[Savage Worlds] ¡Los Californios! (OOC)

Walking Dad

First Post
Thanks.

Here is a suggestion for rolled initiative from another forum. Maybe useful:

To use dice, just roll a d12. To keep Jokers rare, if you roll a 12, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6 that is a Joker. All of the edges should work with this.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Unfortunately that doesn't answer the question about suits.. but in all honestly unless you are using one of the subsystems that reguires them, (like Deadlands magic, chases, or malfunctions) suits rarely come into play. That, of course, makes rolling for init extremely beneficial for various members of the group.

Walking Dad

First Post
What about rolling a d12 and a d4, with the d4 determining the type?

1 = Heart
2 = ...

Still not a full hand. And are some benefits not dependent on rolling a face card or not?

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Right now both Walking Dad and Shayuri are down due to computer/internet problems. I'm not sure about everyone else

I'm also trying notnot to bump the story up too much after single player posts...

Btw. I'm assuming that. The characters are talking as they they are leaving the church and walking to (where ever?) so it would be easier for Ti'at to jump in. I'm pretty sure it would be easy to notice he's following the group so no roll is needed to notice him. :)

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I'm going to update by the end of the night and kick the game out of idle. I figure that I gave Ti'at plenty of time to walk up to the group as they were idly walking out of the church and through the plaza (especially after the retcon to have Don Forester give the nudge that the group might be interested in hiring). That was really only thing that was holding me back from pressing "play" and getting everyone onto the Californian trails.

Remove ads