S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold OOC - Recruiting

bedford

First Post
I want a character that focuses more on melee than spells so my idea is druid 5 warshaper 3, but one thing I am unsure about is if the druid and warshaper levels stack when calculating what forms are available. I think it should since it still won't be as powerful as a druid 8. ferocious slayer form with wildling clasped items, beastskin armor and a couple of feats that enhance claw and bite damage should work decent.

Vertexx69

First Post
From the peanut gallery @ Bedford - Personally I'm not fond of the shapeshift ability for druids because it automatically disqualifies you from all the nifty wild shape feats that the developers have added over the years. I know the unlimited shifting looks really appealing at first, but the trade-off isn't worth what you lose IMHO. Here's the 10th lvl druid I made that ruined a campaign with only 2/3 starting cash. Platinus who had the ability to deal over 300 dmg per round between himself and his companion.

On another note, no matter what class you choose, make sure they are beefy if they are going to be in melee with giants. Our last shapeshift druid was splattered outright in 1 round of melee because he didn't have the AC to be where he was.

bedford

First Post
Yes i know it is not as powerful as a regular wildshape druid, that's why I'm hoping that our DM will let druid and warshaper levels stack. yes ac will be a little low. probably around 24.

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
I can't house rule that in. It doesn't say they stack in the books, so I can't allow it. Sorry. :(

As far as melee with the giants - yes, HP are quite nice, as well as AC. But with a dwarf and Grommett, both of which can tank it up in front, that might be enough.

Last edited:

bedford

First Post
In that case I will make a regular wildshape druid level 8 and IF he survives to level up I will ad warshaper levels. What method of calculating hp in wildshape form should I use? Ad base con or con bonus of the wildshape? Would it be ok to use the jotunbrud feat even if it was written for forgotten realms?

bedford

First Post
It is a human only feat. The character has some giant blood in his veins and is unusualy large. gives +4 on grapple. That + improved grapple in bear form should work ok.

s@squ@tch

First Post
That's fine with me. I'm just trying to figure out where you are going with this. If you plan on grappling giants, that should be entertaining!

Remove ads