• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sinister Spire(con't RBD)(Orsal Judging)

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Int check: 19+2=21 - about time IC gave him a good roll. Hopefully he can look good in front of his girlfriend, er, friends..

IC: Rowan gazes out with interest. "These are probably the two humanoids who passed the ogre before. If they got past the ogre without a fight, then the probably were not waylaid by enemies, but rather died in a trap, or from some mindless beast." He looks around warily.

BigB

First Post
[sblock=Rowan]2 human corpses dressed as sailors. One was shot with several arrows, which were removed, and the other bitten in the face by a few tiny fanged creatures. You remember hearing tales of magical caverns that are powerful and natural centers of magic. This vertical shaft feels as the magic caverns were described to you.[/sblock]

2 human corpses dressed as sailors. You also find a toppled statue of a wide-eyed female goblin. 3 large bags lie nearby, empty. One human clutches a message written in ugly script that looks very similar to the writing identified as Yuan-Ti.

[sblock=Lookspring] Another set of tracks(medium humanoid wearing boots) leads off the edge of the terrace, as if the creature walked into empty space.

ooc: I think you will get your exp soon ;) [/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring creeps to the edge of the terrace, a little wary of the corpses lying there. He points to the tracks on the ground and says, "One of the crazy men walked right off the edge. I bet he's splattered all over the bottom of the chamber. Someone throw a torch over so we can see!" Driven by his morbid curiousity, Lookspring moves to the edge and peers over into the pit.

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan approaches the corpses, and says, "One of these sailors was shot by several arrows, which were removed. The other was bitten in the face by a few tiny fanged creatures. Snake bites, perhaps? They don't have bows (do they?), so someone else attacked them, then retrieved the arrows and retreated. Perhaps the third one was trying to get away when he went over the edge." Rowan kneels by the prints. "If the footprints were far apart, with the weight in the toes, then he would have been running."

"I remember hearing tales of magical caverns that are powerful and natural centers of magic. This vertical shaft feels as a magic cavern. I don't know what that would have to do with how these men died."

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Strange." Phoenix says as she moves forward carefully and inspects the bodies to see if she recognizes either of them. She also takes the message written in Yuan-Ti and tucks it away for safe keeping to be deciphered later if they can. "So where do we go from here then?" Phoenix asks the others. "I don't suppose there are steps going down over that edge, are there Lookspring?" she inquires.

BigB

First Post
No steps leading down

The tracks going over the edge do not show weight on toes, appear weight more balanced as walking casually.

A dropped torch falls and falls and hits the bottom a long ways down.

[sblock=Phoenix and Lookspring]You recognize the two as the sailors that attacked on the ship.[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"Huh." Lookspring says with a disappointed look on his face as he peers over the lip. "There aren't any splattered humans down there. It's just a long drop. Maybe something down there ate the body. That or he could fly. See the way he walked? He just strolled off the edge as casual as can be." He turns to look at the bodies of the sailors. Giving one of them a kick he says, "Well unless one of you can flap their arms really well, I think our best course is to descend into the pit and look for the remains of the third man. Maybe there is a passage below, or on the other side of the chamber." Lighting up excitedly he says, "Lets roll one off the edge and see if anything is down there to eat it!"

OOC
[SBLOCK]
Is either sailor the one Lookspring threatened?
[/SBLOCK]

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Hmmm, serves 'em right." Phoenix comments toward the two dead sailors. "I almost thought for a second that one of these might be Uggla. Too bad I was wrong. Also too bad that I didn't bring along any rope it seems since I can't fly...unless..." On the off chance that it works, Phoenix spends a moment concentrating on the ring she took off the Ogre and willing it to lift her body up into the air. After a few moments of trying (assuming she's unsuccesful) she gives up with a laugh. "Well, it would have been nice I guess." She helps Lookspring to roll one of the bodies off the edge to see what happens, but she makes sure to do it right where the footprints had gone off the edge. "Ya know, in case there is some kind of invisible bridge or something..."

OOC: Does it look possible to climb down safely anywhere? Edit: Alternativly, does it look possible to climb UP anywhere? Any path that we can see at all that looks possible to use? Does anyone else have a rope/grappling hook? And if so, do we have enough rope to reach the bottom?

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
"I wonder if you could actually just walk out there & float up." mutter Rowan. "Feel that electricity? There's something going on here." Yet Rowan is not about to test his theory, especially since he just saw Lookspring's torch fall down, not up.

"I have 50 feet of rope, but no grappling hook. It's probably not enough to get us up."
Rowan looks around. Someone shot these men, then took the arrows out, and walked over the edge. Who? And Why?

"So you know these guys? What would they be doing here? Did they have other enemies? They got past the ogres somehow. And what would make those little bitemarks?" At this last comment, Rowan looks suspiciously at Lookspring.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"They were having plenty of enemies. Me and her for starters." He jerks his thumb in Phoenix's direction. "If it was being me that did them in, I would be crowing about it. In fact, when we are telling the story to the savages, I will be telling them I did it. As for bites, maybe it was snakes, bats, or very large bugs. The kind that hide in dark holes like this and come swarming out of the crevices when you are least expecting them!" He turns back to helping Phoenix shove the heavy body off the ledge.

Remove ads