Rogue Archer Build Tweaking

KerlanRayne

Explorer
ruleslawyer said:
If you can house-rule in a ghost touch bow or arrow enhancement (by the RAW, that weapon property applies to melee weapons only) then blink + sneak attack is the bomb.

Ghost touch doesn't remove miss chance from Blink.

KerlanRayne

TheOrk

First Post
KerlanRayne said:
Ghost touch doesn't remove miss chance from Blink.

KerlanRayne

I think one can live with 20% Miss Chance in Medium Levels for the benefit of shooting a Sneak Attack every time...
On High Levels you should have a Spellcaster with Improved Invisibility anyway, or?

Good enchantments are:
Distance (doubles range Increment) +1
Flaming / frost / Shock all +1
Blood Seeking (Fire at Targets behind total cover?) +1
Exit Wounds (for some extra gore) +2
Knockback (STR+8 Bullrush on Target) +3

I don't know how effective Knockback would realy be in high Levels, so i don't know if it's worth the +3

Just save all your Money on a "Bow of Flaming Shocking Frost" (lol) that would be a total of +3 don't buy any normal enchantments.
Go Arcane Archer and Fire mundane arrows all the time (very cheap) that will add some 3d6 of extra damage and have the +1 to +5 enchantment from an Arcane Archer...

Forget about Ghost Touch, it just makes the Weapon kind of intersting to look at ;)

hong

WotC's bitch
Surely someone else must be thinking that "Rogue Archer", as in an archer who goes bad, sounds like a KICKASS character concept, if not an actual character name.

Hong "and he would have a bow named Gunnar, and a bag of holding named Bagman" Ooi

Remove ads