• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Rogue Trader PbP] The Heir Apparent Act I

Uthic

First Post
Mordekai listens to Dallion, glancing at Zander at the mention of the techpriests. Once Dallion's completed his briefing of sorts, he leans forward from his seat and speaks to Thraxus

"I'd recommend we look up the Mechanicus brothers first, should be a relatively simple operation.." He pauses "..well, assuming that bit about the Orks being gone is true. We could do a lot worse than having some tech-priests in our debt"

Kaelan

First Post
Macharius listens carefully and replies.

"I have to agree with Mordekai, having tech-priests in our debt could prove useful plus there is the chance for more work later on depending on what we find."

jammastaj

First Post
"I agree completely, though I might have a bit of a bias," Zander remarks to his companions.

"I had intended to visit the local tech-priests in any case. Our databanks seem to be somewhat sparse on intelligence about the Expanse and its denizens. I was hoping to barter for information, but maybe now we can simply include that in our price if we take on their request."

Gregor

First Post
"Excellent," says Thraxus, "I'm in agreement. Let us inquire with these Tech Priests. Let us also discuss a potential contract with this Mr. Serger ... legal or not, I'm interested in making thrones." He takes another sip of his drink, savoring the rich smoke and peaty taste. "Dallion, can you schedule a meeting with both parties, or barring that, inform us as to where we can locate them?"

Thraxus ponders for a moment and absentmindedly clinks a fingernail against the glass in rhythm with the pulsing hum of the travelling vehicle. He breaks his concentration to ask another question. "Dallion, what can we expect at this dinner tonight? Is this a usual form of greeting by an administrator or is the meal a pretense for having a fat headed administrator reading us the riot act on how things are and are not done while on board 'his' station?"

The Bashar

First Post
Dallion chuckles at Thraxus’ comment.
“Administrator Farellus knows that most of the thrones on his station come from Rogue Traders and others who venture into the Kronous expanse. He considers it proper protocol to host any Rogue Trader who comes to the station. He is more likely to fatten you with a delicious meal and then encourage you to do business with his partners. From what I’ve heard he has his fingers in many pies. It may be worth while to hear him out.

Besides, there are likely to be other important people there. There are a number of older Rogue Trader dynasties on the station, maybe they will be in attendance? The Imperial Navy will likely have a few officers at the dinner. I am sure they will be there remind you that you are still in the Imperium and that law still applies here. They have a certain distaste for Rogue Traders.”

Dallion makes some entries into the data slate.

“I will make contact with the Tech Priests and Mr. Serger. I will try to arrange meetings as quickly possible once we reach the apartments. You may want to consider staying an extra day or two. It could make the scheduling much easier...”

Dallion trails off as the car begins to decelerate rather quickly. With a bemused look on his face he activates the Vox.

“Samuel, why are you slowing down? We are not even close to the administration district yet.”

“Sir, the train cars a head of us have already stopped. I’m getting word over the Vox that there is another refugee demonstration. They are apparently blocking the tracks with debris. Station securtiy and the Arbites are on their way. They are instructing us to remain in the car as the refugees may be armed and dangerous.”

Dallion shakes his head.

“Stupid refugees. They believe that the administration of the station should find them suitable living conditions and feed them. They stage these displays every so often to remind the people actually trying to get work done that they are still there hiding in the guts of the station. Hopefully, this will get cleaned up soon. The Arbites should shoot a few to make an example.”

The car has now come to a complete stop. There are stopped train cars to the front of and behind the car. There is also a track to the right of the car that has stopped train cars as well. To the left and right of the track is a fence with razer wire strung across the top. You are currently in the middle of the Trade District.

Gregor

First Post
Thraxus' hand moves to the large hand cannon on his belt and looks out the windows to see if he notices anything suspicious or dangerous.

"Something like this on a Hive World would mean a full on riot," muses Thraxus, "so I'm anticipating the front cars going up in flames or filthy refugees smashing in our windows any time now."

OOC: Edit on the roll: my Awareness is actually only 15 - it's untrained basic for Thraxus.

Last edited:

Uthic

First Post
Mordekai feels the car decelerate, jerked forward in his seat slightly, he frowns and casts his eyes about, to the cars in front and back, letting his gaze linger on the fences to the right and left.

OOC: Alright, screwed up the awareness roll, please ignore the stupidly done one.

Last edited:

jammastaj

First Post
"Do you really think something might happen here? That these refugees would become violent? If you think it could be a while before the train gets going again, we might even be able to send Brother Jorald out for a look around, perhaps to see how bad the blockage really is."

Zander notices the others carefully looking out of the train car's windows and decides to take a look around as well.

Kaelan

First Post
"I'm sure the Arbites will have everything under control, but just in case we should be prepared for any eventuality" replies Macharius.

Macharius looks around the car windows, focusing his gaze on the various stopped train cars on the tracks around them.

Remove ads