Sinister Spire(con't RBD)(Orsal Judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
After washing up a little at the shore, Phoenix falls in behind Rowan and in front of Lookspring as they cross the bridge. "I don't know Rowan. Looks pretty still to me. Just watch out for any ripples of anything coming towards us."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring looks over the bridge with a critical eye. Lacking any real architectural expertise, he nonetheless thinks it looks solid enough to him. He falls in behind the other two as they begin to cross the bridge. "What do you think is living in underground seas? I am thinking there are new and delicious fishes in there. After we are killing the snake men we should try to catch some!" He smacks his lips at the thought of eating something other than trail rations for once. While they make their way across the bridge he moves to the edge every now and then to peer into the dark waters. He glances over his shoulder every now and then to ensure that his "pet" viper is still following him.

BigB

First Post
About a third of the way across the bridge a few of the massive stone blocks are cracked and askew. A navigable path still exists where the corners of the crooked stones come close enough together, but unlike the minor erosion endured by the majority of the bridge, this section seems to have sustained damage.

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan

"Well, we're not in a big hurry, are we? Here, Leapspring [sic], tie this end of our new rope around you and go across that dangerous part. I'll hold onto this end, and if you fall, I'll pull you back up. When you get across, untie it and I'll pull it back. Then I'll tie it onto you, Phoenix, and you can cross the same way. But keep hold of you end, and be ready to catch me when I cross." suggests Rowan.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring snorts and picks up the rope, convinced that the other two have it in for him. Tying it about his waist, he scoots his way towards the edge and takes a good look around before beginning to cross. The thought of him dangling off the edge of the bridge over the water like a worm on a hook flashes into his mind.

BigB

First Post
Lookspring grabs the rope and ties it around his waist. As he moves forward Lookspring hesitates eyes wide.

[sblock=Lookspring]The serene and sullen sea ripples just below the surface of the water 5ft from Lookspring, 4 humanoids with rows of teeth gleeming are climbing out. Lookspring can act in the surprise round. initiative roll needed.[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring stares in fascination at the fish people crawling out of the water towards him. The first thought that enters his head is, I wonder what it tastes like? His momentary hesitation costs him as they close in. He shouts "Our lunch is approaching, arm yourselves, and find butter!" He starts retreating backwards towards the rest of the group.

OOC
Lookspring initiative (1d20 3=4)
I'll start moving backwards away from the fish men towards the rest of the group.

BigB

First Post
The serene and sullen sea ripples just below the surface of the water 5ft from Lookspring, 4 humanoids with rows of teeth gleeming are climbing out. The air grows foul with the stench of rotting fish. The creatures are covered in slimy, bulbous flesh and have vestigial fins.

ooc:Lookspring is the only group member to act in surprise round as he succeeded a spot check. Rowan will still get a AoO with guisarme.

Surprise round the creatures climb out of the water and ambush the group 1 attacking Lookspring, 1 attacking Phoenix and 2 attacking Rowan.

#1 - init 20 - attack Lookspring biting into him as he retreats. 8 pts damage.

#3 - init 14 - attack Rowan but its teeth do not penetrate his armor.

#4 - init 11 - attack Phoenix biting her hard. 11 pts damage.

#2 - init 9 - attack Rowan finding flesh with its razor teeth. 10 pts damage.

Lookspring -

ooc: need initiative rolls for Phoenix and Rowan for round 1.

Remove ads