• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Remnants of the Horde: Vespasian...

deadestdai

First Post
The elf forced the man onto his knee. It had been months since he had taken blows so harsh! With swift movement and a sureness only survival can demand he jumps back to set some distance between himself and the warrior and sets a potion between his his teeth, yanks out the cork and sinks the contents. (5' step back doesn't offer aoo right? Drinks Cure Moderate.)

This is your last chance to give up elf. He spits from between gnashed teeth, slinging the empty potion bottle aside.

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
deadestdai said:
The elf forced the man onto his knee. It had been months since he had taken blows so harsh! With swift movement and a sureness only survival can demand he set a potion within his teeth. Uncorked it and sunk the contents. (Drinks Cure Moderate.) Then sweeps Whorefrost at the impudent elf.

Will you not die!?

OoC:Drinking a potion in melee will provoke an Attack of Op, do you really want that?

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Uriel said:
OoC:Drinking a potion in melee will provoke an Attack of Op, do you really want that?

Nope, but he will attck nonetheless, though the diff is one less hit from him and you heal... I just looked at your sheet, and your Lay on Hands would heal 33HP, much better than a Potion...

deadestdai

First Post
Uriel said:
Nope, but he will attck nonetheless, though the diff is one less hit from him and you heal... I just looked at your sheet, and your Lay on Hands would heal 33HP, much better than a Potion...

OOC - Then I'll do that. If that doesn't offer my elven friend an aoo, then I will attack afterward. (Is it okay to hate this frikken dual gladius pointy eared bugger yet?)

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
deadestdai said:
OOC - Then I'll do that. If that doesn't offer my elven friend an aoo, then I will attack afterward. (Is it okay to hate this frikken dual gladius pointy eared bugger yet?)

OoC: Well, since he is hitting 4 times at +17/+17/+12/+12 1D6+7(5offhand) crit 15-20, I think it's fine to hate him. Seeing as how I've critted you 4 times and all...:D
Vespazian lays hands on himself for 33HP after having stepped back 5 feet.

The Elf, though missing the free hit on Captain Vespazian, strikes out again, hitting twice <21HP>. Much less effective blows than before...

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Close to his own end, Vespazian swings Whorefrost once more, the World seeming to stop as he saw the axe move up under the Wlf's pitiful parry, catching him full in the chest. The Elf's eyes roll up and he falls, dead at Vespazian's feet.
Around him, the sounds of battle grow more clear, as does the diffussed blast of Lightning in the distance that signified that the Keep's Mascot still lived to deal death among the Elves.

deadestdai

First Post
His breathing laboured, the human captain steps forward to look upon the body of the elf, whilst making use of a couple of his healing potions (OOC - bloody elf won't get any aoo's now! :) ).

Making sure he was alone with the wretched thing, he hawks and spits on the corpse whilst searching it for any useful items, saying a swift litergy so that it's soul will stay forever trapped, tormented in an icy hell. The captain then brings his axe down to sever the head from the body and, picking it up to carry it by it's hair, he searches through the lessening gloom to find out where his troops were and hopefully make something of this chaos.

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Vespazian sees that the Elf carried two exquisite gladius, as well as several rings and a fine suit of mail. Anything else would require some form of Magical Detection, which Vespazian did not have.

A figure rose out of the gloom, a bloodied Ogre followed by a second (this one crunching on something bloody and meaty. Nearby, a trio of Hobgoblins come into view, firing arrows as they back up.
One Hob turns to Vespazian and yelles 'Captain, the fighting doesn't go well out there, do we retreat?' The Hobgoblin looks as if he had just said the foulest of words, and the Ogre (without elf brisket in his teeth) snarls at the word.Muragar were not known either for the intelligence or their willingness to retreat.
In the mist (which seemed to be lifting somewhat), other shapes could be seen, shapes coming cautiously but steadily towards Vespazian's position. They did not look like Myrachian troops.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads