Shows that I go back and rewatch, shows that I should

Mad_Jack

Legend
On a slight tangent, despite having picked up the first seasons of both Sons of Anarchy and Stranger Things (I've never seen either of them) out of curiosity, I've never really felt the urge to actually watch either of them for some reason.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
On a slight tangent, despite having picked up the first seasons of both Sons of Anarchy and Stranger Things (I've never seen either of them) out of curiosity, I've never really felt the urge to actually watch either of them for some reason.
Oh, SOA has so many bad seasons on the back end….

Zardnaar

Legend
Currently rewatching The Sopranos. Highly recommended.

Did that not to long ago. Only watched first 3 seasons first time around.

We rewatch lots if stuff but the ones we have done the most are Stargate SG1 and Atlantis.

Every few years Firefly/Babylon5/Farscape.

Probably should rewatch. Breaking Bad, Rome, Deadwood.

Mad_Jack

Legend
Every few years Firefly/Babylon5/Farscape.

Farscape is one of those shows I've always meant to get around to watching, but never managed to find in my preferred viewing mode (cheap second-hand dvd bins)...
I've seen, I think, maybe two or three episodes of it on a VHS tape I used to own.

Ryujin

Legend
Farscape is one of those shows I've always meant to get around to watching, but never managed to find in my preferred viewing mode (cheap second-hand dvd bins)...
I've seen, I think, maybe two or three episodes of it on a VHS tape I used to own.
I gave up on "cheap" and defaulted to "not quite breaking the bank." Picked up "Fringe" and "Babylon 5 (including "Crusade" and the movies)." I've rewatched "Farscape" a couple of times via streaming services but would certainly also pick up the DVDs, if they weren't in the "cost of first-born" category.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I gave up on "cheap" and defaulted to "not quite breaking the bank." Picked up "Fringe" and "Babylon 5 (including "Crusade" and the movies)." I've rewatched "Farscape" a couple of times via streaming services but would certainly also pick up the DVDs, if they weren't in the "cost of first-born" category.

A quick note on B5- unlike most shows, and due to reasons that are familiar to fans, there has been a long-running and persistent issue with the versions of B5 available, esp. wrt. the "special effects" scenes.

The good news is that the streaming version remasters (available to stream on HBO Max, and to buy on other platforms) has fixed the issues. The bad news is that, AFAIK, these versions haven't been released on physical media.

Mad_Jack

Legend

Yeah, there are a few places around here that deal in second-hand dvds/bluray, and I generally try to pay less than $20 for a season of a tv series if I can. For the relatively new stuff, or stuff that's still on the air, I won't pay more than $30 if it's something I really want. Which is why I end up picking up a lot of older series rather than more current stuff.
If possible, I like to get a "complete series" box set, but those are often beyond my price range.

Remove ads