Rowaini Musketeers: One For All and All For One

Fenris

Adventurer
Rystil Arden said:
"If I didn't know better, I would think you were flirting with me, my lord," Chloe raises an eyebrow.

"If you insist, my lord," her lips form outlines of the soft words as she brings another glass to them and sips just slightly, clearly unused to drinking the better wine from the inn's cellars.

Tristan raises himself from the water. "Mademoiselle, I am surprised. Is is now a wrong to share one's own wine? Is it a crime to tell the truth?" Tristan shakes his head and submerges in the pool, only to emerge closer yet to Chloe.
Looking deep into her eyes he says "Is it wrong to tell a beautiful woman that she is indeed beautiful?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
OOC: Hmm, I feel like Gabriel’s just been railroaded.

*Not one to leave himself in such a vulnerable position or to drift off to sleep when he doesn’t mean to, he didn’t drink that much after all, Gabriel is alarmed when he wakes back in his room. When he realises his lapse hasn’t left him in danger though, he lies back and enjoys the tingly relaxed feeling he’s experiencing, though he’s not as completely relaxed as he’d expect to be after a massage apparently that put him to sleep. Somewhat disappointed he wasn’t able to slip into the spa after his relaxing massage to clean up a little more, while enjoying the rest of his wine, he eventually rolls himself off his bed and organises a bath in his suite instead.*

(OOC: No, that's not railroading. It's called consolidation and moving forward--especially important for PbPs, as I've realised over the years of doing them. I wouldn't really even consider it railroading if a GM said 'you spent X gold and enoyed a relaxing night, and now it's the next day'. But that isn't the right pacing either for this game right now.)

*Gabriel is indeed completely relaxed by the massage, or at least, as relaxed as he has ever been by this sort of thing. He feels almost like the relaxing salve had a bit of a soporific effect that helped him drift off to sleep, but once he stretches his muscles to shake away the lethargy, he is feeling quite invigorated.*

(OOC: +1 morale bonus to physical skill checks, ability checks, attack rolls, and saves for the remainder of the day)

*As he gets up to organise a bath, he sees a little note from Nadine--*

'My lord,

The deep massage can sometimes have that effect on one who is tired from a long journey, particularly with the salve and the steam. I hope you are feeling fully relaxed. I hope you enjoy your stay

~Nadine'

*The 'i' in Nadine is dotted with a little heart.*

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Tristan said:
Tristan raises himself from the water. "Mademoiselle, I am surprised. Is is now a wrong to share one's own wine? Is it a crime to tell the truth?" Tristan shakes his head and submerges in the pool, only to emerge closer yet to Chloe.
Looking deep into her eyes he says "Is it wrong to tell a beautiful woman that she is indeed beautiful?"

"Well you did insist, my lord," Chloe answers quietly, as she smiles slightly, "And you flatter me, my lord. I know how I am...no lady of breeding. Thus should I be more afraid if the intent is sincere? And yet, why is my heart racing--can you answer me that, my lord? Perhaps it is the wine?"

Fenris

Adventurer
Rystil Arden said:
"Well you did insist, my lord," Chloe answers quietly, as she smiles slightly, "And you flatter me, my lord. I know how I am...no lady of breeding. Thus should I be more afraid if the intent is sincere? And yet, why is my heart racing--can you answer me that, my lord? Perhaps it is the wine?"

Leaning in closely Tristan whispers "Perhaps it is the wine, perhaps it is something more. Always follow your heart Chloe" and Tristan kisses her softly then rises from the bath and heads to the changing room.

"Bring me a towel, won't you Chloe" he calls back.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Uhh...I...yes, my lord!" Chloe replies, more than a bit flustered.

*She grabs him a fresh towel to dry himself off before changing.*

(OOC: He didn't spend as long, so Tristan will have a bit of time left after this before he synchs with the others. Once we account for that, we can bring back Hyacinthe with his Gather Information check!)

Fenris

Adventurer
Rystil Arden said:
"Uhh...I...yes, my lord!" Chloe replies, more than a bit flustered.

*She grabs him a fresh towel to dry himself off before changing.*

(OOC: He didn't spend as long, so Tristan will have a bit of time left after this before he synchs with the others. Once we account for that, we can bring back Hyacinthe with his Gather Information check!)

As Tristan heads to the changing room as Chloe is bringing him his towel, Tristan suddenly stops and turns around, dripping wet and without a towel yet. "You know Chloe I think I could go for that vapour after my refreshing dip" he says as he takes the towel from her. "Be a dear and fetch me a last glass of the Pirandel before the vapour room." Tristan waits for Chloe to hurry back to the pool for the glass and bottle. She returns to find Tristan watching her return, a generous smile upon his lips. He takes the glass from Chloe and drains it in a single raise. Handing the glass back to Chloe he raises her chin with his hand, looking deep into her eyes he says "I would invite you to join me, but if your heart is racing already, it may be too hot for you. You are of course welcome to join me. But as I said you should always follow your heart Chloe". With that Tristan turns and heads to the steam room.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Tristan said:
"I would invite you to join me, but if your heart is racing already, it may be too hot for you. You are of course welcome to join me. But as I said you should always follow your heart Chloe".

