• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shackled City - OOC I

Jarval

Explorer
Verbatim said:
The book is called the book of exalted deeds. I've looked through it, and it seems good, but haven't bought it or the BoVD yet. I'm also thinking about getting the complete book of Divine to see if there is anything in there that I could use with Ayden.

Since Manz is waiting until he gets back for us to meet Raven, we're just waiting on you guys now to get the pcs made and intro posted. Not that I'm rushing you guys, but yanno, I'm rushing you guys..:)
:D Not a problem. I'll have Kiyoshi posted soonish (this evening at the latest), so hopefully I won't need too much rushing...

As for the Book of Exalted Deeds, I've own it, and I like it. There's some slightly dubious game balance to some of the feats, but it's really aimed at a gaming style where role-playing restrictions balance game mechanic advantages. And to qualify for a lot of the PrCs and feats, the character does need to be Good with a capital G.

Jarval

Explorer
A couple of quick questions:

1) What setting are we using for this game? I note that we're using the Greyhawk pantheon, but are we playing on Oerth or in a homebrew? Is it OK if I insert a distant far-eastern culture for Kiyoshi to be from?

2) Majin, do you want/need me to e-mail details of the Shugenja class to you? I don't mind doing it, but it'll take me a bit of time to do as my scanner isn't really designed to deal with hardback books. To be honest, the Shugenja isn't all that much different from a sorcerer mechanically, abeit a divine sorcerer specialized in a particular element...

Jarval

Explorer
Here's my character. I'll flesh out his background a bit more soon, but I thought it'd be better to get something posted so I don't need to be rushed again ;)

Kiyoshi
Male Halfling Shugenja 1st lvl
Neutral Good

Str 9 ..pts 3, -2 racial
Dex 16 ..pts 6, +2 racial
Con 12 ..pts 4
Int 14 ..pts 6
Wis 14 ..pts 6
Cha 16 ..pts 10

Hit Points: 7 (1d6 + 1)
AC: 14, Touch 14, Flat 11
Init: +3
BAB: +0, Grap -5
Speed: 20' (base 20', load 17.375/67.5, Light)
Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5

-1 Melee, Quarterstaff (small), 1d4-1, 20/x2
+4 Ranged, Sling (small), 1d3, 20/x2, 50' r

Small, 5'8" tall, 160 wt, 19 yrs old
Black hair, brown eyes, tanned skin

Speaks Common, Halfling (+2 others).

+5 Concentration (4)
+7 Diplomacy (4)
+6 Heal (4)
+6 Knowledge (Arcana) (4)
+6 Knowledge (The Planes) (4)
+6 Spellcraft (4)

Feats
- Augment Healing (1st level feat) (CD, p. 78, +2/spell level to damage healed by Conjuration (Healing) spells)

Halfling Traits
- +2 racial bonus on Climb, Jump, Listen, and Move Silently checks.
- +1 racial bonus on all saving throws.
- +2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear.
- +1 racial bonus on attack rolls with thrown weapons and slings.
- Favored Class: Rogue.

Shugenja Abilities
- Order of the Gentle Rain.
- Elemental Focus (Water).
- Sense Elements 3/day.

Spells Per Day 5/4
Spells Known:
0th- Cure Minor Wounds (o), Create Water (w), Purify Food and Drink (w), Detect Magic (a), Mage Hand (e).
1st- Cure Light Wounds (o), Speak with Animals (w), Sleep (a).

Background, Personality and Appearance
Hailing from a distant kingdom far to (direction, dependant on setting), Kiyoshi has only just arrived in Cauldron. Having heard tales of the city, he has traveled to see this meeting place of the elements.

Wearing
Monk's Outfit (worn, 0 wt)

On Belt
Belt pouch (small) (belt right, 0.125 wt)
Dagger (small) (belt front, 0.5 wt)

On Back
Backpack (small) (center back, 0.5 wt)

Belt pouch Contents
20 sling bullets (small) (belt pouch, 5 wt)

Backpack Contents
Bedroll (small) (backpack, 1.25 wt)
Flint & Steel (backpack, 0 wt)
Ofuda (backpack, 3 wt)
3 sunrods (backpack, 3 wt)
Trail rations (small) (4 days') (backpack, 1 wt)
Waterskin (small) (backpack, 1 wt)
Scrolls (backpack, 0 wt):
- Expeditious Retreat
- Feather fall
- Remove Fear

Coins
- 14 gp, 7 sp, 0 cp (belt pouch, 0 wt)

Last edited:

kirinke

First Post
Whoot, just posted. Sorry for the delay. Couldn't find the thread an it was right in front of me. :heh: talk about 'now where did you see it last' type of thingie.

oh it's a bit long but intro's r' sometimes like that. ^_^

Verbatim

Explorer
Meant that as Kirinke getting her intro post in, and then Jarvel getting into the swing of things as well.

Sorry for the confusion, but I just had to use the Sweet Uncle Joe's coffee comment...:)

Last edited:

Majin

First Post
Jarval - You can say Oearth is the setting and yes you can add the bit of land you'd like to use. From flipping through Shackled City's adventures it doesn't seem like you guys will get much chance to really go elsewhere besides the immediate surrounding area, and the possibility of other planes. ;) To make it easier on you until I pick up the book, you could just type up what your character gets for the current level you are. You'll probably only need to do that for one level up cause it shouldnt be that long till I get my rear in gear and pick up a bunch of the books I've been missing out on lately. ;) Posts for the IC threads coming up in just a bit.

Last edited:

Remove ads