• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Remember the Cavindale! (As his betters, i think we have a duty to help him)

infax

First Post
Kelkan

Kelkan waits patiently, only the wiggling toes of his bootless left foot betraying his eagerness. Once Murrell is out to dig out armor, the disheveled Halfling dives for the spellbooks. He starts flipping pages wildly, trying to find out what is every spell present on this island 'that is not gnollish'.

He spends most of the remaining day pouring over those. Only once it is really dark, when he attempts to light some candle or torch does he remember he'll need more than that to reach the Lava Bridge. He then starts wandering around the place, trying to prepare more adequately for the journey.

OOC: Kelkan is quiet methodical, he would first try to discover what are the spells in the books before learning or preparing any of them. If Murrell walks back up the tree once he has started reading, Kelkan will ask if he can write in one of the books (necessary to avoid making spellcraft checks every morning). Then he will go for some food (3 days worth if there is that much), daggers (up to 8 if he can find them), some cloth (just rags will do for this) for emergencies and clothes if he can (normal traveling clothes). Let me know what he finds.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Loske: (Female/Half Elf/Ranger 3)

Loske looks at the old man in amazement almost wondering if he was ready her mind, but al she can do is nod her head in complete agreement thinking to herself. I’m thin and small enough that anything made for a man of almost any race should fit me. Well at least after a few alterations.

OOC: I’m assuming you want to know what we want to due after we dig the armor up, but before the morning. In that case Loske wants to glance at the armor and hope that something will work for her… If cutting in involved I guess she’ll go for the typical jungle female look. She’ll also ask if the old man has a safe and secure stream and/or pond where she can bathe. If someone is interested in being on guard duty she’ll take the company if they promises, “no peeking”.

alsih2o

First Post
the smallest of the three platforms has a half barrel he fills with water for quick baths. with some rigging and a piece of canvas irt can be a private bath.

apmor and spell lists by sunday morn :)

Manzanita

First Post
Solomon Kreel

"Old man, if you can provide me with armor, you will have made a true friend. I can search at night as well as in the day. I will accompany you back down."

alsih2o

First Post
the old man takes whoever wishes to his "armourer" as he calls it.

at the base of his tree, under some roots, wrapped in a large, fat-covered fabric is a pile of armor.1 set of mw studded leather fit for a small individual, 6 sets of scale mail made for medium folks and 1 set of chain.

the armor has surface rust, but is some minor buffing and scrap[ing from being fully functional and pretty.

the spell books have all first and second level abjurations, evocations and transmutations as well as- 1st. mage armor, ray of enfeeblement 2nd. summon swarm, blur and scare.

the spell books go on well beyond 2nd level, but that is what you can glean :)

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Loske: (Female/Half Elf/Ranger 3)

Loske twists and tucks a stray locket behind her slightly pointed ears as she bends down to look at the armor. She had started to think that everything was going to be okay after her wonderfully long shower, that even included some hot water warmed by the sun, and the prospects of real armor, and not something crudely made from some overgrown giant lizard’s hide, but her hopes are quickly dashed as she looks upon the armor. She points to the metal armor, “All of that is to heavy,” while she picks up the studded leather, “or to small.” Frowning and looking discouraged she turns to the group, “does anyone know anything about making armor?”

OOC: If we still have a mage of some caliber I suggest a "detect magic" spell and a quick run around of the whole tree house to see what is mundane and what could be priceless.

Macbeth

First Post
Swift stays in the tree, not having any need for armor, and keeps watch while kelkan looks through the spells. He will be careful to look for anything out of place: this old man is just a bit to convenient to be taken at face value.

alsih2o

First Post
solomon would burst the chaoin on his broad chest, but there is a suit of scale mail that would do.

swift with a really nice roll does notice something "out of place". the central log coming up in the middle sized platform gets bumped as the tub gets checked out and ot makes a rather dull noise. like a hollow log.

at the tub, loske fnds a scrub brush made form local plants, a chamois cloth and 3 decorative wooden combs.

the large colorful bird that pushed the rope off and spoke the "ghost maker" line keeps a wary eye on each of you in turn. he is quite obvious about it. he looks like this-

Attachments

• murrelsparrot.JPG
    murrelsparrot.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 66

Remove ads