Scales of War #1 Rescue at Rivenroar (Full)

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
This looks like fun, and I believe I have the time. I typically check the forums multiple times per day.

I'm interested in playing a Shaman or hybrid Shaman|(Artificer/Warlord/Cleric), but I have a few questions before putting an actual build together.

You mentioned a couple of house rules. Are any of these critical to character creation? And, if a house rule alters the expected mechanical behavior of a character, will you allow the character to be tweaked/rebuilt?

Also (and this is aimed at the other players as well as the DM), what level of optimization is desired here? Some of the character concepts I have in mind are only fun (for me) at a fairly high party optimization level, while others will work fine in a "beer and pretzels" style game but feel weak if everyone else is bringing tweaked out characters. I'm happy with a pretty wide range of power levels, but I think it's best for everyone if the variation within a single game table is relatively small (I typically get a read on this by looking at house rules, DM expectations, and other PC builds, but we don't know what the house rules are, and no one's posted a build yet ;) ).

t~

House rules are-

You can use multiple Action Points in an Encounter, although only one/turn.

&

You can 'stunt', by which I mean help a power along (more damage, increased to hit, or another desired effect) by using a Minor/Move/Standard action with a skill check to augment, I'll do examples later.

No House Rules for character creation.

Optimization? From my POV its about having fun, we're telling a story... anything goes. In my weekly game one PC is an optimised killing machine, another is a Priest without armour or weapons who does bags of healing and tries to talk the Demons down, the rest are inbetween.

I hope this is going to be a roleplaying game first and foremost, don't get me wrong combat aplenty (or enough), but lots of chatter.

Oh and if you wish, and the above meets your expectations then please feel free to deposit your PC in the Rogues Gallery.

Cheers Goonalan

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Hi

I can check posts every evening, and all the weekends, and was thinking of a scout. Quick count looks like I'm the 6th expression of interest. Will start on character.

Er... you're the fifth expression of interest.

One more needed.

See you in the Rogues Gallery.

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
So far we have-

Striker
Elven Bow Ranger- Thanee (Character done) token done & Location done
Scout?- Hairy

Defender
Dwarf Fighter- TSS (Character done) token done & Location done
Human? Swordmage- Goken

Leader
Deva Shaman/Warlord- Tiornys (Character done) Location done, Need token.

Controller
Eladrin Psion- Raven (Character done) Location done, Need token.

If that's any help to you...

Last edited:

Remove ads