• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Savage Worlds - Experiences?

Gundark

Explorer
Thanee said:
When looking through the Edges section, I can see myriads of good choices there, and you do not exactly have a lot of those initially. It also depends largely on what kind of character one wants to build. Also, I really fail to see how Two-Fisted is somehow the ultimate Edge; it basically gives you a +2 on one of two attacks in a round with the downside of having to use two one-handed weapons. :)

Bye
Thanee

I'm just speaking from my xp, we found that edge to be really good. It seemed better than others.

Munin

First Post
they are going to be under the Delusion that Stone is just some medium level bad guy

When I ran my group through their first Deadlands game, after character creation I placed them on a train heading towards Tombstone. I asked them what they wanted to do, and one of the players pointed to the guy on the DM screen (Stone) and said, 'I wanna fight that guy.'

I just smiled.

kroh

First Post
The thing about SW that really gets me is that it was obviously designed for a certain type of play. If you want to have to thumb through endless amounts of books looking for that certain rule, have to go over myriad stat blocks that could suppport a buick without tires, and have to worry about the rules lawyer in the corner, then go with d20. If you want something light and loose, Savage Worlds is a good choice. Not my favorite build for a game system but from what I have seen ( played in two sessions with Gospog and company from Enworld... Great fun) it is definately something I would continue to use on my own.

Regards,
Walt

Yttrai

First Post
My first impression of it wasn't so hot either, just because the mechanics of remembering what die to roll instead of the wild die was getting on my nerves. Don't ask me why, it's really quite simple once you get used to it! But the first one-shot i was in was fun, but didn't sell me on the system.

Then i started a regular game, and although i don't prefer it to D&D or D20 (which i don't like that much to begin with, although it's hardly a hat of no limit) i think it is a damn fine system. We (Gospog and fluffaderm rather) are using it to run Scarred Lands, and a Steampunk. I personally think it works better in the Scarred Lands setting, but the Steampunk stuff works quite nicely.

I'd say stick with it for a while and see if the light bulb doesn't suddenly turn on for you. My psionicist utterly rocks using SW rules. IMHO ;)

Thanee

First Post
I'm really looking forward to trying this game, and it appears like it will be a lot of fast and furious fun. :D

Bye
Thanee

Coplen

First Post
Thanee said:
I'm really looking forward to trying this game, and it appears like it will be a lot of fast and furious fun. :D

Bye
Thanee

It's not a bad game. The one thing I can say about the game is that the fan support is tremendous. :D

Remove ads