• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Silverymoon Campaign - IC

Erekose13

Explorer
Silestrea, half-elf sorceress

Silestrea adds to Fizzi's account, "We came upon the guards and Knights and helped turn the tide. The fallen were gathered and brought along with us in that extra wagon back there. We shall bring them along with you so that we can give them a proper heroic burial as they deserve."

As many of the party is slowly catching on to, Silestrea is always in awe of the power wielded by the Knights and indeed any formal representative of the Silver Marches. She has thus far agreed to all of their demands without hesitation.

[ooc: i hope that i got the facts right. i know that one of the merchants suggested bringing the bodies along with us, so i assume that it happened.]

Last edited:

Zerth

First Post
Aram, half-elf monk

There is no doubt for Aram, as a citizen of Silverymoon, that the group should follow the knights to the checkpoint. "Please accept our most sincere condolences. Many knights in silver fell, but each one of them fought bravely until the very end." Noticing some of his companions getting irritated by the accusations, the monk tries to calm the situation using his diplomatic skills taught by the Order of Mystra. "We will come with you as asked, Sir Knight, because we share your grief and are willing to aid in solving this matter. My companions have spoken words of truth and I only ask, that we would be treated with respect. Not as criminals but like someone, who fought proudly with those wearing silver."

(OOC: Diplomacy check [+8] if needed)

Breezly

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Silestrea adds to Fizzi's account, "We came upon the guards and Knights and helped turn the tide. The fallen were gathered and brought along with us in that extra wagon back there. We shall bring them along with you so that we can give them a proper heroic burial as they deserve."

As many of the party is slowly catching on to, Silestrea is always in awe of the power wielded by the Knights and indeed any formal representative of the Silver Marches. She has thus far agreed to all of their demands without hesitation.

[ooc: i hope that i got the facts right. i know that one of the merchants suggested bringing the bodies along with us, so i assume that it happened.]

OOC: Yes, you have gotten your facts right.

The Knight leader looks at you as you speak and he seems unmoved by what you say. In fact, you might even say he looks agitated.

Breezly

Breezly

First Post
Zerth said:
There is no doubt for Aram, as a citizen of Silverymoon, that the group should follow the knights to the checkpoint. "Please accept our most sincere condolences. Many knights in silver fell, but each one of them fought bravely until the very end." Noticing some of his companions getting irritated by the accusations, the monk tries to calm the situation using his diplomatic skills taught by the Order of Mystra. "We will come with you as asked, Sir Knight, because we share your grief and are willing to aid in solving this matter. My companions have spoken words of truth and I only ask, that we would be treated with respect. Not as criminals but like someone, who fought proudly with those wearing silver."

(OOC: Diplomacy check [+8] if needed)

The Knight leader addresses Aram, 'Very well then, follow us.' As with Silestrea, you do not detect any grief in the Knight. He seems almost cold, focusing more on those in the caravan than on the fallen at this point.

Breezly

Breezly

First Post
ControlFreak said:
Tsoren keeps an eye on the "strange" wagon during this exchange, looking for anything out of the ordinary.

Tsoren, as you watch the wagon, you find that a few of the other Knights take a particular interest in the wagon, stopping and looking at the driver and the wagon itself. The Knights then move off towards the other caravans.

As you were looking at them, you do notice that the armored man next to the wagon driver seemed more tense, his hand drifted to his sword as if preparing to draw, but said nothing. The man's eyes locked on yours as you were observing and his disposition can be best described as 'suspicous'.

Breezly

Last edited:

ControlFreak

First Post
Tsoren Gildersham - Human Rog1

Breezly said:
Tsoren, as you watch the wagon, you find that a few of the other Knights take a particular interest in the wagon, stopping and looking at the driver and the wagon itself. The Knights then move off towards the other caravans.

As you were looking at them, you do notice that the armored man next to the wagon driver seemed more tense, his hand drifted to his sword as if preparing to draw, but said nothing. The man's eyes locked on yours as you were observing and his disposition can be best described as 'suspicous'.

