Revised ELH Abominations

Belzamus

First Post
Okay, I wanted to do something a little different with my Heka, so for one, I had them wield 50 size-appropriate Greatswords, each held in two hands, which dramatically increases their damage output. The I added U_K's Warmonger ability, since it fits so well. Then I added their Insight bonus to a wider array of stats. Finally, and this is more for my setting (as they're outfitted in the armories of the Stellar Void) they're equipped with powerful epic armor and weapons inlaid with orichalcum.

They're obviously the most powerful of the abominations, I honestly think their CR may still be low considering how much damage they can deal out. (Average 10,000/round or so against a non-crit-immune opponent, and that's without Power Attack.). Though, at this point, d100 hit dice are starting to crop up, so it's not that much of a stretch. There are other way to defend against pure melee anyways. They might even be a little over-CR'd in that case.

Immortal Hekatonkeires

Huge Outsider (Chaotic, Evil, Extra-Planar)

Hit Dice: 104d20 +2,704 +104 (4,888 hp)
Initiative: +45 (+13 Dexterity, +4 Divine, +20 Insight, +8 Superior Initiative)
Speed: 100 ft., Fly 300 ft.

Armor Class: 165 (-2 Size, +52 Armor, +16 Deflection, +13 Dexterity, +4 Divine, +20 Insight, +52 Natural)
Flat-Footed: 152 Touch: 61

Base Attack/Grapple: +104/+166
Space/Reach: 15 ft./15 ft.

Attack: 50 Huge +6 Orichalcum-Inlaid Great Swords +166 10d10+67 15-20/x4

Special Abilities: Summon Hecatonkeires

Special Qualities: Abomination Traits, Constant Insight, Critical Hit Immunity, Divine Toughness, DR 50/--, Electricity Immunity, Fast Healing 50, Regeneration 50, Superior Multi-Weapon Fighting, SR 118, Telepathy, Warmonger

Saves: Fort +109 Ref +99 Will +86
Abilities: Str 71 Dex 27 Con 63 Int 18 Wis 16 Cha 42

Skills: Climb +161, Diplomacy +144, Hide +140, Intimidate +144, Jump +161, Knowledge (Religion, the Planes) +135, Listen +184, Search +185, Sense Motive +134, Spot+184, Survival +157

Feats: Cleave, Combat Reflexes, Great Cleave, Greater Weapon Focus (Great Sword), Greater Weapon Specialization (Greater Sword), Improved Critical (Greatsword), Improved Initiative, Melee Weapon Mastery (Slashing), Power Attack, Improved Sunder, Weapon Focus (Great Sword), Weapon Specialization (Great Sword)

Epic Feats: Dire Charge, Epic Weapon Focus (Great Sword), Epic Weapon Specialization (Great Sword), Heavy Armor Mastery, Improved Combat Reflexes, Improved Critical Multiplier (Great Sword), Improved Toughness, Greater Critical (Great Sword), Greater Critical Multiplier (Great Sword), Greater Power Attack, Greater Sunder, Light Armor Mastery, Light Eradication, Medium Armor Mastery, Multi-Weapon Rend, Perfect Cleave, Perfect Sunder, Power Attack mastery, Superior Cleave, Superior Initiative, Uncanny Power Attack, Weapon Abatement

Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Environment: Divine Necropoleis, Temporal Prisons
ECL: 153
CR: 102
Possessions: 50 +6 Orichalcum-Inlaid Huge Great Swords, +20 Heavy Fortification Orichalcum-Inlaid Full Plate

Combat

Cleave

A Hekatonkeires may take a 5 ft. step between Cleave attacks and Cleaves on Critical Hits in addition to when it drops a foe.

Constant Insight

Hekatonkeires gain a +20 Insight Bonus to Armor Class, Attack Rolls, Initiative, Saving Throws, and Skill Checks.

Divine Toughness

Hekatonkeires have d20 hit dice.

Immunities

Hekatonkeires are immune to Ability Damage, Ability Drain, Critical Hits, Death by Massive Damage, Electricity Damage, Energy Drain, and spells from the Enchantment, Illusion, and Transmutation schools.

Multi-Weapon Rend

Whenever a Hekatonkeires succeeds on two successful attacks against an opponent, it Rends them for 20d10+82 damage. It may only Rend an opponent once per round, but may an unlimited number of opponents per round.

Power Attack

Hekatonkeires Power Attack at a 4:1 ratio and automatically Power Attack for the amount by which their Attack Rolls exceeds their opponent’s Armor Class.

