• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scrooge + Grinch = me

The Traveler

First Post
KenM said:
IMO they have slighted me in the past and offered no apoligies, even thou they know I felt slighted. If you feel nothing whatsoever towards someone, why spend time with them?
Your problem, as has been stated in many previous threads, is that your standards are unrealistic to the point that everyone lets you down eventually, and you are unwilling to compromise said standards to the point that you achieve forgiveness.

Forgive me if this sounds rude, but I would say your prospects in social interaction will be rather bleak until you overcome your tragic case of rectal-cranial inversion.

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Ken, you are correct. You shouldn't bother spending time with people you don't wish to.

I support your right to spend the holidays as you so choose. I know I will. :)

Greylock

First Post
As someone else posted, I am not a Christian, but at some point I always break and join in teh fun.

My father came by today to tell me that the package of presents I sent my niece made her day. Turns out the little girl (8) just HAD to have an early prezzie, and my sis gave her mine. I'd sent a porcupine puppet. Didn't think it was the greatest present, so I tossed some other things in the box. One of those was a $1 leather Cherokee mojo bag I picked up at a museum. Turns out it made her day. Sis says that my niece ran about all day with the puppet, but was rabidly smitten with the little $1 pouch, and the pouch was declared her "best present EVER!"

I am giddy with the cute imagery it conjures up.

So, in closing, I always strive to Grinchdom. And I always succeed, because if you remember, Grinch's heart always melts in the end.

hth

Rel

Liquid Awesome
spatha said:
Stop trying to perpetuate the lie.
It is wrong.
Didn't your parents ever teach you wright from wrong and not to lie.

Man I wish people would start to be more truthfull to each other and their children.

Spatha, I think you picked the wrong message board to contend that a harmless game of pretend is in actuallity a horrible, harmful lie.

WE PLAY D&D!

Ralts Bloodthorne

First Post
To the OP:

I understand what you mean. 7/8ths of my family I can't stand, and would happily stab to death at least 2 people who show up regularly to sponge gifts off of my mother now that Our Father is dead.

Do what's right to keep the spirit of Christmas alive for your family.

But honestly, Grandpa might need you now. Now is the time to open your heart, and out of all of those people you listed, besides your brother needing to be introduced to Mr. Blunt Object and Ms. Pointy Thing, you Grandpa is in the most need.

Having said that, I think it's time to address something...

WARNING!
I POSTED THIS AFTER DRINKING RUM AND LOOKING AT AN OLD PHOTO ALBUM AND REMEMBERING WHAT I'VE GAINED AND LOST OVER THE YEARS
WARNING!

Someone has to say this, and you know what, his aspreger's is not excuse. I'm a diagnosed mental screwball too, so too bad. Give me some slack, because it's time to give a gift...
KenM said:
I am going up there xmas eve to spend time with them, but I know i'm going to hate it. Its xmas day that I am spending alone. I have spent every xmas eve with them since I can remember, IMO they have slighted me in the past and offered no apoligies, even thou they know I felt slighted. If you feel nothing whatsoever towards someone, why spend time with them?
Ken.

You are the biggest damn whiner I've ever heard. Oh, they slighted you. Oh, they hurt your precious feelings. Oh wah, nobody does exactly what they want and the world isn't your perfect playground.

GROW THE HELL UP!

I've spent Christmases being SHOT AT. I've spent Christmases pulling people out of a burning car wreck. I've spent Christmas in the hospital.

You, sir, are a goddamn crybaby.

I'm sick of it, personally. All you do is snivel about how life isn't fair to you, how everyone wrongs you, but reading your posts, you come off as a spoiled brat who screams that everyone else is at fault because you pissed your pants.

Try having some damn compassion for your fellow man. Try forgiveness. Try acceptance.

Try having some of the spirit of this holiday.

(And you holier than thou wiccans, too, you jerks. I don't know whose worse, the whiners or those of you who threadcrap because you feel it's bashing your religion and are feeling repressed because they were out of Goddess Holly at Hot Topic. Get a damn life)

Try forgiving your parents and family for what went on before. Try starting fresh.

Quit snivelling and making it all about how your life is so damn hard.

I just spent 4 hours at a homeless shelter ladled soup. Earlier today I gave a guy walking down the road a ride, 20 miles out of my way. I picked him up in front of my house, and gave him a ride home because his car was broken down.

