Sialia's New Deck

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Argh! I juss found this buried treasure an' wanted tuh compliment the artist!

Dost ye do comissions for ship figureheads? ;)

Sialia

First Post
Thank 'e.

Sometimes I do commissions, but just at the moment I'm all caught up in this project.
Bide a bit.
When I get to about the end of this, I'll cast about for some fresh ideas.

There's still a long haul between here and port for me.

Sialia

First Post
Yes, there's a dozen or so more of them in the works, but none close to postable as yet, and this week has gotten unusally full of the real world, so no time to work for a bit. But I promise, there is more.

As soon as this cat stops looking like a candied ham.

Sialia

First Post
I've tried drawing this cat a dozen times, and everytime I get to the tilework, it starts looking like a candied ham.

Instead, I give you another in the "tools" suit.

"Horn."

Suitable for drinking from, or blowing into. I left the tip deliberately ambiguous so we can decide about the dweomer later.

Both music and alcohol are two powerful magics, no?

Attachments

• horn.jpg
    horn.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 106

Sialia

First Post
For those curious, so far the suits I'm working on will be "celestial" (dark blue) "creatures" (haven't decided on a single color background as yet) "inventions" (dark green) and then perhaps I will start working on "people" (which would included things like the knight card, perhaps a jester or bard, maybe some royals . . .we'll see. Depends on various things. It's very hard for me to settle on who is "important" to portray.)

And the inventions have me totally entranced. I started with the simple machines (lever, pulley, wheel, wedge, etc. ) and then I started thinking about what else only exists in this world because people beleive in them. Stuff like money, and letters.

I may be at this a while, and the number of cards in each suit is unlikely to balance at this rate.

Ah well. We'll shuffle through them and sort it out later. First the sketches, then the mechanics.

Sialia

First Post
Ok, it's 2 am and I have got to stop fussing over the mouth, jaw and eye and post this thing already.

But I reserve the right to come back and fix the @#$%^& thing when my eyes can see straight and my hands aren't shaking.

Attachments

• lizard.jpg
    lizard.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 120

Remove ads