Sunder

Hekatonkeires deal triple damage on Sunder attacks.

Summon Hekatonkeires

Once per day, a Hekatonkeires may summon another of its kind.

Superior Multi-Weapon Fighting

Hekatonkeires fight with 50 Great Swords simultaneously (each held in two hands) with no penalty. While flying, it may bring all its attacks to bear by spinning around in mid-air, otherwise, it may only bring 5 attacks to bear against a Small opponent, 10 against a Medium opponent, 15 against a Large opponent, and 30 against a Huge or lager opponent while fighting on the ground.

Telepathy

Hekatonkeires may communicate telepathically with any creature within 1,000 ft. that has a language.

Warmonger

Hekatonkeires may select feats normally available only to Fighters.

Howdy mate! :)

Belzamus said:
Here's the Phane, probably the strongest so far, though good saves would see most parties of this level through without too much hassle, I think.

...that old flaw in 3E design. ;)

I was worried Time Stop at will was overpowered for this level, but...there's not really much he can do in a Time Stop besides run away with Greater Teleport.

Yes its a bit pants.

Oh, and U_K, do the CRs look low?

They look on the money from my quick eyeballing.

...although how many times do I have to keep suggesting Improved Natural Attack before people take to it? ;)

I knew I should have given that an Epic counterpart as well as a Divine and Cosmic one.

I could see them being a bit higher, but I think a 70ish level party could handle them in most cases.

If you are using v5 (with the v6 upgrades I have mentioned) then you basically know as much as me on the matter.

Hola belzamus amigo! :)

Belzamus said:
Oh, I'm putting it off at the moment, but does anyone have any suggestions for cool additions to the Dream Larva? Kind of drawing a blank here. I'd hate to just buff it's existing abilites when it's such a ripe concept.

It could deal Trauma (aka Ectenic) damage. I'm redeveloping this idea for 4E, but it works well here. Basically Trauma damage stacks with itself.

e.g. If you suffer 20 Trauma damage in Round 1, in Round 2 you take 30 Trauma Damage which becomes 50 (because you add all previous Trauma damage to all new Trauma damage).

At the moment the idea is pencilled in something like that. Although it does sort of overlap with another damage type I have which is superior, so it may change in the long term.

Additionally, I won't be doing the Chichimec or Anaxim as...I just don't like them, honestly, and they don't really fit my setting. If anyone else wants to take a stab in this vein, it'd be cool though.

I always thought the Chichemec would be cool if they were formed from the wings torn from the Grigori (Fallen Angels). ;)

So, Atropal, then Heca (and I love U_K's revision, I just need a slightly tougher version for my setting), then the Dream Larva. I'm going to do the Umbral Blot, too, as I hate that thing as it stands and I think there's a lot of potential abilities for it in Ascension.

I'm not sure I like my 3E Hekatonchiere. I have been working on a conversion for 4th Edition and I really don't like them as Solo opponents. I think they work best as Elites.

Might give the Hunefer and the Uvuudam a shot, too. They could conceivably work in my setting. (Lots of entropy and deicide-aspected creatures, which is why I so, SO wanted to see the Umbrals. :( )

It pains me that I never got the Umbrals details in 3E - I have so many great ideas for them. :(

One of the Umbrals is actually the spitting image of Tacgnol...

http://art4linux.org/system/files/Longcat War-1600x1200.jpg

Belzamus

First Post
But...but I did use INA in most of them! I suppose the Atropal could have it, but 100d6 is a lot of damage already..though 100d8 is even better. :devil:

I think it might be worth looking into an epic>divine>cosmic tree for them, since you need psycho VSCs to keep up with the Weapon Specialization abilities. (Do you need to be a fighter for those? It's not really clear to me. Seems like you would.)

How would that work? They would have to take the increase from VSCs into a account. A Tianic First One with good strength should have around 300 strength, doubled with Legendary Strength to 600, giving him... 20,480d10 or 2,480d100 damage on a slam. That's...almost enough to keep up with Unearthly Weapon Spec. (The same First One wielding a Black Hole Matter Greatsword with Perfect Critical Multiplier would deal 14,750d10 or 1,475d100 per hit...which is actually less, until you add in that he'll likely be getting between 6 and 10 attacks that way.)

So, I don't know. Maybe they aren't necessary, but weapon damage sky-rockets with UWS.

