Savage Worlds Rifts [IC]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
30bo0ba.jpg

Ozarks
PA 109 (May 18)/Afternoon
Round 0

Alenysturathe, in her teenage human form, tossed back her red hair from her green eyes as she walked down the corridor toward the mess where Dawn wanted to meet over lunch. She stiffened a bit, though, as a human male turned the corner ahead of her. Both stopped and glared at each other. A low growl, much larger than any slim teenage girl should be able to produce, rumbled from Alenys’ chest. They both slowly approached each other. Alenys’ hands made fists and she bared her teeth. Her skin rippled slightly, showing off red scales.

The man made similar threatening displays, and his eyes flashed yellow with slit pupils as they approached. Each stuck to the wall opposite the other, staying as far from the other as possible while they passed.

Alenys never turned her back on the man as she continued down the corridor. They reached the ends and only when he was out of sight did Alenys relax, taking a few deep breaths.

“I could take him,” Alenys told herself, flipping back her hair again as she walked into the mess. She gave Dawn and Deezy a bright smile. Piling food up on a plate, more than a teenage girl should eat, mostly of the meat variety, Alenys sat down with them and started gnawing on a turkey leg, getting barbecue sauce around her mouth.

“Might a larger force not draw attention?” Alenys asked. “Are we doing recon on this goblin king, or is this a full out attack?” She licked sauce off her fingers and chugged down a soda. “Are we just going to leave Promise and the Cless to fend for themselves?” She gave a teenage pout.

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Tracking]
Conditions:

Bennies: 3/3

Recharge:
Hours Left for Human: 8/8 Reset: 6/6 hours
Flaming Scales: 8/8 rounds Reset 10/10m 3d6 fire MD
ISP Regen: 30/30m=1 ISP
[/sblock]

[sblock=Alenysturathe Mini-stats]
Alenysturathe Character Sheet

Parry: 7
Toughness (Dragon): 34 (+16 MDC)
Toughness (Human): 17 (+8 MDC)
Wounds: 0
Slow Regeneration: Make a natural healing roll once per day.

PPE: 10/10
ISP: 10/10
[/sblock]

GreenKarl

First Post
Marcus and Deezy had joined the pair in the cafeteria for lunch, Marcus mostly rambling on about various mechanical theories with Deezy. Too Dawn he says "Have you guys figured out where this Gargoyle King is through? You have to find that out first. And I doubt the Tomorrow League is going to want you all to rush off and die in some impossible fight against the 'forces of evil'. Maybe just try and infiltrate them first or something...

CharlotteOz

Explorer
"I suppose that if they're headin' out west, they'd want a more experienced guide, or a linewalker who'd be able to ride the lines out there." Dawn took a sip of juice. "An' diplomacy maybe ain't our forte', an' I do know the woods well enough, an' - dangit, Marcus, think you talked me into it."

She thought for a moment. "Aright. How about we see who else is gonna be joinin' the squad - I doubt three of us is gonna be enough if the smelly stuff hits the rotatin' fan blade. Then we figure out how quiet we can, or need to be."

GreenKarl

First Post
After lunch the three go speak too Koddin McYodinhimm about possible new recruits that might help the group. "Aye, I do have a few possible candidates. I will let you meet them first and see if they would be a good fit for your group. Now if you want to investigate this Gargoyle King, I think you might want to start in Merctown. It is to the northeast of here, on the Magic Zone side of the Mississippi River and its a good place to pick up rumors of that area. Obviously it is also a place where those seeking mercenaries are going to be..."

GM: So this is where @tglass and possibly @Shayuri can introduce their characters to the group. Go ahead an assume that you got a class from Koddin, one of the leaders of new recruits within the Tomorrow League, to meet him in his office. When you arrive introduce your character and describe them please

tglassy

Adventurer
James opened his eye as his internal alarm went off. He wished he could say it was simply a biological thing. A talent he'd learned during his years out in the wilds, hunting down rogues and getting whatever sleep he could. Back then, he'd been pretty good at waking up when he meant to.

Unfortunately, his internal alarm wasn't biological anymore. It was an actual alarm. He could see in his HUD, which appeared above and below his vision, that it was time to get up. Exactly when he was supposed to. And while he was always the type to force himself out of bed the moment he got up, now he didn't have to force himself. He was wide awake.

It wasn't natural. A man needed coffee before he could wake up, everyone knew that. He got up and made himself a cup anyway, not even hearing the subtle whirring and clicking as his cybernetic parts moved for him. He downed half his coffee in one go before Jo woke up.

