• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RPGObjects: Boss for a day

Salcor

First Post
I have to jump on the adventure band wagon. Published adventures are the hardest thing to come by these days. Perhaps a generic blood and space adventure. I would also love to see you guys continue the Blood and Guts series. One my favorite sets of rules available online.

Salcor

kroh

First Post
Aw man... This is cool to see threads like this.

Prometheus setting and some one also said Blood and Vigillance 2. Both are awseom and would be fantastigroovy!

Some things that would also be fun to see if I ran the joint!

flx3.jpg

Blood and Secrets: R & D: a suppliment for Blood and Secrets detailing a whole bunch of gear as well as guidlines to creating some of your own.

Blood and Secrets: Solo Ops: A group of single (or linked) adventures designed for the James Bond type. For a single GM and player (or player duo).

B & V: Most Wanted : One of the types of books I used to love for HERO and the FASERIP Marvel was the details on all the bad guys. A big old enemies book detailed like an FBI dossier of the worst of the worst.

B & V: Agenda: Adventures for Blood and Vigilance

Blood and Brains: Starfall: Blood and Space treatment for Blood and Brains.

plagueborns.jpg

Blood and Relics:Covenant: A sourcebook for Blood and Relics; Dark Powers have made a pact with the Sons of Man to seperate the Primortals from the Naturals. Play as Mystic, Vampire, Fallen, or as a human trying to keep the Nether Wars from spilling into the street. (Think the Movie Underworld given that special RPG-OBJ treatment).
Covenant Puppy

RPG-O: RPG-Oversystem What would power RPG-Obj games if they designed their own super-ultra-killah system from the ground up?

So in a nut shell, I would say come up with some support for what you already have on the shelf or do something so totally crazy and bent...

dhw-d20.jpg

that it would rock the socks (sorry about the pic...couldn't resist)

IN any case...will some of the suggestions see the light of day ?

Regards,
Walt

Psion

Adventurer
Here's a thought just inspired by another thread. I'm not sure if this is exactly up RPGO's alley, but I'll give it a swing:

Read this post:
http://www.enworld.org/showpost.php?p=2905625&postcount=115

Now play along with this thought experiment:
LotR is to D&D as Harry Potter is to _________

What is the blank.
My first thought was MtAw, but MtAw is definitely a world of darkness product, a bit more in the urban fantasy vein.

I'm thinking a "modern young mage" game could be a good thing. And I think a d20 modern baseline would work for it. D&D tends to pile up apprenticeship into first level, but the way d20 modern works, you wander through a few levels of base classes before you get your real mage class. Further, as I have said in the past, I think the real strength of d20 modern is the ability to make characters of similar occupation very different. If you wrote the system write, you could make smart mages (Hermoine), charismatic mages, dedicated mages (Harry), heck, even mages with physical stats all equally viable, but make them distinct. You can provide magic skills, feats, and maybe even talents that represent their learing, and eventual graduation to an advanced class with real magic skills.

I could probably rig something up like this with EoM:ME and possibly Grim Tales. But it seems to me that such a product could definitely use dedicated support.

If you really wanted to go for the brass ring, you could go for the big time market and make an OGL book designed to pull in existing HP fans, truly making this a game designed to appeal to them in the way that D&D was designed to appeal to LotR and Leiber fans.

Heck, I think this is such a good idea, I'm almost afraid to post it. I'd almost rather work on it myself. But bombs away...

C. Baize

First Post
Psion... I had a somewhat similar idea a while back with North American schools of Witchcraft and Wizardry with several differently themed houses in each. Some as many as 8 houses for the bigger schools.

Jack of Shadows

First Post
I have to agree with a lot of things here:

D20 Future really needs a good solid interstellar setting. Dawning Star is good for what it is and Helios Rising sounds like it will add to it but it's just not VAST enough. I want something akin to Julie Czerneda's Trade-Pact universe. Lots of aliens, lots of space, lots of room for adventure.

A Twilight 2000 redux is an excellent idea especially as a lead in to DW2.

I'd also like to see a further expansion to Blood & Circuits that expands transhuman technologies and nanotechnology. I haven't seen a sci-fi system that really dealt with the prevalance of these technologies that's likely and reflected in today's fiction. (eg. Peter Hamilton's Night's Damn series, Richard Morgan's Takeshi Kovacs novels, and Neal Stephenson's Diamond Age)

Jack

Psion

Adventurer
Jack of Shadows said:
D20 Future really needs a good solid interstellar setting. Dawning Star is good for what it is and Helios Rising sounds like it will add to it but it's just not VAST enough. I want something akin to Julie Czerneda's Trade-Pact universe. Lots of aliens, lots of space, lots of room for adventure.

That's enticing too. I've been waiting for a "next Traveller" for a while now.

Turanil

First Post
Jack of Shadows said:
The more vast, the more vague. Dawning Star already exist as a star system. Lets create another star system (like Prometheus Rising fully fleshed out), and adding it to Dawning Star, you begin to have a wider picture.

Aus_Snow

First Post
Razuur said:
I honestly love your historical setting books. [...] I also love Legends of Sorcery [...]
Same here.

if I had my way, I would love to see you do more mythic real world settings: India, China, Arabia, Mesoamerica, Russia and/or Dark Age Eastern Europe(Wallachia), Viking, etc.
Seconded.

Vigilance

Explorer
Salcor said:
I have to jump on the adventure band wagon. Published adventures are the hardest thing to come by these days. Perhaps a generic blood and space adventure. I would also love to see you guys continue the Blood and Guts series. One my favorite sets of rules available online.

Salcor

I think I missed this one earlier- Chris and I just finished proofing Blood and Guts II: Wild Blue Yonder which brings new air vehicles to the game. This could be out as soon as July.

Chuck

Remove ads