Slaves of the Dragon (orsal judging)

Velmont

First Post
Leaving Jack do his work, Opale continue to discuss with the druid kobold. "Yes, there is the Red Dragon Inn. But be aware that some people there will gladly help you, and other are more the kind to shoot first and ask questions later when they meet your kind. There still work to do between the softskins and the kobold.

On my way back to Orussus, I'll find out Z'zess and his men, and sent it back to you."

Pbartender

First Post
Knight Otu said:
Continuing on, he comes to a door. Surprisingly, he finds no further traps. Opening it, he finds...

... a room obviously, but sparsly, furnished for a human. A desk full with books and papers, a bed, and a chest are the only visible pieces of furniture. A second door leads further to the northwest. Behind it, Jack finds another chest. He finds no further traps in either room.

With everyone else busy making the world a better place for kobolds and humans to live togerther in peace and harmony, Jack takes care of the mundane and unpleasant business end of adventuring -- making a methodical and tenaciously thorough search of Eskaron's lair for anything of value that can be returned to the villagers or claimed and later sold for a profit. After all... even heroes need to fill their bellies and pay their bills.

OOC: Jack Takes 20 on a search check through the room and the "closet" with the second chest.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Katherine will hang back to let Jack find and disarm traps (though she may offer to use her whip to trip anything needed from a distance) but doublechecks the rooms with Detect Secret Doors activated. (just in case, no offense.)

Knight Otu

First Post
(Nimisgod, Pbartender, did you get the email regarding Erekose?)

Jack finds no further traps. The first chest contains clothing, mostly fine robes. The papers on the desk appear like battleplans, financing plans, lists, and a few letters. The books cover a number of topics, including the arcane, architecture and draconic powers. Beneath the bed, he finds a lever. After a short examination, Jack comes to the conclusion that this disarms and rearms the blade trap he saw earlier.

It is the second chest, finally, that contains the hoard. Gold coins, gems, and other small valuables are most prominent, but a seperate compartment holds a shortsword, sized for kobolds, with faint draconic writing across the blade, a headband depicting a watchful human eye, and a tiny silver figurine of a raven.

Katherine's spell shows no secret door. She translates the draconic writing on the sword as "Cleanser."

Pbartender

First Post
Knight Otu said:
(Nimisgod, Pbartender, did you get the email regarding Erekose?)

OOC: Yes.

Knight Otu said:
Gold coins, gems, and other small valuables are most prominent, but a seperate compartment holds a shortsword, sized for kobolds, with faint draconic writing across the blade, a headband depicting a watchful human eye, and a tiny silver figurine of a raven.

Jack displays the sword and the headband before Katherine with a queried look, "Magical?"

Velmont

First Post
Opale looks at the found treasure. When Jack asks Katerine, she says "Don't waste your magic. I can cast my spell and mine can only be use to do that. Not sure if we will need more magic today, but yours is more flexible."

On that, she cast detect Magic, trying to find the strength and nature of any magic on the items.

Velmont

First Post
"This is no cheap weapon, basic enchantment on weapon gives only a faint aura. That one is nice, without being exceptionnal. The headband most likely affect the mind of the user. it can gives him enhanced intellect of gives access to some knowledge or awarness. The raven seems more a magical trinkets. Might be usefull in the good circumstance but I don't expect it to be something impressive." tells Opale. "Maybe Katerine might gives us more detail on these items. You've traveled and heard more stories than any of us, maybe some might help us to understand the magic behind."

Once Katerine have given more information about the items, or have told she can't find anything else, Opale adds.

"We have two choices, keep these items or sells them to help the villagers build back there village. If we choose the first, i doubt we will be able to split it evenly either."

Remove ads