• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SciFi Channel: Season 10 is SG-1's last, Atlantis renewed

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Eh it's a better guess than mine Mist. At the moment I'm waiting to see more definitive details for The Witchblade (the movie in 2007) and Dragons of Autumn Twilight (Dragonlance) the movie.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Mistwell said:
Actually I think Stargate 2 will become Stargate SG-1, the movie. But that is just a guess.
Wait. If Stargate 2 will be Stargate SG-1, what will the other Stargate film be called?

Me confuzzled more. :confused:

Harmon

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Then why waste their time and talent here? Procrastinating much?

:] :] :]

Everyone needs practice.

SciFi doesn't have what is here- intelligent, good reasonable writers with a great deal of imagination- "Boa vs Python" or whatever the hell it was should prove that. I guess what I am trying to say is that if all the reasonable and good writers from here got together and went to SciFi with the greatest idea, the people at SciFi would be confused and go with "Boa vs Python 2- Poison Reign" (lets see if anyone catches that ;) )

And, um- Ranger, not sure what you mean with the "Procrastinating much?" part of your message- I suppose its due to my slowness to get back to this response? Or, something- I am missing something, sorry; could you explain?

Thanks and hope everyone has a great weekend :D

Tuzenbach

First Post
So, with the death of SG-1, maybe they'll try to resurrect Farscape for a season or two? Or does it lack the necessary Constitution score for a successful system/shock survival roll?

Ranger REG

Explorer
Harmon said:
And, um- Ranger, not sure what you mean with the "Procrastinating much?" part of your message- I suppose its due to my slowness to get back to this response? Or, something- I am missing something, sorry; could you explain?
All I'm saying is if you can do better than the folks already in Hollywood, then what's holding you back? Just go there and do it.

Darthjaye

First Post
Honestly, RDA was the heart of the show. Take out the heart and look what you got. The shows has felt like it's been meandering ever since he left. I've been with the show since episode 1 way back when it was on Showtime. Back then, Showtime just bungled the job and gave up and Sci-Fi should thank them for that. Nowadays though, they need to try something different. Bringing in the "Farscape" reunion crowd was definately not it. Farscape failed for a reason, and you can't blame it all on the execs at Sci-Fi. The show got stale and never appealed to a large enough crowd. I watched FS when it first aired and while I enjoyed it, it was never anywhere near the top of my list. That being said, the addition of Browder and Black (along with Bridges) has felt forced upon SG-1 and still feels that way. I can easily pick a top 50 episode list and none of the last two years worth of eps would come close to making it.
Sadly, Atlantis felt like the ugly red-headed step child when it first aired but has since started to look better. It will never be what SG-1 was with RDA, but it's good enough to continue on. Rumor has it there's a third series idea floating around that they hinted in the past would not see the light of day until SG-1 finished it's run. It will be interesting to see if and what they do indeed do from hre on out with the franchise.

Remove ads