Shackled City - OOC I

hippocrachus

First Post
Goodman Dhes has just pointed out to me that a Mystic Theurge is a Cleric/Sorcerer, so hopefully multi-classing into cleric won't be necessary.
Thereby leaving me room to take some levels of rogue! :]

Verbatim

Explorer
Dhes and H...just got done checking out the char sheets, and your backstories look great. Now I know I am going to have to make sure that I can meet the bar that you two have raised for me.

All we have to do now is wait to see what Kirinke sends to see how this merry band will form.

Manz...If having a vote to take on one more, if that one is getting you in, then you have my vote. Even if you would have a bit of an advantage over us...:)

Verbatim

Explorer
Shcweet deal on Dhes going Mystic Theurge for the added divine bump. If I take any side levels, it will be just as a Fighter until I can qualify for my PrC. I'll be trying to take him the path of the Occult Slayer down the road, and I think that the way I want to play him will support that decision when the time comes.

Majin

First Post
You guys are wearing me down here, heh. ;) Manz, I had no idea you'd be so interested in joining the game. When I asked you about the Ravenloft game before you had said you were in so many games that you would have to decline, so I didn't think you'd want in on this one either. I think we can manage 6, since the party is lacking in a few key classes at the moment, and will be spread pretty thin as things go on. Because I have to say that since I'm letting Manzanita in, I promised Jarval a spot privately as well (as an alt that is - originally), so I'll get on it contacting him about this too. Unfortunately for the rest of our remaining troupe or other newcomers I have to seal the game here. I really don't think it would be a good idea to take on more than 6 max. So Manz, if you want it, write up a character and come on in. ;)

For Manz & Jarval on character creation - It will be exactly the same as our other game, but limited to PHB Races only. :)

Last edited:

Verbatim

Explorer
Schweet deal guys...now all we have to do is keep playing classes the exact opposite of what we have in the Lamentation game, and it'll be all good...:)

Good call Majin, you know deep down you wanted us all in...

kirinke

First Post
Whoot, got Alinis up in the character thread. &)&. And no, she's not you're typical spoiled elf princess. (I'm going to try that concept again with a different spin hopefully :p)

Next game or if Teleri gets herself killed, I'm going with an Aasimar Ranger/bard. :cool:

Majin

First Post
Well in most circumstances it was tempting. No offense to the remaining two, but I just really don't wanna take on another full party of 8. :heh:

You guys are actually the first & only group of people I've DM'ed for on the boards and I can't say I could hope to find a better group. I've participated as a player in other's games before and they failed miserably in short time. Thats why I took an oath not to do that to you guys. Short of death or complete computer meltdown, you guys can always count on me to keep the games running. :cool:

kirinke

First Post
Well. We can always cast 'locate dm' on you if you happen to ditch us. ;)
But in any case, where's the IC thready?
(Demanding and crazy aren't I?)

Manzanita

First Post
Thank you, Majin. (& Verbatin!) I'd love in. Recently, I'd decided to join no more games except in 'persistant worlds' (such as Living ENWorld) because I was tired of my games dying & none of my PCs advancing above 2nd level. I'm gleefully making an exception for this one b/c Majin is a proven performer as DM & b/c I have a particular interest in this campaign (as opposed to Ravenloft, about which I know next to nothing).

As for PCs, you mean I can't play a Saurial!?!? I'm out of here! (just kidding :p ) Let me review the RG, but I'll probably play a half orc rogue or a human barbarian. Is this set in FR?

Also, I'm not familiar w/a Hexblade. What are they like?

Last edited:

Remove ads