Siege Of Bordrin's Watch OOC

ukingsken

First Post
Edit: Looking it over, the people there already have a much better idea of where they want to take a character then I do. I'm anxious to follow but I'll sit this one out.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Ruby. I made a monk, it was a ranger adaptation to flavor it as monk, worked quite fine. But if that book comes out soonish, it would be great for my Path of E. game

The Digger

First Post
Can I just say how much I am enjoying this, whether either of my characters get picked or not - this is just such fun!

Do you suppose those who don't get picked could stay on here and rp the siege?

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
I'm glad you're having fun thus far guys. And we've had some really good stuff thus far and it's making my decisions on what to do kinda difficult.

We have so many great characters there are a lot of options in play. One largish party, even though I know some people don't like games that include more than like five players (although in my experience usually at least two selected kind ot disappear within the first month anyway, thus bringing the group back down to five or six). Only problem with this option is that a number of people wouldn't be selected.

Two seperate parties are an option, but then it's a matter of deciding whether to run the same module with two different groups doing the same material, two seperate groups each doing half the module each, or one group doing the module as written, and me finding another module that could work as a companion piece and just change the fluff to have it be another aspect of the siege and have the second group run that. My only fear with this is that I'll get burned out trying to run two seperate modules at the same time.

Third option is to run the module with the group I select, and then start a seperate "Overlook & Bordrin's Watch" thread for everybody else not selected (plus anyone else who wanted to join in) to have an "open rping" thread to work their characters and plot as they see fit. I just don't know if a "non-directed" roleplay game would maintain interest and I'm afraid people would just stop posting.

Final option is for me to run the module as written, and someone else involved thus far run a second module in conjunction as a second part of the siege. Preferably someone who was playing in my game, so that they wouldn't feel as though they had to give up a spot to run a second game. But this involves someone stepping up to the plate and saying that they want to run a game in this same world, using some of the characters we've seen thus far, and is willing to find or write up a module that can be used as a second half of the siege. I'd partner up with said person and we would work everything out together, splitting up characters and such... but it'd need a committed person who likes what's been established thus far enough to want to run their own game.

A couple different options/problems here... and we'll just have to see what the next couple weeks brings before I make a decision on my aspect of the module.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
My only fear with this is that I'll get burned out trying to run two seperate modules at the same time.
At least in my persona experience, it's less complicated to manage a lot of people that two separate games with less people

Velmont

First Post
I'll have more time this summer, so I've offer to DEFCON 1 to run the second game. That would mean one of my two character won't get part of the adventure, as I won't play in a game I run.

As I have access to DnD Insider too, I don't have any problem with the actual characters.

Remove ads