• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Searching for the Best Music

JackSmithIV

First Post
I'll mention my favorites...

I use and have used the following with regularity and success. I usually use certain sountracks for certain things in my Forgotten Realms campaign, as noted below. When I mention "consistancy" below, I mean when a track sticks to one mood, instead of switching it up and ruining the moment. These are also all from movies or TV.

Chronicles of Narnia- The best so far, incredible soundtracks. The main theme is used for my Cormyrian heroes, and there a few good battle tracks in there too. Lots of character and consistancy.

The Fountain-
I use it in a particular creepy mountain hall, and only really the first and last tracks.

The Kingdom of Heaven
- I only use a couple of tracks, and some are good for arabian themes, which I use in Calimshan. The rest aren't consistant. "Battle of Karak" is the most epic fight music we have.

Master and Commander- Only because there are two or three tracks here that are good for an Inn or Tavern.

Battlestar Galactica, Season 2- "Prelude to War" is always the favorite fight theme. The rest is pretty consistant. Lots of variety here.

Transformers- From the recent movie, this soundtrack is epic. I use it as my soundtrack for Returned Abeir, because of how stark and heavy it can be. It's my new favorite.

Meet Joe Black- Always seems to be perfect for those first few levels, if that makes sense. Lots of variety, and consistancy, but you have to skip past the tracks that are meant to be modern. A classic in my campaigns.

Synechdoche, New York- I'm currently using this soundtrack for a trip into the High Forest, and subsequently the High Forest. Some of the tracks are either too odd, or too short and crisp, but there are about 5-7 golden tracks.

Hope that helps!

TwinBahamut

First Post
As always, I will recommend the music from various Japanese videogame RPGs, particularly for battle themes. The music from Final Fantasy Tactics always seems to be a good recommendation.

Remove ads