• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

roleplaying people are satanists ;)

Animus

Explorer
And I have to add, tracks like those are ironic because they condemn the game that was inspired by the genre which was popularized in no small part by Christians (J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis)

Contrarian

First Post
Aeric said:
I remember finding one of these booklets on a grocery store shelf when I was in grade school (that's mainly how they distributed them, by leaving them in public places where people would come across them).

The tract-thumpers in your neighborhood are amateurs compared to the ones in my neighborhood. When I was a teenager, my brother and I once found a copy of "Dark Dungeons" inside an AD&D module. The Chick fanatics where I lived were apparently sneaking into the toy store (they still sold D&D in toy stores back then), using a razor blade to cut a slit in the plastic wrap around the module, and shoving the tract into the middle of the booklet.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Contrarian said:
The tract-thumpers in your neighborhood are amateurs compared to the ones in my neighborhood. When I was a teenager, my brother and I once found a copy of "Dark Dungeons" inside an AD&D module. The Chick fanatics where I lived were apparently sneaking into the toy store (they still sold D&D in toy stores back then), using a razor blade to cut a slit in the plastic wrap around the module, and shoving the tract into the middle of the booklet.

Or TSR did it. Think about it: I'm sure Chick would willingly give them hundreds of thousands of his tracts. They include it in the modules, the customer has a laugh, and it's much cheaper than using KoDT comics :lol:

gribble

Explorer
Henry said:
Nope, it's vintage. Not a thing changed panel to panel. Makes me laugh to realize that Minis were that prevalent in 1984 as to show up in an anti-tract, as well.

Weird, could have sworn it was subtly different from the last version I remember... must be getting old - losing my memory...
:heh:

Remove ads