Belzamus

First Post
What's the consensus on sizes? I left themthe same despite their increased HD. Should I raise them? I really hate huge monsters with garbage AC, I think there are already way too many in that role now. It would add some nice damage to most of them, though.

I'm working on my Dream Larva at the moment, not sure how well he's going to come out. We'll see. I don't have all that much to go on. I guess it'll come down to tweeking what he already has.

Belzamus

First Post
Immortal Dream Larva

Large Outsider (Chaotic, Evil, Extra-Planar)

Hit Dice: 90d8 +1,170 +540 (2,430 hp)
Initiative: +31 (+19 Dexterity, +4 Divine, +8 Superior Initiative)
Speed: 80 ft., Fly 240 ft.

Armor Class: 90 (-1 Size, +31 Deflection, +19 Dexterity, +4 Divine, +27 natural)
Flat-Footed: 71 Touch: 63

Base Attack/Grapple: +90/+120
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.

Attack: Bite +116 4d6+26 18-20/x4
Gore +116 4d6+26 18-20/x4
4 Pincers +116 4d6+26 18-20/x4
4 Claws +116 2d8+26 18-20/x4

Special Abilities: Cacophonous Phantasm, Devour Dream, Dream Stealer, Improved Grab, Sending, Spell-Like Abilities, Worst Nightmare

Special Qualities: Abomination Traits, DR 45/Epic and Good, Fast healing 45, Regeneration 45, SR 104, Sonic Immunity, Sublime Horror, Telepathy

Saves: Fort +64 Ref +70 Will +62
Abilities: Str 54 Dex 48 Con 37 Int 24 Wis 32 Cha 72

Skills: Concentration +110, Craft (Dream Weaving) +104, Diplomacy +128, Escape Artist +116, Hide +116, Intimidate +128, Jump +119, Knowledge (Arcana, the Planes) +104, Listen +108, Move Silently +116, Search +104, Sense Motive +108, Spot +108

Feats: Improved Critical (Bite, Claw, Gore, Pincer), Improved Initiative, Improved Natural Attack (Bite, Claw, Gore, Pincer), Improved Multi Attack, Multi Attack

Epic Feats: Dire Charge, Greater Critical (Bite, Claw, Gore, Pincer), Greater Critical Multiplier (Bite, Claw, Gore, Pincer), Improved Critical Multiplier (Bite, Claw, Gore, Pincer), Improved Toughness (6), Superior Initiative

Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Environment: Dreams, Nightmares
ECL: 115
CR: 77

Combat

Cacophonous Phantasm

As a Standard Action, a Dream Larva may instill visions of utter, mind-breaking horror in an opponent within 1,000 ft.. The victim must make a Will Save (DC 90) to resist the effect each round. A Dream Larva need not concentrate once instilling the visions within the victim. The effect proceeds for 4 rounds as follows:

• Round 1: The opponent collapses, clutching their head and falling into a fetal position. Treat as paralyzed.
• Round 2: The opponent gouges out their own eyes. Treat as permanently blind.
• Round 3: The opponent attempts to slay themselves. Treat as dealing 50% of Maximum Hit Points.
• Round 4: The opponent succeeds in killing themselves.

Devour Dream

As a Standard Action, a Dream Larva may devour the dreams of an opponent it has affected with its Sending ability. This deals the opponent 4d1000 Experience Drain and heals the Dream Larva 4d100 Hit Points.

Dream Stealer

Once per round, a Dream Larva may make a Melee Touch Attack to steal an opponent’s dreams. The opponent gets a Will Save (DC 90) to resist the effect. Once their dreams are stolen, all experience earned by the character is instead transferred to the Dream Larva. A Wish or Miracle spell allows for a second Save. The character afflicted takes 1 point of Wisdom Drain per weak while affected.

Improved Grab

If a Dream Larva hits with a Claw or Pincer, it may elect to start a Grapple as a Free Action that does not provoke an Attack of Opportunity. The Dream Larva may either hold the opponent, dealing Claw or Pincer damage each round, or use its Sending ability.

Immunities

Dream Larva are immune to Ability Damage, Ability Drain, Death by Massive Damage, Energy Drain, Mind-Affecting Effects, Sonic Damage, and Spells from the Enchantment, Illusion, and Transmutation schools.

Sending

Opponents Grappled by a Dream Larva can be sent into a nightmare, at the Dream Larva’s option, on its next action after establishing the Grapple. The victim must make a Will Save (DC 90), or be hurled into a nightmare realm where it can take no actions but observe for 2d4 rounds. After returning to reality, the victim receives 4d6 Wisdom Damage. If the victim takes more Wisdom Damage than they have Wisdom, the difference becomes instead Constitution Damage.

