damp vegetation.

when you clear it you come to a spot where you pass through a hole in a small wooden deck. once on the deck you can llok around and be slightly amazed.

sooo much has been salvaged form the ship. the decking in the trees is in 3 levels a 10x10, a 20x 35 ad a 5x10. some small sections are under roof.

he has salvaged a lot from his sunken ship. there are a few braziers, some cooking implements, and quite a few books. he has more swords and daggers and spears than the party does and a decent supply of food from here on the island.

the large, colorful bird waddles over to him quickly and he gestures to it as it flies up to his shoulder. he crosses to a lower deck and takes a sits in a large throne like seat made almost entirely of gnoll skulls...

infax

First Post
Kelkan: Halfling Wizard

"You are an amizingly impressive collector, sir Ghost Maker. I am baffled by your collection." Kelkan'

infax

First Post
Kelkan: Halfling Wizard

"You are an amizingly impressive collector, sir Ghost Maker. I am baffled by your collection." Kelkan's eyes are almost popping from his skull as he oggles the books. ~How many spells could he have here!~

"You seem to have mentioned, if my recollection is right, that you are unable to translate quite a few of them. I would like to offer you my services as a translator..." The greedy looking halfling refrains himself from touching a book, his hand poised a mere inch from one of the bindings.

"As a man of taste, I'm sure you can enjoy my expertise on the subject. Even abjected as we are all to this state of pitiless deprivation and misery, the works of artists can't be dismissed."

The halfling's quick, short steps carry him around the place, talking to Murrell, while having eyes only for the books.

OOC: Don't be mistaken by Kelkan's demeanor, I'm quite aware its likely their isn't a collection of grimoires in the hideout. I would deem myself lucky if there is even a single one.

Also, I didn't quite get the picture of the rope-parrot hybrid we used to climb here. Could you clarify me a bit, alsih2o?

alsih2o

First Post
there is a decently large collection of bound books here. some 31 books to be exact.

"i haven't collected, so much as salvaged don't you know. always out to the wreckage again and again. my boat.." he pauses and tears well up "my boat sank slowly, most of ht men could not swim. many of us made it ashore, but the gnolls- they were everywhere at once!"

he is flashing his hands in the air now motioning with arcane gestures

"they came from every side, we fought as best we could, with beachwood and, and.." he gestures emphatically, mumbling slightly..

"most of them did not last the first few minutes, the strongest fell within 2 months. but i am still here."

ooc/ kelkan and jak and solomon only make successful spot check and notice him rubbing a shiny ring on his left hand when mentioning the trips to the boat

the parrot shoved a vine made rope over the edge. the parrot and the rope are seperate objects :) /ooc

Tumakhunter

First Post
Jak surreptitiously bumps Loske. "He seems to be casting something. Watch the ring on his hand."

Shifting the grip on his spear, Jak eases into a combat ready position, one that does not neccessarily look like he's about to pounce, but will enable him to if need be.

OOC: If it appears Murrell actually is casting a charm or something otherwise detrimental to the party, I will attack. However, I will try to wait for evidence first.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Loske: (Female/Half Elf/Ranger 3)

Loske raises one of her red half-elven eyebrows with a look of curiosity and confusion at Jak not seeing any way possible spell could be cast. After taking another look she still only sees an old man, long stranded from civilization, with a nervous tick. She looks at the room with fringed interest making sure theirs no chance of an ambush while she rest her arm on the scimitar’s handle in a casual and civil manner.

OOC: If Murrell asks her about what so curious she’ll ask if he has any armor to go with his weapon collections.

alsih2o

First Post
murrell finishes his story and his brow grows heavy. he seems enormously distracted.

then suddenly, he pops out of his seat and says "well, let's gather what we can and what we need, probably best to be out of here by first light."

"you, tall girl, and you, big 'un. we can go first thing after dark and get what i bet you want! i cannot promise any of it will fit, but there is a large canvas filled with armor bits buried near the base of the tree."

ooc/the books vary in subjects, although at least 3 of them are obviously spellbooks./ooc

he springs from hischair and grabs a piece of jerky hanging from a branch he quickly shifts his attention to kelkan and says "don't touch that one!" and points to a red bound book "but the rest you can tinker with, but carefull, that is all the magic on this island that isn't gnollish"

ooc/ the arcane gestures seemed more flashbacky than spelly, but nice story reaction :) if everyone is fine with the "wait till morning" plan just let me knwo anything you wanna do before then/ooc

Macbeth

First Post
Swift

Swift is a bit taken back by the Murrel's collection of odds and ends, the great mass of...stuff just seems too random for Swifts tastes. Regardless, he stays quiet through the conversation, and will gladly spend the night here.

Remove ads