• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scales of War Part 03 - The Shadow Rift of Umbraforge Battle Maps

nickverto

Explorer
I will be posting to this thread finished battle maps to The Shadow Rift of Umbraforge as I get them done. If you find an issue with either the pictures or PDF's of the battle maps please let me know either in this thread or a private message. I also like any feedback (good or bad) about the maps and feel free to post suggestions on how to make my maps better.

Links to previous Scales of War battle maps
Scales of War Part 01 - Rescue at Rivenroar
Scales of War Part 02 - Siege of Bordrin's Watch

The Shadow Rift of Umbraforge Battle Maps

View attachment Scales of War Part 03 - Shadow Rift of Umbraforge - Map 01.pdf
View attachment 38506
ScalesofWarPart3-ShadowRiftofUmb-2.jpg

Map02 after it is put together
ShadowRiftofUmbraforge-Map02-2.jpg

View attachment Scales of War Part 03 - Shadow Rift of Umbraforge - Map 02a.pdf
ScalesofWarPart3-ShadowRiftofUmb-1.jpg

View attachment Scales of War Part 03 - Shadow Rift of Umbraforge - Map 02b.pdf
ScalesofWarPart3-ShadowRiftofUmbraf.jpg

View attachment Scales of War Part 03 - Shadow Rift of Umbraforge - Map 02c.pdf
ScalesofWarPart3-ShadowRiftofUmb-4.jpg

View attachment Scales of War Part 03 - Shadow Rift of Umbraforge - Map 02d.pdf
ScalesofWarPart3-ShadowRiftofUmb-3.jpg

View attachment Scales of War Part 03 - Shadow Rift of Umbraforge - Map 02e.pdf
ScalesofWarPart3-ShadowRiftofUmb-5.jpg

View attachment Scales of War Part 03 - Shadow Rift of Umbraforge - Map 03.pdf
View attachment Scales of War Part 03 - Shadow Rift of Umbraforge - Map 03 Variation A.pdf
ScalesofWarPart3-ShadowRiftofUmb-6.jpg

Scales of War Part 03 - Shadow Rift of Umbraforge - Map 04a.pdf
Scales of War Part 3 - Shadow Rift of Umbraforge - Map 04a.JPG

Scales of War Part 03 - Shadow Rift of Umbraforge - Map 04b.pdf

4fb8c955f24293bd6dfa058630a8fb7b6g.jpg

View attachment Scales of War Part 03 - Shadow Rift of Umbraforge - Map 04c.pdf
fc922c94f9c40f70ba9a8e3c2ba8503c6g.jpg

View attachment Scales of War Part 03 - Shadow Rift of Umbraforge - Map 04d.pdf
30eba55cd470b0042ce66b65444f1baa6g.jpg
http://www1.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/30eba55cd470b0042ce66b65444f1baa6g.jpg

I will add more as I get them done and update the post. I hope you like them.

Nick

Last edited:

BartD

First Post
These maps look great, just like the previous ones :)

I'm not (yet) running this but the maps look like they will be extremely useful. I wouldn't be able to produce anything like this. So - Thanks!

(oh, and keep up the good work, please :)

excellent maps that you've done,we might not say it,but we all appreciate all the effort it took in putting them all together.personally i like a light grid overlay for miniatures combat,but i guess you can't please everybody.unless you release multiple versions of the same map lol. keep up the great work

nickverto

Explorer
I will try and add a light grid for you in the future maps. To make sure when you say light you mean thin line grid? The issue I had in the past with using thin black lines is it made them hard to see when preinted out but I will add them for you.

PS - I will be taking a break from making the maps for about a week. I think I am developing an issue in my arm from working every night for 5 hours on these things.

Nick

the same kind of grid that you have on Umbraforge map 2D works perfectly,you can tell that it's there but doesn't get in the way at all.take a break after,you've certainly earned it

elswyyr

First Post
Will these map still be updated? I'm going to use them when my group is doing SOW, and they'll make everything a lot easier.

nickverto

Explorer
Yes, I will still be updating the maps. I took a week off because my hand and arm were hurting and having issues and I found out 2 days ago I have Carpel Tunnel Syndrom. I bought a hand brace today so hopefully it will help a lot and allow me to continue making the maps. I was spending 9 hours at work using the mouse and keyboard and another 5 hours at home working on maps many nights. I won't be able to spend as much time on the computer as I would like but I will start working on the new maps in the next day or two.

Remove ads