• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shackled City - OOC I

Jarval

Explorer
Hi everyone, I'm here :) Majin, sorry I haven't replied to your e-mail yet. My account is still playing up a bit, but I'll try replying to you again some time this evening.

We're going with 35 point buy for stats, but what books are available class/feat wise? Core only? Complete Divine? Unearthed Arcana? Book of Exalted Deeds?

Majin

First Post
PHB Races only, for classes & PrC's any other regular supplement will work, if it's Unearthed Arcana though, you should make sure that the way it works won't introduce any new "alternate rules" to the base 3.5 system. :)

Majin

First Post
What on earth is a Shugenja? :heh: Sounds roughly Japanese in nature. If you could cite a source that'd be great, and if I don't have the book I'll try to "procure" one asap, and in the meantime you could just send the relevant details to me in an e-mail. :) *grumbles* I've really gotta get my D&D book collection caught up. ;)

Manzanita

First Post
'Shugenja.' I have no idea what that is either. I'll tell you, these experienced players are always looking for a new twist. I'm starting to sqeeze blood from turnips for more PC concepts based on the core rules. (I only own the 3.0 PhB & DMG, and Raven III here is my 28th PC I've created since 3.0 came out.) I do have a few more ideas, though.

I should mention that I'm going on a rustic vacation later this week for about 10 days. I think I may not make a post to the IC thread before then, so as not to leave Raven high and dry. I'll include this thought in my latest email to Majin.

Jarval

Explorer
Majin said:
What on earth is a Shugenja? :heh: Sounds roughly Japanese in nature. If you could cite a source that'd be great, and if I don't have the book I'll try to "procure" one asap, and in the meantime you could just send the relevant details to me in an e-mail. :) *grumbles* I've really gotta get my D&D book collection caught up. ;)
A Shugenja is a spontaneous divine spell caster with a focus on a particular element. They're in the Oriental Adventures book and (revised for 3.5) in the Complete Divine.

The basic outline is d6 HD, 4+Int skill points per level, proficiency with all simple weapons and the short sword (which also covers the wakizashi), no armour proficiency, and a spells per day progression that's almost identical to the sorcerer. They know slightly more spells than a sorcerer of the same level, but their choice of spells is more limited and they have to pick spells from their primary element before any others. They also have the ability to sense the presence of elements in their vicinity a few times per day.

Sorry if I'm being overly exotic with my character :) I can achieve a similar effect by using one of the spontaneous divine spellcaster variants from Unearthed Arcana if that helps.

Majin

First Post
Not a problem. If thats what you'd like to play go ahead and use it. Complete Divine is definitly on my "Must get very soon" list. ;)

kirinke

First Post
I'm one up on you Maj. I got both oriental adventures, unnapproachable east and complete divine as well as the draconomicon. ^_^.
next month i'm going to buy book of vile darkness and it's counterpart. i forget the name.

Verbatim

Explorer
The book is called the book of exalted deeds. I've looked through it, and it seems good, but haven't bought it or the BoVD yet. I'm also thinking about getting the complete book of Divine to see if there is anything in there that I could use with Ayden.

Since Manz is waiting until he gets back for us to meet Raven, we're just waiting on you guys now to get the pcs made and intro posted. Not that I'm rushing you guys, but yanno, I'm rushing you guys..:)

Remove ads