Spell-Like Abilities

Caster Level 94th DC 45+Spell Level
At Will: Empowered Prismatic Spray, Magic Jar, Nightmare, Quickened Phantasmal Killer, Trap the Soul, Weird
4/day: Dreamscape, Soul Dominion

Sublime Nightmare

A Dream Larva is a creature so horrifying that it troubles the dreams of even gods. Magical immunity of any kind is ineffective against its Mind-Affecting and Death Effects. Only natural immunity (such as that of a Construct) renders a creature immune to the Dream Larva’s effects.

Telepathy

A Dream Larva may communicate with any creature within 1,000 ft. that has a language.

Worst Nightmare

Any opponent within 1,000 ft. of a Dream Larva setting eyes on it for the first time must make a Will Save (DC 90) or die. Anyone succeeding on the save is immune to this ability for one day.

Hiya mate! :)

Belzamus said:
But...but I did use INA in most of them!

Maybe I missed it or looked at the ones it wouldn't benefit. :eek:

I suppose the Atropal could have it, but 100d6 is a lot of damage already..though 100d8 is even better. :devil:

Its not bad damage.

I think it might be worth looking into an epic>divine>cosmic tree for them, since you need psycho VSCs to keep up with the Weapon Specialization abilities. (Do you need to be a fighter for those? It's not really clear to me. Seems like you would.)

I'd say you need to be a Fighter, but really in 3E that just meant you had to take a level of it (or might have been 4 levels I can't remember exactly).

How would that work? They would have to take the increase from VSCs into a account. A Tianic First One with good strength should have around 300 strength, doubled with Legendary Strength to 600, giving him... 20,480d10 or 2,480d100 damage on a slam. That's...almost enough to keep up with Unearthly Weapon Spec. (The same First One wielding a Black Hole Matter Greatsword with Perfect Critical Multiplier would deal 14,750d10 or 1,475d100 per hit...which is actually less, until you add in that he'll likely be getting between 6 and 10 attacks that way.)

I'm just looking at those numbers and thinking how the heck is that feasible in a game!?

So, I don't know. Maybe they aren't necessary, but weapon damage sky-rockets with UWS.

Well, thats 3E for you. ;)

Belzamus

First Post
I'm just looking at those numbers and thinking how the heck is that feasible in a game!?

Hey, they're your rules. :p

Besides, you've got to be able to hack through a Time Lord's 2 billion hp somehow, right? Of course, before then it's massive overkill. Is the multiplier supposed to apply to just the base dice or the +X from Power Attack and whatnot to? Because that gets pretty insane when you PA at a 12:1 (192:1 with a Scythe with Perfect Critical and UWS? 384:1 with a Leap Attack? EEK!)

Luckily, at that point, you have Perfect Defense, Learned Weapon Immunity, and the like. (Which makes abrogate that much more useful.) Still, when a First One can 1-shot another First One it's a little crazy. Until he realizes his opponent has Transgenic, Transmortality, Transmigration...mwahaha!

Oh, plus, they make d10's in demoninatons of 100,000; 10,000; 1,000; and 100, though I don't have any. Would probably be useful for actually attempting to play something so ludicrous.

Anyway, I'm going to do the Umbral Blot now. I'm looking at Gravitic abilities and Antimatter. Should be fun. :)

Belzamus

First Post
Here's the Umbral Blot, last of the ones I need for my Sidereals. I might still do a few more if I feel like it, these are a lot easier to make than Sidereals. (freaking ten-page stat writeups.)

I'd hate to fight this thing. Seriously. It can be killed, but it would be hellishly difficult, I think.

Oh, and emphasis on the "Umbral". These now hail from the dimension of Entropy and get oodles of nasty reality warping abilities. Somehow I managed to avoid giving them Permanent Damage, despite my obsession with it. ;)

Immortal Umbral Blot

Medium Construct

Hit Dice: 140d20 +2,100 (4,900 hp)
Initiative: +46 (+10 Dexterity, +28 Gravitic Mastery, +8 Superior Initiative)
Speed: Fly 270 ft. (Perfect)

Armor Class: 83 (+10 Dexterity, +28 Gravitic Mastery, +35 Natural)
Flat-Footed: 73 Touch: 48

Base Attack/Grapple: +70/+118
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.