You have internet access, food, and parents who put up with your selfish, whiney, holier than thou ass.

You're goddamn lucky.

On Christmas Day, dozens of children will lose one or more parent.

Come cry to me when your life takes a real bad turn that you don't do yourself.

You refuse to follow advice. You refuse professional advice. You refuse to try to accept responsibility for your own actions and faults.

Come back when you're older than 5, ya damn sniveller.

To the rest of the posters:

Merry Christmas, God Bless you, may the Saints smile on you, and may the Old Gods look favorably on your threads of fate.

I'm going to drink more rum.

Peace;

Tim

KenM

Banned
Banned
Warlord Ralts said:
To the OP:

I understand what you mean. 7/8ths of my family I can't stand, and would happily stab to death at least 2 people who show up regularly to sponge gifts off of my mother now that Our Father is dead.

But honestly, Grandpa might need you now. Now is the time to open your heart, and out of all of those people you listed, besides your brother needing to be introduced to Mr. Blunt Object and Ms. Pointy Thing, you Grandpa is in the most need.

WARNING!
I POSTED THIS AFTER DRINKING RUM AND LOOKING AT AN OLD PHOTO ALBUM AND REMEMBERING WHAT I'VE GAINED AND LOST OVER THE YEARS
WARNING!

Someone has to say this, and you know what, his aspreger's is not excuse. I'm a diagnosed mental screwball too, so too bad. Give me some slack, because it's time to give a gift...

Ken.

You are the biggest damn whiner I've ever heard. Oh, they slighted you. Oh, they hurt your precious feelings. Oh wah, nobody does exactly what they want and the world isn't your perfect playground.

GROW THE HELL UP!

I've spent Christmases being SHOT AT. I've spent Christmases pulling people out of a burning car wreck. I've spent Christmas in the hospital.

I'm sick of it, personally. All you do is snivel about how life isn't fair to you, how everyone wrongs you, but reading your posts, you come off as a spoiled brat who screams that everyone else is at fault because you pissed your pants.

Try having some damn compassion for your fellow man. Try forgiveness. Try acceptance.

(And you holier than thou wiccans, too, you jerks. I don't know whose worse, the whiners or those of you who threadcrap because you feel it's bashing your religion and are feeling repressed because they were out of Goddess Holly at Hot Topic. Get a damn life)

Try forgiving your parents and family for what went on before. Try starting fresh.

I just spent 4 hours at a homeless shelter ladled soup. Earlier today I gave a guy walking down the road a ride, 20 miles out of my way. I picked him up in front of my house, and gave him a ride home because his car was broken down.

You have internet access, food, and parents who put up with your selfish, whiney, holier than thou ass.

You're goddamn lucky.

You refuse to follow advice. You refuse professional advice. You refuse to try to accept responsibility for your own actions and faults.

Merry Christmas, God Bless you, may the Saints smile on you, and may the Old Gods look favorably on your threads of fate.

Peace;

Tim

All I am saying is people should not have to do something they hate on Xmas. When in this thread have I brought up my "condition" or how life is not fair to me? Before I drive to my grandmas, I am going to see some people I care about. I do feel good buying gifts for them, I was happy to do it. I don't feel right buying gifts for people that I only see or talk to one night out of the year. I know I'm lucky for what I have, but if you feel very uncomfortable doing something, why do it?

Santa

First Post
Warlord Ralts said:
To the OP:

WARNING!
WARNING!

Ken.

GROW THE HELL UP!

You're goddamn lucky.

Peace;

Tim
quoted for truth

The Traveler

First Post
KenM said:
if you feel very uncomfortable doing something, why do it?
Because even though you only see them once a year, they won't always be available for even that.

There are more important things than your personal comfort.

Santa

First Post
KenM said:
All I am saying is people should not have to do something they hate on Xmas. When in this thread have I brought up my "condition" or how life is not fair to me? Before I drive to my grandmas, I am going to see some people I care about. I do feel good buying gifts for them, I was happy to do it. I don't feel right buying gifts for people that I only see or talk to one night out of the year. I know I'm lucky for what I have, but if you feel very uncomfortable doing something, why do it?

No, that isn't what you were saying. what you said was this:

KenM said:
I'l glad someone else is not conforming to the masses, like sheep to celebrate xmas. I hate this hoilday. Always have, always will. I never do anything, no point.

Remove ads