• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Silverymoon Campaign - IC

Manzanita

First Post
Dain

"Yes, Mr. Fizzlewick. Why don't you do the talking. I'm not so good at being polite. Here, let me look at the gems, as well."

OOC: If Gems count as metal or stone, then Dain's appraise is +3

"Personally, this sounds like a setup, & I don't like that strage wagon. We must stick by our story of being adventurers, though, so we can't act too suspicious, and we should be sure to ask for money."

Erekose13

Explorer
Silestrea, half-elf sorceress

Silestrea nods weakly to Fizzi's question, "I'll be okay, just need a bit of rest. Though if you do have that bandage, Willow I would definitely appreciate it."

[ooc: Sil only took 3hp, but @ 1st level for a sorceror that leaves her with only 2.]

Last edited:

Breezly

First Post
Post 013004 – Traveling Companions. Alturiak 4, Evening

Post 013004 – Traveling Companions. Alturiak 4, Evening.

The group moves off to speak quietly about the current situation. And, although the situation seems a bit odd, as a group you decide that traveling with the merchants to Sundabar is the wiser course of action. Turning back to Athil you inform him of your decision to travel with him, and agree that he is due an equal share of the treasure to compensate for his loses.

Athil smiles, ‘Excellent. I am relieved to hear of your decision. You certainly have proven yourself worthy in battle and we will be better off with you amongst us. As for the treasure share, I only need a portion of the coin. The gems are yours to keep, they seem quite fair and should more then compensate you for your efforts.’ Dain and Fizzi take a look at the gems they are three rubies of excellent quality. (There are two gems of equal size, you estimate their value at 400gp each. The smaller ruby is valued at 100gp)

Athil moves off briefly to converse with the remaining guard and some of the merchants. They look your way on occasion and nod their heads as if agreeing to whatever it is that Athil is saying. The guards and merchants move off about their business and quite efficiently, they gather the caravan together and prepare to move of. The wagon containing the mysterious traveler moves in with the groups as well. Fizzi quickly tries to replay the battle in his mind and he only remembers seeing the wagon driving away from the battle. No one emerged to aid the merchants.

Before moving off, you get a chance to inquire of Athil about the mysterious traveler. Athil can only shake his head, “I do not know. I have only had dealings with the driver and I have not spoken at all with anyone within the wagon, if there is anyone.’

Looking at the driver of the wagon you can see that he is a finely dressed human, with opulent winter clothing. The horses are the finest of their breed and the wagon is exceptional in quality. The driver eyes you coldly when you approach him and as the wagons are making to move, you do not have an opportunity to speak.

Once the bodies are placed in one of the merchant wagons, Athil signals the group to move. It is getting near dark and Athil comments that he wants to put an hour or two behind him to get away from the ambush site.

Silestrea, you are able to clean and bind your wound, though you do feel a little woozy from the blood loss.

OK, how do you arrange yourself? What do you do during the 2 hour ride? When you make camp are there any preparations you wish to make or special things you want to do?

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Willow, female wood elf druid

Willow will, of course, tend to Silestreas wound, once she notices, but since she has used up her healing spells already to aid the dying, her mundane healing skills must suffice. She will clean the wound and bandage it, so it doesn't break up again easily.

“I'm sorry, that I cannot do more to help you in the moment, but the wound should heal soon.”

During the course of the day, Willow will continue to treat the wounded to accelerate the healing process.

She is also in agreement, that the group should travel with the merchants. It's too dangerous here to leave them on their own now.

On the next morning, Willow will prepare full healing spells - all Cure Minor/Light Wounds.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Dain

Dain remounts and drifts back to the rear of the train. On the way, he edges closer to Fizzy. "I guess we can wait until we stop for the night before we converse with them further, but I'm of the opinion we should ask for money for our guard duties. And also quiz the driver of the mysterious wagon."

Zerth

First Post
Aram, half-elf monk

During the day Aram will help treat the wounded with the little ability he has in such matters, trying to keep the green bracer out of sight as well as he can. He is suspicious and will keep an eye on the mysterious wagon whenever possible. All and all he is just anxious to reach Sundabar as soon as possible so the party can continue traveling by themselves.

WonkaMania

First Post
Fizzlewikk Schlickenbahb - Halfling Rogue

Fizzlewikk nods to Dain as they appraise the gems. "sounds good to meh! Let's pick 3 different people to hold onto these gems. I don't like to "carry all my eggs in one basket" if you know what 'ah mean! When we get the chance we should divide up the coin, perhaps later when we stop for the night."

Fizzlewikk will get back upon his Riding Dog and ride besides Dain and Aram as they travel to the sleeping spot for the night. He looks to Dain and says "Aye, 'ah agree about talking with the driver of the mysterious wagon. Would you care to go with me when we talk to them? Are you going to come as well Aram? I just want to go up and ask them where they are going and what type of cargo they are carrying, stating that since we are going to be gaurding the caravan, we'd like to know what we're gaurding. I'd also like to look at it as well, I don't want to just take their word for it. I'm of the opinion that if they refuse we should tell them they'll have to leave us. It sounds harsh but you never know who you can or can't trust, especially now. Also, I have no idea what to ask for payment for gaurding them? I don't think it should be much, and I really don't know if it'd be "right", but it would lead to our cover of being "adventurers".. Either way, let's just get to Sundabar and away from these people as soon as possible."

Manzanita

First Post
Dain

"Oh course I'll go with you, Fizzy. I'll carry one of the gems, a big one, I reckon. I agree that if they're not cooperative, we should encourage them not to accompany us, although perhaps we have no right to make them leave us. Perhaps we should just say they need to help pay us as guards. Perhaps just a silver piece each per day?"

Erekose13

Explorer
Silestrea Morand, half-elf sorceress

Silestrea thanks Willow for her tender ministrations, graceous that the blood has stopped flowing. Her arm is still quite sore and her head is feeling a little woozy from the blood loss. She goes over the her horse, affectionately named Baelryn, and tends to her things, leaving the planning to the others.

Last edited:

Zerth

First Post
Aram, half-elf monk

WonkaMania said:
Fizzlewikk will get back upon his Riding Dog and ride besides Dain and Aram as they travel to the sleeping spot for the night. He looks to Dain and says "Aye, 'ah agree about talking with the driver of the mysterious wagon. Would you care to go with me when we talk to them? Are you going to come as well Aram?."
"I shall also come," Aram tells Fizzi as the group rides on. "It is only fair to ask to know about those, who we are supposed to protect. But let's be polite. There are many possible honorable reasons for travelers to keep their own council. We should know that."

Last edited:

Remove ads