Attack: Melee Touch +128 280d6 +Disintegrating Touch

Special Abilities: Antimatter Blast, Compression, Disintegrating Touch, Void Pulse, Vortex

Special Qualities: DR 140/--, Energy Immunity, Gravitic Mastery, Magic Immunity, Reconstitution, Unearthly Construction

Saves: Fort +63 Ref +73 Will +74
Abilities: Str 10 Dex 30 Con 0 Int 14 Wis 32 Cha 68

Skills: Hide +181, Listen +182, Move Silently +181, Spot +182

Feats: Improved Initiative

Epic Feats: Epic Prowess (20), Improved Toughness (15), Superior Initiative

Alignment: Neutral
Environment: Dimension of Entropy, Sites of Dimensional Bleeding, Space
ECL: 141
CR: 94

Combat

Antimatter Blast

As a Standard Action, an Umbral Blot can emit a burst of destabilizing energy in a 375 ft. radius centered on itself. This effect deals 1d20 Antimatter Damage per Hit Dice of the target. A successful Reflex Save (DC 137) halves the effect.

Compression

An Umbral Blot generates a field of super-intense gravity about itself. Foes within a certain distance lose a percentage of their Hit Points each round as follows:

• 10 ft: 1d10%
• 50 ft.: 1d6%
• 100 ft.: 1d4%
• 250 ft.: 1%

Disintegrating Touch

Anything touching an Umbral Blot is automatically Disintegrated unless it succeeds on a Fortitude Save (DC 137). Those making the save instead take 5d6 damage. This affects any weapon striking an Umbral Blot; if the opponent attacks with a Natural Weapon, they are subjected to the effect.

Energy Immunity

Umbral Blots are inimical to the natural elements. They are unaffected by Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire, or Sonic Attacks, either natural or magical.

Gravitic Mastery

Umbral Blots bend space around them in a constantly fluctuating matter to give themselves an advantage. They gain a Gravitic Mastery Bonus to Armor Class, Attack Rolls, Initiative, Saving Throws, Skills Checks, and the DCs of special abilities equal to 1/5 their Hit Dice.

Magic Immunity

Umbral Blots are completely immune to any spell that allows Spell Resistance.

Reconstitution

An Umbral Blot is almost impossible to destroy. If reduced to 0 Hit Points, it simply reforms one round later at maximum Hit Points unless a Miracle or Wish spell is cast to keep it destroyed. It receives a Will Save to resist the affect. A Limited Wish spell may keep it from reforming for 1 round per Caster Level, though the Umbral Blot gets a new Will Save every round to shrug off the effect and reform.

Unearthly Construction

Umbral Blots have d20 Hit Dice and receive maximum Hit Points per Hit Die.

Void Pulse

As a Full Round Action, an Umbral Blot may emit a Dead Magic Zone in a 375 ft. radius centered on itself that lasts for 4 rounds. This ability does not impede the Umbral Blot in any way.

Vortex

As a Full Round Action, an Umbral Blot may release the intense gravity hold it together, swirling outward in a vortex of destruction with a radius of 375 ft. centered on itself. This automatically deals its Melee Touch (including Disintegrating Touch) damage to all opponents within the burst radius. A Reflex Save (DC 137) negates the effect.

Belzamus

First Post
Actually, U_K I had an idea. Why not create a chain for INA for just Incorporeal Touch as it doesn't go up with size or VSCs?

Say...

Improved Touch Attack: HD*2 d8 [Non-Epic]
Superior Touch attack: HD*2 d10 [Epic]
Perfect Touch Attack: HD*2 d20 [Divine]
Uncanny Touch Attack: HD*2 d100 [Cosmic]

So, our First One from before (assume 240 HD) would have a Touch Attack dealing 240d100, or 240-24,000 damage. Not even close to what VSCs provide, but still, it is closer, and you could fannagle Unearthly WS and Perfect Critical Multiplier to working with it to get it up to 1,320d100. In the same ballpark as he would get from a natural attack modified by VSCs, but still only one per round.

Maybe another ability to add more Touch Attacks per round?

Of course, there's always the various Touch attacks from the effect abilites too, which are actually weaker at only 1.5*HD. Oh well, way too late to houserule it to HD*2 now with all those Sidereals built. And an Astro Touch still owns no matter what ratio it uses. :p

Oh, and I believe you yourself once said that above level 200 all bets are off. ;) No wonder the damage is so crazy. The only balance is that everyone can kill each other in one round most of the time.

Remove ads