Shackled City - Life's Bazaar [FULL]

Watermark12

First Post
Two-Gun Kid:

I have a couple of issues with Toskar's character sheet. First, it seems that his ability scores do not reflect a racial adjustment. Remember, spend the 28 points first, and then apply racial adjustments. Taking out the racial adjustments for his current stats, it's only a 26 point buy.

Second, it is unclear to me how all of his skill scores were derived. Could you break down for me exactly how you assigned his 12 skill points (don't include ability or racial bonuses)

Thanks!

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
Watermark12 -

I was curious if you could provide me with some advice regarding my character submission of Adamant Bohaven. If my availability is an issue, I understand, but I noticed that you did not even mention me in your original posting listing the character ideas. Was there an issue regarding the character's background, or construction? I would appreciate any advice for future character submissions.

Thanks!

Watermark12

First Post
jeremy_dnd said:
Watermark12 -

I was curious if you could provide me with some advice regarding my character submission of Adamant Bohaven. If my availability is an issue, I understand, but I noticed that you did not even mention me in your original posting listing the character ideas. Was there an issue regarding the character's background, or construction? I would appreciate any advice for future character submissions.

Thanks!

I apologize, I should have mentioned you!

Your character is fine, I saw no issues there. It really was just the availability that I saw as a potential problem. Again, I'm sorry that I didn't make mention of you earlier.

Keep trying, I'm sure you'll find a game that is a good fit for you.

Last edited:

Two-Gun Kid

First Post
Watermark12 said:
Two-Gun Kid:

I have a couple of issues with Toskar's character sheet. First, it seems that his ability scores do not reflect a racial adjustment. Remember, spend the 28 points first, and then apply racial adjustments. Taking out the racial adjustments for his current stats, it's only a 26 point buy.

Second, it is unclear to me how all of his skill scores were derived. Could you break down for me exactly how you assigned his 12 skill points (don't include ability or racial bonuses)

Thanks!

Sorry for the confusion on his sheet...

Skills:

Craft (Weaponsmithing): 2
Craft (Brewing): 2
Profession (Bouncer): 2
Intimidate: 4
Sense Motive (cc): 1
Listen: -4 (Due to the partial deafness I am going to play into his character.)

That should be a total of 12 skill points (2+1) x 4 at first.

For his point breakdown, I went as followed...

Str: 16 (10)
Con: 14 (6)
Dex: 10 (2)
Int: 12 (4)
Wis: 10 (2)
Chr:10 (2)

...which would have made me two points light..*L* So, here is the new scores to reflect those additional 2 pts.

Str: 16 (10)
Con: 14 (6) (with bonus 16)
Dex: 10 (2)
Int: 12 (4)
Wis: 10 (2)
Chr:12 (4) (with penalty 10)

Will update my sheet accordingly on the stats. Thanks for the catch, but I could have played the 26 pt buy no prob..:)

Last edited:

Mimic

First Post
Just a quick question to Tarlonniel (or anyone else who has the info), since I don't have the exhalted books what does the vow of poverty feat do? What are the benifits? The drawbacks?

I was going to go with a wandering loner going around helping people type concept (think Kung-fu, the old tv series with David Carradine - I am dating myself aren't I)

And if it fit I was going to take it instead of the dodge feat (with Watermark12's ok of course)

Last edited:

Tarlonniel

First Post
Mimic said:
...what does the vow of poverty feat do? What are the benifits? The drawbacks?

Per the BoED -
Prerequisite: Sacred Vow
Requirements: To fulfill your vow, you must not own or use any material possessions, with the following exceptions: You may carry and use ordinary (neither magic nor masterwork) simple weapons, usually just a quarterstaff that serves as a walking stick. You may wear simple clothes (usually just a homespun robe, possibly including a hat and sandals) with no magical properties. You carry enough food to sustain you for one day in a simple (non-magic) sack or bag. You may carry and use a spell component pouch. You may not use a magical item of any sort, though you can benefit on magical items used on your behalf- you can drink a potion of cure serious wounds that a friend gives you, recieve a spell cast on you from a wand, a staff, a scroll or ride on your friend's companion's ebony fly. You may not however, "borrow" a cloak of resistance, or any other magical item from a companion for even a single round, nor may you cast a spell from a wand, staff or scroll. If you break your vow, you immediately and irrevocably lose the benefit of this feat. You may not take another feat to replace it.
Benefits: AC and stat bonuses, "free" extra exalted feats, and a host of handy abilities that make up for not being able to buy rings of sustenance, magic weapons, etc. I like it because it makes my life (and my character's life) so much simpler :)

Mimic

First Post
Yikes, thats one hefty drawback, although it would fit the character I think I am going to pass. I don't think we need two people in the party that refuse to use magic items.

Last edited:

Remove ads