[Savage Worlds] ¡Los Californios! (OOC)

Walking Dad

First Post
Was away the weekend to visit my father-in-law with my family. I returned and one relay station of my Internet provider is broken, leaving me with no access at home. I'm currently in the local library, but this slows down my posting considerably.

Thanee

First Post
I agree, that the one that is better-suited for somewhat rougher terrain is the better choice. Who knows where we will end up. :)

Bye
Thanee

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
OOC: My apologies, i was traveling last week and the stupid hotel where my conference was did not have adequate internet access. On the plus side I did go to Olvera Street and got some research in
You know... in the dozen or so times I visited Olvera Street, I never went into the old church. Although, I do admit, the one time I went there with my girlfriend she got creeped out. I'm not sure if you went into the building, but there's this one two story building which you go down to the old aqueduct pipe (it's located near the Avila adobe). While in that room, she was "pushed," however, at the time, she an I were the only people in that room and we were at opposite ends of it.

But anyways, thanks for reminding me.. La dia de los muertos is coming soon, and I've always wanted to check out the displays they put up at Olvera Street.

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
You know... in the dozen or so times I visited Olvera Street, I never went into the old church. Although, I do admit, the one time I went there with my girlfriend she got creeped out. I'm not sure if you went into the building, but there's this one two story building which you go down to the old aqueduct pipe (it's located near the Avila adobe). While in that room, she was "pushed," however, at the time, she an I were the only people in that room and we were at opposite ends of it.

But anyways, thanks for reminding me.. La dia de los muertos is coming soon, and I've always wanted to check out the displays they put up at Olvera Street.

Didn't go to the old church, but did go to the Avila adobe, a mansion by 1820 standards. They already had a Dio de los Muertos banner out, along with a million luchador masks.:lol: They had started to have merchandise out, lots of skull candles and trinkets, should be fun at the end of the month.

And of course while there we ate lunch at Phillipe's. Super yummy.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I still haven't eaten there. Every time I plan on going there, I usually forget about its existence then either eat at the place that Denny's that used to be located the 101 freeway or I'd realize that I wanted to go there right about the time I see the Seal Beach Navel Weapons base.

What also is annoying is that the only other time I'm near by is when I'm going to the Goth Club over at Roberto's (the venue that's in the 3 story building next across from Philipe's)

Via Tapatalk

Last edited:

Remove ads