Breezly
Tsoren grins at the armored man, not hiding the fact that he's watching the wagon.

He turns his attention to the Knight Leader and says, "alrighty then! Let's get moving."

Breezly

First Post
Post 020604 – On the path to…?, Alturiak 6, Late Evening

Post 020604 – On the path to…, Alturiak 6, Late Evening

The Knights in Silver leader looks over the group as you give your ascent to traveling with them to the Knights check point. Athil also nods his agreement and he motions to the caravan to follow the Knights. The Knight leader takes up a position at the head of the column. The other four Knights pair off and position themselves at opposite sides of the caravan at the front of the caravan; one pair moves close to the strange wagon towards the rear of the caravan.

You travel slowly but steadily along the road. Thankfully you are heading in the direction of Sundabar, so you shouldn’t lose much travel time. Fizzi calculates in his head that it should take another 4 days of travel to get to Sundabar. Your travel is relatively quiet. The Knights in Silver do not engage you in conversation as you travel, they seem much more focused on their duties. Athil and the other merchants remain focused on their wagons and fighting off the growing chill of the late afternoon.

As evening starts to take a hold of the day, the Knights lead you off the main road. When asked, the Knights in Silver leader tells you, “The guard station is set near the foothills. Watching the road is not our only duty.” And with that, he leads you toward the foothills. The Knights call you to a halt about an hour off the road. The foothills are much closer now and the air is colder and crisper as you prepare for an evening meal. The sun as it sets casts shadows amongst the various crags and knolls. Your meal is quick and quiet and you are soon moving once again. “Just a few more hours and we will be there.” The Knight leader comments.

After another hour you’re an in the foothills themselves. Looking around you notice that the ground is un-traveled an you have not passed another Knights in Silver patrol. In fact, over the past hour you have not passed anyone else on your travels. As that thought grabs you, you look around at the others and get a sense of unease. In fact, the more you consider it the more you feel as if something is not quite right.

How do you want to proceed?

Last edited:

Zerth

First Post
Aram, half-elf monk

Aram is somewhat surprised by the manner the leader of knights is handling things, but he never mentions it. He doesn't act like he's lost some good men of his, almost like he doesn't care at all. Maybe it's just his way of handling great grief, but this a very strange way indeed, especially for a knight. Aram can't recall any other time he would have seen a knight in silver act like this, not ever. The leader seems not very knightly, rather almost unpleasant. But Aram doesn't ponder this any more as their journey continues. He just hopes everything gets solved quickly at the guard station so the party could continue their important quest.

As the knights lead the caravan to the foothills Aram's uneasy feeling keeps getting stronger. He tires to observe the knights, but can't clearly say what could be wrong with them. He has been quiet for the most part of the trip with the knights, but then approaches Silestrea as they are riding on. "Say, My Lady, you are from Silverymoon also and spoke with the leader of the knights earlier. I don't know if I am being too paranoid, but did you notice anything odd about him?" Aram pauses briefly, then leans closer and continues almost with a whispering voice: "I mean the way he almost totally ignored his fallen comrades? And how he treated us and really everybody without much respect. That is not the way a knight should act, I know these things as my order is well versed in diplomatic issues and I know the Knights in Silver are as well, if not even better." Aram looks quickly around making sure no knight is close enough to listen. "And what about taking this whole caravan to the hills. Looks like nobody has traveled here recently." Aram's voice gets a little excited, "I feel like..., almost like a hostage. I don't like this at all. Now, please tell me how you see it. Am I going too far with this?"

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Dain

Dain spurs his pony towards the conversation Aram is having with Silestra. "I like this not. These men are likely impostures. Let us try to stop this train before we are ambushed. We could fein an injury perhaps. Is there any way to verify these knights' identity?"

Thanee

First Post
Willow, female wood elf druid

“Is this behaviour and leading us here not like them?” Willow asks her companions silently, clearly addressing the humans and the more knowledgeable in this matter. “Then yes, we should stop them before it is too late.”

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads