• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Silverymoon Campaign - IC

Thanee

First Post
Willow, female wood elf druid

“Can we help you with anything?” Willow asks Athil. “Not, that I know how to fix such a wagon...” The wood elf shrugs and moves around the wagon, closer to the leader of the knights, eyeing him and his horse for a moment.

“Those are fine horses you got there, worthy of an honorable warrior.” The druid slowly moves closer to him, calmly stroking the fur of the warhorse with one hand, trying to get a feel for the animal, should she decide to use it against its rider.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Dain

"Hold!" Dain shouts at the knight leaving the caravan. "He wheels his pony in front of the leader. "I don't like this. Why are we so far from the road? This is no place for a guard post. We will not be led into a trap. We are returning to the road with the caravan. You can accompany us if you wish, or should you hinder us, we can leave your bloody corpse in the mud."

Zerth

First Post
Aram, half-elf monk

Aram watches worriedly as the leader of the knights sends one of his men riding ahead. He knows something must be done quickly, but the chance to stop the knight spurring his horse ahead is lost. He is just about to make a move when he notices Willow approach the knight leader. Aram is not quite sure, what she is up to, but he's going to wait and see how the situation develops and be prepared.

When Dain makes his statement, Aram is eyeing the nearest knight very closely.

Last edited:

WonkaMania

First Post
Fizzlewikk Schlickenbahb - Halfling Rogue

Fizzlewikk has been thinking everything over and not liking the situation one bit. He isn't quite sure what to do though and just listens to everyone else's suggestions.

When Dain yells out:
Manzanita said:
"I don't like this. Why are we so far from the road? This is no place for a guard post. We will not be led into a trap. We are returning to the road with the caravan. You can accompany us if you wish, or should you hinder us, we can leave your bloody corpse in the mud."

Fizzi prepares to go on the defensive. He'll try to easily maneuver his dog into some cover should fighting break out, as he still isn't sure what to do..

OOC: Fizzlewikk will try to get cover from both the "knights" and the mysterious wagon.

Breezly

First Post
ControlFreak said:
Tsoren stares at the guard, trying to get his attention. When the guard looks back, Tsoren widens his eyes to the guard, deliberately looks at the "Knight" leader, and back at the guard. If the guard appears to have understood the gesture, Tsoren will give a slight nod and wait for any response.

The guard looks at you strangely, as if he did not catch the meaning of your gesture.

Erekose13

Explorer
Silestrea, half-elf sorceress

After discussing things with Aram, Silestrea stays near the man finding that she feels safer in this situation somewhere close to one of her friends. She is a little shocked at Dain's statement, though she doesn't show it. She had never really been in a position where she questioned the authorities. While it was obvious that that something strange was happening, she didn't quite think everything through to this point. Looking to Aram, she can see him watching one of the Knights very closely, she turns to look at the man, then looks around to see if she can tell the reaction that Dain has had on each of them.

Last edited:

Breezly

First Post
Post 020904 - A rough knight, Alturiak 6, Evening

Manzanita said:
"Hold!" Dain shouts at the knight leaving the caravan. "He wheels his pony in front of the leader. "I don't like this. Why are we so far from the road? This is no place for a guard post. We will not be led into a trap. We are returning to the road with the caravan. You can accompany us if you wish, or should you hinder us, we can leave your bloody corpse in the mud."

Anger consumes the Knights in Silver leader's face. His hand moves down to his sword, but he does not draw. "Are you daft dwarf? You dare threaten the Knights in Silver? You will not lead this caravan anywhere. You are part of an investigation into the deaths of merchants and Knights and you WILL accompany me to our guard station. I will give you leave for your insolence this time, should you make a move to hinder me or threaten me again, I will put you in chains."

(Dain, your Sense Motive check on the Knight leaves you quite a bit more suspicious, as if you are not convinced he is being honest. Though, you are not sure what part he is being dishonest about)

The other Knights get tense and seem ready to act, moving their horses forward along the caravan's length.

Willow, you are close enough to the leader to attempt something with the Knight Leader's horse, though the moment is fleeting. Athil seems to shrink more under the wagon and the Knight Leader ignores your question as he is focused on Dain at the moment.

Fizzi, you successfully position yourself behind the strange wagon. You notice the other three knights have moved a bit forward towards the comotion at the front of caravan.

Tsoren, you are not getting any reaction from the guard on the strange wagon, he seems focused on the action in front of the caravan. Though, his hand is on his sword and the blade is about an inch out of the scabbard.

Aram and Silestrea, you are poised at the front of the caravan, observing the parley.

The rest of the merchants seem confused and a bit frigthened.

What does everyone do?

Manzanita

First Post
Dain

Dain directs his voice at the merchants. "There is no reason to go this far from the road. You have been ambushed once, and we have rescued you once. Let's not have a second go at that. Turn around your wagons. Let us return to the road. We will explain the situation to the next guard post we meet."

Dain urges his horse towards the merchants to push them gently to turn around.

Zerth

First Post
Aram, half-elf monk

Aram looks the leader in the eyes. "Wearing armor does not make a knight. Your manners have proven, that you don't deserve to wear that armor." Aram's voice is cold and stern. "You are no knight! Spare us from your false words, none here believe you anymore."

Thanee

First Post
Willow, female wood elf druid

Seeing the moment of confrontation closing, Willow doesn't hesitate and proceeds with her little diversion plan.

She takes advantage of the leader being focused on Dain and Aram talking to him and uses her empathic powers to let the horse go wild, rear and hopefully throw off its rider.

Immediately thereafter, she steps back close to the next wagon for some protection, ready to draw her sword.

Remove ads