Shackled City - OOC I

Majin

First Post
Thanks for the kind words, it's nice to know I'm having some kind of impact on the community. ;) The campaign is set in plain vanilla D&D, Greyhawk if you will.

Hexblades are one of the three new base classes in the Complete Warrior. In their basest form they're fighters that have partial ability with arcane magic. I'll leave Verbatim to explain more to it tho, from whats in his background and he may have a certain "vision" of how he wants his idea of a Hexblade to be perceieved so he can add anything on as he likes. Welcome aboard! :)

Dhes

Explorer
Ohh ya nice, just put more people in here stealing my gold and XP…. ;)

No really its always nice to have more people to give the group just that extra edge..
Especially people we know and love….

When making a new character, plz don’t be any thing arcane.. With me as a Mystic Theurge, Verbatim as a Hexblade and Krinke going Arcane Archer. I think we will be stretching the fabric of reality a bit fare between us. :D

V. Ill throw another 14 pound on my self, but I wont go any higher.. :D Hell… make his hair a bit longer give him a goatee and I’m playing as my self (down to the letter, including the addictions)

Verbatim

Explorer
Hexblades are like fighter sorcerers, but like Paladins and Rangers, they only have a limited number of spells they can learn and cast, much like Sorcerers. Their main strength, IMO, is their ability to "curse" their opponents making them less effective in combat, and in life in general while the curse is in effect.

They also become highly skilled in resisting, and later repelling, magics sent their way, and for the PrC class I want to take, Zeric will slowly but surely become a caster's bad dream...:)

Dhes...wow, I can't imagine being that tall and that thin. I am 6'1 myself and most people think I look small for my height and frame at being 190...*L*

Also, since everyone seems to be taking the goatee as their required facial accessory, I think Zeric will be getting a shave soon...:)

Thanks for the background info Majin, and my post will be coming up shortly...

Verbatim

Explorer
Wow...the elfs in this world come from some prime stock...*L*

At 6', Kirinke's char is like the Xena of the elvish ladies...:)

I can only imagine the cat calls and whistles that must come her way...

*promise all the teasing is in good humor, as my buddy is in town and looking over the char sheets and starting quoting Duece Bigalow when he saw how tall she was. The line was "Damn that's a big "elf" *

Manzanita

First Post
OK. I posted my PC. It looks like the party needed a rogue, and I'd had Raven mostly drawn up for another campaign that never really got off the ground. I realize now, as I look at her background, that she's really very appropriate (or inappropriate), being an orphan from Cauldron w/conections to the theives guild. I hope this is OK. I'm sure Majin will make the most of it in any case.

I'll put in an IC post soon, though I think I'll wait until I get a little feedback on her.

I'm very psyched about this adventure. It looks like a great group and I know it's a 'page-turner' of a module.

hippocrachus

First Post
With Manzanita playing rogue, I won't have to multi-class into it to get those much needed "Disable Device" and "Open Lock" skills. Hopefully Jarval decides to play a cleric...

Majin

First Post
Sounds fine with me Manz. If you could e-mail me about how far you got in the last time you played this and some of the specific events that took place, it should help me get an idea of whether your last DM played it directly from the book or improvised anything new into it. (timoan at comcast.net)

I'm still waiting for a reply from Jarval, which should be arriving sometime this afternoon I'd guess. We shall see what he would like to play. ;)

Manzanita

First Post
I'll email you, Majin. Meanwhile, I'll need to modify my PC slightly, as I realize she doesn't have the prereq for her chosen feat. I'll clean her up some more & post in the IC.

Remove ads