"I...I have work to do. Maybe some other time. If that is all, my lord?" Chloe waits to be dismissed or until Tristan heads away into the steam room, curtsies, and heads to her next task.

*Tristan sits in the steam room and watches as Gabriel receives a full body massage from a small and slender young woman, the aroma of herbs drifting through the vapour towards him. Whatever it is, the combination of the herbs, the massage, the steam, and the young woman whispering eventually lulls Gabriel to sleep. She calls in some other staff to help her carry Gabriel back upstairs, and then Tristan has the vapour room to himself for a while.*

*After a relaxing time spent therein, Tristan is eventually ready to leave, stifling a yawn himself as he stretches out and heads out.*

~~~

Jacen said:
"Is there?...I forgot earlier to ask for these to be washed." A note of anxiety enters his voice. "Are the others I came in with still here? What time is it?"

"It is just between third and fourth after noon, sir. We will have these washed for you at once sir. The others who bought their rooms along with you are still holding their keys as far as I know, sir. I can check their rooms for you if you like, sir."

~~~

*Gabriel has a nice bath up in his room. As he is finishing up and getting dressed again, there is a knock on the door as Hyacinthe returns.*

~~~

*As Tristan is heading upstairs, he comes across Hyacinthe on his way back in, probably to see Gabriel.*

~~~

(OOC: Hyacinthe--Gather Info SBLOCK in next post!)

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Hyacinthe Gather Info]*Hyacinthe works his way through town, starting at the Pinwheel and losing at a few games of cards along the way while chatting and getting a sense of happenings and goings-on in town.*

*It isn't long before he hears about the huge invitation-only gala tonight at the Dulirand estate. Baron Tomas Dulirand presides over the nearest barony to the city--as the provincial capital, the city of Arvanne technically does not fall into the jurisdiction of any of the barons who control the various baronies within Niarche province, as it is controlled by the Lord Mayor, under direct stewardship appointed by the Marquis himself. De facto, however, Dulirand is important in providing a support network for the city, and his manor is set up only a few hours from town.*

*Tomas's eldest son, Richard, is quite a dandy, and he often organises elaborate parties for the elite of Niarche province. His father encourages this because he hopes some young lady will catch his son's eye, though if not, soon Tomas will likely take matters into his own hands. Tomas's second son Guillaume cares more for blades than parties, and his third son Tomas (named for his father, technically the father is Tomas IV and the son is Tomas V of their family, though the numbers aren't usually used) is young yet but plans on joining the clergy. The baron also has several daughters as well.*

*Hyacinthe manages to find Richard Dulirand out on the town with his drinking buddy and best mate Gerald Cambres, heading to the tailor to pick up a special order for the night's festivities. Richard, always looking to drum up the notoriety of his events, which the inclusion of the King's elite could accomplish, is more than happy to provide three quick handwritten invitations for the Three Musketeers.*

"Oh, yes! That would be fabulous. I would love to have the three of them. Everyone who's anyone will be there tonight, and I'm sure they would love to take the measure of the King's champions. It will take two hours to reach the manor by horse, and it starts promptly at two after dusk. Light refreshments will be served, but you probably want to eat dinner first. You have all that? Super--good man!"[/SBLOCK]

unleashed

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
*Gabriel is indeed completely relaxed by the massage, or at least, as relaxed as he has ever been by this sort of thing. He feels almost like the relaxing salve had a bit of a soporific effect that helped him drift off to sleep, but once he stretches his muscles to shake away the lethargy, he is feeling quite invigorated.*

(OOC: +1 morale bonus to physical skill checks, ability checks, attack rolls, and saves for the remainder of the day)

*As he gets up to organise a bath, he sees a little note from Nadine--*

'My lord,

The deep massage can sometimes have that effect on one who is tired from a long journey, particularly with the salve and the steam. I hope you are feeling fully relaxed. I hope you enjoy your stay

~Nadine'

*The 'i' in Nadine is dotted with a little heart.*
*Well, I must have said or done something right, even if I don’t remember it, Gabriel muses with a smile as he notices the little heart dotting the ‘i’, not even giving any consideration to the fact that perhaps Nadine dots them like that all the time. Placing the note back where he found it, he heads off to have his bath.*

Last edited:

unleashed

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
*Gabriel has a nice bath up in his room. As he is finishing up and getting dressed again, there is a knock on the door as Hyacinthe returns.*
“Back at last, Hyacinthe! Well, did you find us an event to attend?” Gabriel asks, emerging from the bathroom in search of his bottle of wine.

Remove ads