• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Remember the Cavindale! (As his betters, i think we have a duty to help him)

Macbeth

First Post
Swift

Swift will go invetsigate the seemingly hollow log as best he can, trying to stay out of the parrot's view if at all possible.
"I KNEW something wasn't right. Murrell knows more then he's letting on..." he thinks.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Loske: (Female/Half Elf/Ranger 3)

Loske reading the eyes of the group decided that no one really knows more about armor making them her grabs the most banged up and rusted scale mail there is. She hauls it slowly but surely to the tree house asking the older man if he has any tools for armor repair. If so, she’ll deposit it with the tools and if not she’ll ask the old man if he minds if she works on it in the somewhere in the house. Once that is done she’ll pull Kelkan away from his books and to the side so they can talk in private asking him, “Can you like detect magic and stuff? If so can you do so walking around the house and pointing to the weapons and armor that resonates magic? While you’re at it Kelkan can you make a mental list of all things magical that we don’t have permission to touch?”

OOC: I'm starting to add color to my posts for my spoke text... It's something I'm asked to do in another game and thought it would be nice here also.

infax

First Post
Kelkan

~ Alarkonen maggiarus suripera! Kolvarikaris asoo. Ar... I can't concentrate like this! No sense to keep ignoring her.~

"Yes, yes, Loske" the haggard halfling answers Loske in a distracted tone. "That would be trivial."

Then, a moment later, noticing the tall girl is still by his side while he reads, "What? Now?! No. No!" and after a brief silence, "Ok. But only a quick tour, and I won't be opening every drawer around and every cabinet to check what is inside."

Kelkan then draws upon his magic sight and jogs around Murrell's tropical complex in that strange little jig: run 20 feet, slowly spin around in place, run 20 feet, slowly spin around in place...

OOC: Kelkan invokes Detect Magic and tries to check the place for magical artifacts. Even though he believes it is pointless, Murrell having proven apt at this task already and quite methodical in the organizing of his resources.

infax

First Post
Kelkan: Hafling, Wizard

When the morning sun inundates the strange, three floors' hut, Kelkan awakes in ernest. One hour later, he is cleaning sweat from the heat and concentration from his brow, already feeling as prepared as he can for the day.

"I am ready, companions." He announces. "And I am willing to carry all this weight around for you Murrell if you want." Kelkan says, already heaving the bundle of spell books from the floor.

OOC: Kelkan will start the day with the following spells prepared:
0-lvl:
--Light
--Mage Hand
--Detect Magic
--Dancing Lights (or another Detect Magic if there is no 0-lvl illusions)
1st:
--Shield
--Magic Weapon
2nd:
--Scare

He has also prepared a bundle with 8 daggers and as much (limited to three days worth) rations as he is able. If there is almost no rations, he will count on his companions gathering abilities as he is clueless in the wild.

alsih2o

First Post
swift finds only that the log is hollow, but nothing else.

the night is noisy up in the trees, the birds obviously trust murrell, and keeop close to the platforms, making sleep hard, and making it involve lots of bird poop.

about 3 in the morning, loske, jak and swift are all awakened by movement. a soft stirring. when they lift their heads they can see murrel, up on his toes, tossing small bits of jerky on top of the hollow log...

alsih2o

First Post
whhops! as for detect magic.

the books glow slightly, a longsword against the main trunk glows slightly, and strangely enough, 6 of the fruits growing around glow with divine energy...

and the normal magic stuff you guys are carrying...

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Loske: (Female/Half Elf/Ranger 3)

Loske raises her head tiredly wondering about the strange noises. Noises that this time doesn’t seem to originate from birds. Upon seeing Murrel tossing the jerky she can’t help but thinking. I hope that some sort of a trap and not an example of how are guide has lost his mind from his exposure to this island. Loske slides from the covers and moves closer to observe the old man asking him when she comes into range to whisper, “Can I help you their…?”

OOC:
alsih2o, How tall is Murrel?

Magical Item
If Murrel has no interest in the long sword, aka it’s not his personal sword and it’s been laying around in his organized armory then Loske will look it over with keen interest with the intent of keeping it.

If someone else is interested in the long sword please say so. It is my weapon of choice though. :D I think everyone else is armed with their original stuff aren’t they? Well for the most part.

Last edited:

Macbeth

First Post
Swift will feign that he is still asleep No sense in tipping my hand, I had best wait to see what he's doing
While trying to look asleep, he wil watch Murrell, lookinf in particular for any evidence of the jerky being eaten by anything within the tree.

Remove ads