• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scales of War Part 03 - The Shadow Rift of Umbraforge Battle Maps

PDS

First Post
Hey Nick...just letting you know, for Bordrin map 6 I think. The one with the dark creeper in the vents, the link is broken. My whole group loves the tiles by the way they want me to tell you thanks!

nickverto

Explorer
I will fix the link tonight. I am paying a file hosting site to host that file since it is too big to host here and someone from Argentina thought it would be funny to download the map over 3,000 times and use 45 GB of my download bandwidth for the month so I pulled the file. Check again later tonight for a fixed link. Thanks for the encouragement btw it's really appreciated.

I plan to start again on the maps tonight. Stay tuned....

nickverto

Explorer
I use software from Profantasy called Campaign Cartographer 3 with the add-on Dungeon Designer 3 and some of the extra symbol sets you can buy from them.

Check out www.profantasy.com. I will say that the software all combined is not cheap and the there is a large learning curve on getting good at using the software but once you start learning how to master it making nice looking maps is pretty easy for the most part. You need to be ready to sink a lot of time learning it though and not one to give up easily.

dammitbiscuit

First Post
Yes, I will still be updating the maps. I took a week off because my hand and arm were hurting and having issues and I found out 2 days ago I have Carpel Tunnel Syndrom. I bought a hand brace today so hopefully it will help a lot and allow me to continue making the maps. I was spending 9 hours at work using the mouse and keyboard and another 5 hours at home working on maps many nights. I won't be able to spend as much time on the computer as I would like but I will start working on the new maps in the next day or two.
I hear that, man. I don't know which problem it is, but I work 40hrs/week at an internet billing company and then I try to game, too, when I get home. My fingers usually feel varying degrees of sore and unwilling to bend. I can't wait for the someday wave of serious games that neither require pencils and paper, nor require consoles and keyboards. Voice or body-movement stuff... someday, right? Soon? Here's hoping...

Be careful with yourself, and don't be afraid to skimp on some details or unnecessary/unusable terrain in order to push out your product with less strain.

nickverto

Explorer
Discovered that after changing PDF writers that all of these map PDF's are in A4 format instead of standard US Letter. I am re-rendering them now and will replace the A4 versions soon as I can. Sorry about that.

Update: Fixed all download PDF's to be standard US Letter.

Last edited:

Remove ads