• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sarah Connor Chronicles Season Finale *spoilers*

Fast Learner

First Post
Man am I ever digging this series!

I didn't think the writers would have enough material to work with to make it interesting every week, but boy was I wrong.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
I am not sure about the series. What I noticed is that the future is the fault of Sarah Connor being to wimpy to off some guy in the woods. Andy builds a self thinking AI so Sarah blows up just the computer but lets Andy live. Andy then builds the second version before someone else has the good sense to off him. Apparently this Sarah Connor is more concerned with not killing people than saving the lives of millions of people. Maybe I need to see the first two movies again but Linda Hamilton never struck me as that soft. But then this is what happens when you translate a dark R rated movie series to broadcast TV. Sure they can show the terminator killing dozens of people, but heaven forbid that the main character ever act in a ruthless manner to save mankind. But wait Fox is ok with Jack Bauer running wild. Can we get a crossover and get Jack to show Sarah how to off people for the greater good. [/rant]

Loved the last episode. I want it to be continued/renewed. Every episode managed to be entertaining and have really interesting bits so far. Give me more...

drothgery

First Post
Brown Jenkin said:
Sure they can show the terminator killing dozens of people, but heaven forbid that the main character ever act in a ruthless manner to save mankind. But wait Fox is ok with Jack Bauer running wild. Can we get a crossover and get Jack to show Sarah how to off people for the greater good. [/rant]

Nah. Chloe undoubtedly built SkyNet, so he'd wimp out.

Fast Learner

First Post
Sarah's not killing people may or may not match the Linda Hamilton version of the character, but I think it's essential in forming John's deep concern for humanity.

Fast Learner said:
Sarah's not killing people may or may not match the Linda Hamilton version of the character, but I think it's essential in forming John's deep concern for humanity.
QFT.

And I am not so sure about Hamiltons version so much more violent. She certainly wasn't in the first movie (being just a waitress or something like that). In the second, she is going after the scientist that will create Skynet - but in the end, she doesn't go through with killing him - the circumstances of their attempt to destroy the Skynet technology lead to his death, and I am certain that is cooperation with her means she wouldn't have killed him any more.
I may really have to rewatch the movie to see how "aggressive" she is then. (An excuse to get the DVDs, I guess ;)

I like 24 and Jack Bauer, but I don't think his attitude is really "healthy". If you want to fight the good fight, people shouldn't easily confuse you with a bad guy. Otherwise, what makes the good side the good side?

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Didn't Sarah/Linda Hamilton not kill a Skynet designer guy in T2? She plans to, with a rifle, and actually does shot at him, but stops and then convinces him by having Arnold cut off his arm. And then ironically he dies anyone, blowing himself up, but still, it's not unprecedented.

Remove ads