• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Six Nights to Yearsend (Ptolus Group A)

farmboymdp

First Post
Morty follows Kaeso closely down the stairs and to the foray.

Initiative check: 25

If Morty goes before anyone else, he will use summon monster V to summon two giant fiendish crocodiles (with Deceptive Summons and Fiendish Legion) as close to the enemy spellcaster he can see. He will use Cloudy Conjuration to place the sickening clouds in the spellcaster's space, and in one of the warriors space if it is possible.

[sblock=Giant Fiendsih Crocodiles]Hit Dice: 7d8+42+14 (87 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares), swim 30 ft.
Armor Class: 16 (–2 size, +1 Dex, +7 natural), touch 9, flat-footed 15
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+23
Attack: Bite +13 melee (2d8+17) or tail slap +13 melee (1d12+17)
Full Attack: Bite +13 melee (2d8+17) or tail slap +13 melee (1d12+17)
Space/Reach: 15 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab, smite good 1/day (+7)
Special Qualities: Hold breath, low-light vision, darkvision 60 ft., DR 5/magic, fire & cold resistance 5, SR 12
Saves: Fort +11, Ref +6, Will +3
Abilities: Str 31, Dex 12, Con 23, Int 3, Wis 12, Cha 2
Skills: Hide +1*, Listen +5, Spot +5, Swim +18
Feats: Alertness, Endurance, Skill Focus (Hide)[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
Initiative if needed:
Initiative (1d20+5=17)

Kaeso will go down the stairs, and stops at the bottom as he looks for something to attack. Dodge is activated on the closest enemy (which can be Davian if he's the closest, as Kaeso considers him an enemy at this point).

(onlythestrong): I think it was a great idea, lol. Unfortunately Kaeso is quite suspicious of the law since the incident in prison, so I didn't see any way around having him be hostile to Davian. Good way for them to meet though!

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
ooc: no worries. I doubt I'm the closest, as I am barely in the doorway.

Action: If Davian sees and recognizes the group, then he will remove the hat and attack the intruders. No point in getting attacked by both sides :)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
With a billow of dark smoke, two large crocodiles appear inside the center of the party's home. Unfortunately they aren't small enough to comfortable fit inside the structure and the surrounding walls crack and bend as the two writhing creatures roar and snap at the trio of robbers. The invaders shout out in fear and anger as claws and teeth begin to snap at their magical stone armor. A tail whips at an angle, swiping out a section of a wall and causing Morty to leap back up the stairs and towards Kaeso. The two men are nearly rocked off their feet as the staircase begins to buckle.

Luna is almost smothered by falling plaster and brick, but Davian drops his disguise as he sees the deceased Tagret's ally and runs into the hallway and pulls the elven maiden to safety. Through the dust and chaos, Luna and Davian peer inside and see the buckling staircase that Morty and Kaeso are balancing upon begin to splinter.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Perhaps you should find a back way out? Davian yells to the duo on the stairs. Davian scrambles to recover his hat of disguise, promptly slaps it on Luna's head and drags her outside the house. Hat of disguise lass, use it quickly.

OOC: Okay, that seems like alot of actions lol. I hope I didn't overstep my bounds.

farmboymdp

First Post
Morty jumps off the crumbling staircase onto the floor. "No! Bad crocodiles!" he yells at his summoned beasts. He shouts at them again, in a demonic and unholy language that sounds odd coming from his mouth. "I said 'grapple'! 'Grapple', damn you!"

Morty will follow Luna and the new stranger out the back way if it looks like the group of invaders is sufficiently subdued. If not, let the fighting continue.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The crocodiles continue to rage and attempt to grapple with the robbers, but are only somewhat successful due to a lack of room. They seem to do more structural damage and smack into the spellcaster rather than be able to snatch those opponents into their jaws. However, the results of the struggle disappear once more into a cloud of sawdust as the staircase collapses, causing Morty and Kaeso to fall back into an upper room. The two take no more chances as the floor also begins to buckle and both decide to take a leap through a large window in what was once Percival's room (-3 hps to Morty and Kaeso). They tumble passed Davian and Luna, who join them outside as the robbers and crocodiles continue their now-unseen struggle.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Excellent exit my friends! I will introduce myself later, right now we need to find a new place to stay. I only have one hat of disguise, so we must hurry before people come to look at what is going on here. Davian helps Morty and Kaeso to their feet.

Dekana

Explorer
Kaeso Drionus: 39/112, AC: 23, Fort: 10, Ref: 4, Will: 4

Kaeso accepted the newcomer's help in rising to his feet, somewhat stunned by the absurdity of what was going on. Our house! Did Morty do that on purpose?! "Wow... nice job distracting them Morty. Although you must have been a terror practicing spells in whatever school you learned magic in."
Then to the newcomer, "Well whoever you are, run fast if you want to keep up with us. We have a date with a Fate Weaver."

Remove ads