Like clockwork, he thought, getting a bottle from the dispenser. He went to the Jo's room and found her standing in her crib, cryin' like the world was crashin' down on her.

"Hey there, little one," he said softly as he picked her up and handed her her bottle. "No need to get all in a fuss. Daddy's just gonna be gone for a few days. Yer gonna stay with yer Aunt Clara. Isn't that nice?"

Jo didn't really seem to like this idea, but it could just be because she needed a diaper change. Oh the joys of parenthood.

You were supposed to be here for this, Millie, he thought. You were the one looking forward to this.

He pushed that thought away shortly after it entered his mind. He needed to be composed today. Today, he went back to work.

He set Jo down in a play area while he showered and shaved. Make a good impression, that's what his pa always told him. Make a good impression and you don't have to work so hard to change it later. He dressed quickly, donning his Combat Mage armor, and the duster over it. Then he found his Stetson hat (cowboy hat) and put it on, looking at himself in the mirror. He looked like a lawman. Clean shaven (for once), armor peaking out from under his duster, revolvers on his hips. His Wingboard rested by the door. He'd grab that before they left.

"Come here, baby girl," he said as he picked up Jo. She dropped a toy and cried, so he had to bend over and pick it up as well. "Yer gettin' heavy. Just like yer Daddy."

He grabbed her things and headed over to Clara's. Clara was Millie's sister. She'd come to Fort Refuge before the fall of Tolkeen. Before James had even met Millie.

Oh, Millie, he thought, unable to keep it at bay.

Clara was nice enough, but she didn't much like James. She sure did love little Jo, though. And it was nice to have someone he could trust to watch the little one while he was gone. A man had to make a living, after all. The world needed to be a hell of a lot better if it was going to be worthy of letting Jo grow up in it.

James strode into the office, seeing the others seated before Koddin. He tipped his hat at them.

"Howdie," he said, then looked to Koddin. "James Cahill, reportin' fer duty."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
30bo0ba.jpg

Castle Refuge
Round 0

“Well, that makes some sense,” Alenysturathe admitted to Marcus. “I don’t know where this Proud Rock is, though the Cless might know. Can we infiltrate, though?” she asked. “I can hold human form for several hours, but after that...I don’t exactly blend in,” she pointed out to the others. “And Dawn is a cyberknight. That is pretty distinctive, right? And if the Gargoyle King is gathering monsters, would they take humans and dogboys?”

They finished up lunch and then went to meet with Koddin, their superior, who advised them if they wanted to track down this Gargoyle King they should check out Merctown in the Magic Zone. Then a new guy walked into the office, wearing combat mage armor and a duster and cowboy hat.

Alenys was on the couch, upside down, her feet up on the wall, her long red hair hanging to the floor as she tilted her head back to look at him with her green eyes. Her t-shirt rode up a little from her jeans, revealing her flat, toned stomach.

“Hi!” the teenage human greeted the man. “Hi, James. I’m Alenys!” she greeted. “Cool hat. Can I try it on?”

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Tracking]
Conditions:

Recharge:
[/sblock]

[/sblock]

tglassy

Adventurer
James blinked at the teenager, her wild red hair scattering on the floor. She wanted his hat?

His first instinct was to say no. A cowboy didn't just let anyone wear his hat. It was a part of him. But he supposed it wouldn't hurt anything.

He smiled down at her, and took his hat off. "Sure thing, Darlin. But only if you promise not to get it dirty."

CharlotteOz

Explorer
"Howdy, James."

Dawn smiled and nodded at the newcomer, taking care not to bare any sharp teeth. Even wearing thick wool and a headscarf to cover up the patchy spots in her fur, she was still distinctive - a Coalition dog boy, her accent putting her close to the Lone Star Complex. But her bearing was different - she stood up straighter, as if trying to compensate for a lifetime of bowing her head. "I'm Dawn Silvermane of the cyber-knights, and this here's Alenys, an' I'll let Alenys tell you 'bout herself. Welcome to the party."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
30bo0ba.jpg

Castle Refuge
Round 0

Alenysturathe grinned as James handed over the cowboy hat. She set it on her head at a jaunty angle, pulling the brim down low, like in the vids. She looked him over and said, “I bet I could take you.”

Dawn came in and Alenys waved to her. “Like my new hat?” she asked. When Dawn introduced them, Alenys said, “Oh, yeah. Before we go anywhere, we’ll have to go outside so I can show you something. Don’t want you getting spooked...pardner,” she said.

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Tracking]
Conditions:

Recharge:
[/sblock]

[/sblock]

Remove ads