Slaves of the Dragon (orsal judging)

Knight Otu

First Post
The kobold looks at Opale as though she was speaking in tongues. "As long as we live peacefully, nothing. We have no more claim to Eskaron's hoard."

Velmont

First Post
"If you want." says Opale to the kobold. "I suggest we identify the item first with the money from the horde, then evaluate these items. After that, we see how much each should have from the total money. Once we have split the value, you are free to do what you want with your share, that would include 'buy' the item. If no one want the item, we sell it. If one person want it, he keep it, and the value is part of his share. If more than one want the item, we will have to discuss out who get it... by the way, anyone have thought to look at Eskaron, maybe he would have otehr valuable on him."

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Pbartender said:
"Probably not a very good idea to leave that sword floating around, then, huh?" Jack muses, as he looks around at the other heroes. "Any ideas about what to do with it? It's certainly valuable."
Katherine shrugs. "En is almost as full of dangerous humans who need to be fought as any other race, it seems to me." She glances at her ring hand for a moment but gives a deliberately cheerful grin. "As long as we make sure it is not enscrolled to cause the weilder to seek out the destruction of all humans, I see no reason not to treat it as any other specialized weapon."

Pbartender

First Post
Knight Otu said:
The kobold looks at Opale as though she was speaking in tongues. "As long as we live peacefully, nothing. We have no more claim to Eskaron's hoard."

"Suit yourself," Jack concedes with a shrug. "Besides, the Grentoners won't have enough to share a little, if you need it."

Kahuna Burger said:
Katherine shrugs. "En is almost as full of dangerous humans who need to be fought as any other race, it seems to me." She glances at her ring hand for a moment but gives a deliberately cheerful grin. "As long as we make sure it is not enscrolled to cause the weilder to seek out the destruction of all humans, I see no reason not to treat it as any other specialized weapon."

"Fair enough... Not like it's any special danger to me, anyway."

SlagMortar said:
Planus's eyes bulge at the amount. He says almost beneath his breath, "3800 for each?"

"Well, more like three thousand seven hundred fifty," Jack rubs his chin thoughtfully. "Minus about forty or fifty each if we hire a magician to identify the magical bits. Plus maybe another thousand, I'd guess, if nobody wants the magic and we sell them... I know a few good fences in Orusus that we can get top dollar from, by the way... That's more like forty seven hundred a piece, not counting anything interesting we find on Eskaron."

Velmont said:
"I suggest we identify the item first with the money from the horde, then evaluate these items. After that, we see how much each should have from the total money. Once we have split the value, you are free to do what you want with your share, that would include 'buy' the item. If no one want the item, we sell it. If one person want it, he keep it, and the value is part of his share. If more than one want the item, we will have to discuss out who get it... by the way, anyone have thought to look at Eskaron, maybe he would have otehr valuable on him."

"That's the usual agreement, but there's no reason to not divide the cash out now," Jack agrees. "Wait here, and I'll go check Eskaron... Back in a moment."

Take 20 Search check on Eskaron: 26

Jack's already got the monetary wealth separated out into eight sacks for each of the adventurers and the rest in Eskaron's chest for Grentoners. A small purse of coins is set aside for hiring a wizard to identify the sword, headband and statuette.

Knight Otu

First Post
"You will want to check the kobolds in the first hall as well. I don't know the specifics, but I believe some had magic items as well."

Eskaron wore a robe that seems plain, but still ominous. You also find a letter that seems to address a sister. On the kobolds in the "pool" room, you find the priest's masterwork breastplate, masterwork buckler and masterwork shortspear. In the first room, you gather a masterwork studded leather, 1 potion, masterwork spear, masterwork light hammer, masterwork battleaxe and a masterwork quarterstaff. On one kobold, you find a strange, ash-gray talon.

Detect magic:
[sblock]
The robe is magical,
[sblock=Spellcraft 18]Moderate necromancy[/sblock]
the buckler is magical,
[sblock=Spellcraft 16]Faint abjuration[/sblock]
the potion is magical,
[sblock=Spellcraft 15]Faint conjuration (healing)[/sblock]
the talon is magical,
[sblock=Spellcraft 16]Faint divination and illusion[/sblock]
and the quarterstaff is magical.
[sblock=Spellcraft 16]Faint evocation from a single end[/sblock]
[/sblock]

If everyone is ok with that, the next post will fast-forward to the end, tying up any actions you want to take.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"All kobold's weapon and armor and to small for most of us. I think you won't have much competition if you wnat something in it, Jack. For the magical items, here what I see..." (OOC:Look at the Spoiler box under...) "I still think we should identify all these items before deciding what to do with it." she tells, knowing that the word necromancy bring more hated than it should, as anything, it is how you use a tool that make it good or evil.

[SBLOCK=OOC]All Spellcraft rolls are between 19 and 21 and for the potion a 15... you edit your post behind my back KO?

I suggest we gives the money to the village, gives a little help if they need to rebuild there home and then travel back to Orussus. On the wya back, find Z'zess, explain what happened and if he seems to accept the new way of life of the tribe, free him. Finally, go back to Orussus, identify the item and finish the split of the treasures.[/SBLOCK]

Pbartender

First Post
OOC: Sounds good to me.

Jack, with the discovery of the additional magic items, adjusts the shares of money and sets aside a total of one thousand gold coins to allow for their magical identification.

OOC: With 1,000 gp set aside to hire somenoe to ID the magic items, that leaves 30,000 gp for the villagers and kobolds (easily enough to rebuild the village and then some), and a 3,625 gp share for each character, before selling any magic items.

KO... Are all the armor and weapons kobold-sized? Or are some of them human-sized?

Last edited:

Remove ads