roleplaying people are satanists ;)

Mark Hope

Adventurer
It seems to me that Jack Chick is subtly trying to encourage us to have lustful thoughts about Ms. Frosted Cupcake. He really is quite insidious.

And I like it.

DJCupboard

Explorer
For years I've known about religious oposition to rping and its "connections" to satanism and for years in different venues I've been seeing references to Elfstar without having any clue what was being refferenced. This makes Lore Sjoberg and the old Brunching Shuttlecocks site at least ten times more hilarious.

Pbartender

First Post
Every time I read Dark Dungeons, I can't help but think...

$200.00 doesn't buy nearly as many new D&D figures and manuals as it used to.

:\

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Pbartender said:
Every time I read Dark Dungeons, I can't help but think...

$200.00 doesn't buy nearly as many new D&D figures and manuals as it used to.

:\

That's why the 3.5 version of Mind Bondage makes your father buy you figures and manuals worth $50.00 per caster level. With her 8th level, Debbie would get 400 bucks to use for figures and manuals!

Gnome Quixote

First Post
Merkuri said:
It was so rediculous, I could've sworn it was satire until I realized there was no punchline. Then I saw the little "come back to Christ!" note at the bottom and gaped. I couldn't believe anyone nowadays could be THAT misinformed.

Hmm. I wouldn't have thought people could be so ignorant either, but then this happened to me:

I'm sitting in my boss' office at work, having poked my head in on my way out the door. This was a day or two after the school shooting in Montreal, which had really disturbed him--he has kids that age--and we'd been talking on and off about it all day. He went off on this tirade against "those weird goth kids", as the shooter had been a goth.

Now, to really get the irony here, allow me to put this in context for you: my boss is from a small rural community in Newfoundland, where he was married with two kids and very active in the church, until his mid-30's, when he came out as a closeted gay man. He left the church, left his wife, and moved across country to Toronto because it was more tolerant. "Live and let live" is a catch phrase I hear him use on an almost daily basis.

So when I quote this back to him, he screws up his face and says that he lives in fear of one his kids turning into "one of them".

"Scariest moment of my life was when my son asked for Dungeons & Dragons on his last birthday," he says. "We told him no way, he's not allowed to play it or hang out with anyone who does. Next thing we knew, he'd be bringing a sword to school and hacking people's heads off!"

My eyes kinda bug out of my head for a second, and then I start laughing, really hard. As he looks at me in confusion, I zip open my laptop bag, and pull out my copy of the PHB--I was on my way to DM a game at a friend's place right after work.

You never saw a man go so pale so fast. He stammered out an apology, and then made small talk with me about the game for a few minutes before I went home...but he's clearly been very nervous around me ever since...

So yeah, it's not just a comic strip: the attitude is still very much out there.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Kae'Yoss said:
That's why the 3.5 version of Mind Bondage makes your father buy you figures and manuals worth $50.00 per caster level. With her 8th level, Debbie would get 400 bucks to use for figures and manuals!

Yeah, but those crappy designers gave it a saving throw and a 1 round casting time. Now he can run out of the room before the spell takes effect! :mad:

Harmon

First Post
Vortakh said:
Greetings

We all are doomed. Read this:

<web site deleted>

Sick people writing about things they don't understand. :uhoh:

Moderators: If this thread somehow violates the forum rules, I am sorry. It's not meant to propagate that site but to show the folks here what some fanatics are thinking about our hobby.

Hay Vortakh, you know what the secret to immortality is?

Being remembered. If you let these web sites die they will be forgotten.

The people that create the drek about satan loving gamers are actually people of main line religious beliefs- oh, and there was that one kid that had "Satan Rules" drawn on a school book that had an AD&D PHB in a storage box twenty years ago, but there was no proof that he was actually a Satanist just some nut job main line religious figure that said he was.

Do us all a favor and let these web sites die, these people are more moronic then... anyone else on the internet and that includes me and a few of my fans.

wolframrkw

First Post
inspiration

Wow,
Blast from the past. This thread has inspired me to go add "Mazes and Monsters" on my Netflicks Que.
Hmmm, would I get in trouble for starting a LARP named "Mazes and Monsters"????

later
wolfram

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Henry said:
Yeah, but those crappy designers gave it a saving throw and a 1 round casting time. Now he can run out of the room before the spell takes effect! :mad:

You just have to use your goth bondage rope (included with each D&D purchase I'm sure) and tie him up first.

Gnome Quixote said:
You never saw a man go so pale so fast. He stammered out an apology, and then made small talk with me about the game for a few minutes before I went home...but he's clearly been very nervous around me ever since...

And I'm sure you're taking advantage of it. I know you do. Come on, admit it: You ask for a raise, he doesn't grant it, you make a D&D allusion, and he starts shaking so bad you can use him to mix drinks with (shaken, not disturbed) and gives you twice what you asked for. :p

I know I would, but in these here parts, all you get when you mention RPGs is blank stares. I couldn't scare anyone if I dressed up as the Dread Warlord and waved an axe in their face. Wait, I think I could at that, but it wouldn't be because of D&D.

Remove ads