Sinister Spire(con't RBD)(Orsal Judging)

BigB

First Post
The dwarf hearing both the tall storng human and the woman declare the destination seems a bit confused. "Rikaryons Isle. No one comes back from there." Then she seems to be more holding a conversation with herself "Perhaps the sun warts might live long enough.....although I need to ensure the boat returns....hmmm" addressing the group once again "this is my deal One of my men stays with the boat and you bring me two mushrooms back."

Phoenix8008

First Post
"I'm okay with that deal if my friends are and I can see your man staying with the boat. But if there is any treachery or thoughts of abandonning us there, I promise you will live to regret it... for awhile at least." Phoenix finishes as she looks to the others for their thoughts while mentally adding two mushrooms to the ten which they already needed for their mission.

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan smiles, happy to have gotten a free rental. Of course, who knows how hard it will be to gather the mushrooms. Rowan doesn't much care for these underground people, though, and doesn't really care if they pay this woman back or not.

He nods at Phoenix's words, and is ready to set sail. This man she sends could help them handle the boat as well.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Muttering to himself about how much more work diplomacy makes for them, Lookspring follows the others to the boat. He doesn't like the idea of having a stranger along with them, especially one that could make off with the boat and leave them stranded.

BigB

First Post
The female dwarf head back laughing :lol: Mocks Lookspring...."Little one perhaps you would prefer to swim, no?"

One of the other dwarves readies the boat and holds it steady for the group to climb in. Once everyone is seated he jumps in and grabs the oars and begins rowing to the island.

Sprouting up through a layer of turgid black ooze near the beach are small, yellow protrusions as wide and thick as human fingers. Luminescent green mushrooms with blue caps crowd the island, probably knee high to a human near the waters edge but slowly increasing in size inland. They reach heights of 40' or more at the isles crowded center. A blue haze lights the air around them.

The dwarf states "I will wait out a bit offshore and approach the beach upon your return for you to board."

The narrow beach is composed of a finely intertwined mesh of fibers from which the fingerlike protrusions grow. The ground is spongy but firm. A smell like yeast and citrus commingled, bracing in intensity, issues from the ground. Thin at the islands boundary but thicker beneath the luminescent mushrooms, a blue glow suffuses the air and stings the throat.

ooc:fortitude checks needed for everyone. :-S

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Rowan fort save 9+9=18

"Well. Here goes nothing. You can hitch a ride on my back, Lookspring, if the water's too deep for you." says Rowan.

He climbs over the side and tries to walk ashore.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Not one to pass up an offer to stay dry, Lookspring leaps onto Rowans back and clings tenaciously until they reach the beach. He takes a deep breath, sneezes, and rubs his nose. "The air is being full of spores. It is making my skin itch." Once the others have joined him, he begins searching the area for signs of anything else living on this island.

OOC -
Looking for tracks, bones, animal trails, or anything else that could indicate that we are not alone.
Lookspring Fortitude Save (1d20 4=23)
Lookspring Island Survival or Search check (1d20 8=17)

BigB

First Post
Rowan finds his footing in the spongy material making up the beach, with Lookspring on his back makes his way inland.

ooc: need fort save for Phoenix

[sblock=Lookspring]No sign of anything here.[/sblock]

The trunks of the green mushrooms grow in thick clumps, but the spaces between clumps are wide enough to squeeze through. Just barely so for Rowan as even Lookspring has difficulty. Movement is at half normal speed and unable to hustle or run.

Remove ads