Slaves of the Dragon (orsal judging)

nimisgod

LEW Judge
When the party starts laying out the masterwork loot from the lair, Veras-Re steps forward and starts laying in a seperate but visible pile all the masterwork items he had taken from previous kobold encounters (before they entered the lair).

-- Small Falchion (75gp, 4 lb)
-- Small Masterwork Spear (301 gp, 3 lb)
-- Small Masterwork Morningstar (308gp, 3 lb)
-- Small Scythe (18gp, 5 lb)
-- Small Greataxe (20 gp, 6 lb)
-- Small Long sword (15gp, 2 lb)

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
"Wow." Farid is visibly impressed by the amount of money they've come across. "These are some very nice weapons too, though I can't really use them."

ooc: my craft (weaponsmithing) will come in handy eventually! ;)

Knight Otu

First Post
Velmont said:
[SBLOCK=OOC]you edit your post behind my back KO? [/SBLOCK]
(Only to add the potion, which I forgot.)
Pbartender said:
KO... Are all the armor and weapons kobold-sized? Or are some of them human-sized?
(The robe and headband are human-sized. The armor and weapons are kobold/halfling-sized)

Quickly, the loot is gathered, and along with the villagers and the kobold heretic, the group returns to Grenton. As it turns out, Jakub and Sina are already there. "You wouldn't recognize her, " the merchant says, "nothing is left of her fright. Somehow, she knew that I'd come to Orussus, and that Grenton is free." He also relays that a new shop has opened in Orussus, and that a Tournament is taking place, eyeing Opale as he says that.

The group makes a plan on how to bring the portion of the loot to the other villages, and Jakub offers to do that.

Eskaron's letter seems to be directed at his sister, and must be the latest in a row. He "again" says that he is not interested in joining her "new friends, no matter how powerful they pretend to be. In the end, they are humans. And while I appreciate what you tried to do for me in killing this witch, I am no longer Eron, no longer human. Unlike you, I have been cleansed."

Asking about Z'zess' fate, they hear where he and his troop is imprisoned. If vouched for, they could be released for 300 gold.

Identificating the found magic items:

[sblock]
The Cleanser is a +1 humanbane shortsword sized for kobolds
The headband is a Headband of Wisdom +2 (as periapt of Wisdom, but takes the headband slot; no change in market price)
The figurine is a Figurine of Wondrous Power - A silver raven
The robe is a robe of bones [Evil]
The buckler is a +1 buckler
The quarterstaff is a +1/+0 quarterstaff (only one end enchanted)
The potion is a potion of cure light wounds (Caster level 1st)
The talon is some kind of identifying mark, only useful to its rightful owner, at best a curiosity to others (it could be sold for 10 gold)
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"So, my brother finally did his tournament. He talk about it for a year now, even before he moved to Orussus. Personally, i'll take my share and go free Z'zess. If someone want to share the liberation fee, he is welcome to join me. I'll take the potion instead of the money that come for it if no one else is interested by it. If I have competition, I'll leave it to him."
[SBLOCK=Treasure]For the treasure, we got
Code:
money	30000
breastplate, mw	175
buckler +1	582.5
studded leather, mw	87.5
shortspear, mw	150.5
spear, mw	151
light hammer, mw	150.5
battleaxe, mw	155
quatterstaff +1	1150
shortsword +1, hmanbane	4155
headband of wisdom +2	2000
figurine	1900
robe of bone	1200
talon	5
potion x3	75
falchion	37.5
spear, mw	150.5
morningstar, mw	154
scythe	9
greataxe	10
longsword	7.5

Total	42305.5
Now, we need to reduce this amount by the identification cost and then deivide it per 8, which should be higher than 5000 per person. You can buy back any item in this list for the shown price (just be sure, if it is a weapon or an armor, it is the good size for you) and also, no item can be bought by two persons.

Also, the buckler can be sold for 699 if no one take it at di Senzio's magic shop (or someone can buy it to sell it after for profit...) (ok, that's publicity :p )

Opale is only interested by the potion of Cure Light Wounds.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Tournament]By the way, just for your information, you can join the tournament at any time (you can always be a spectator), and you can enter a contest the event hasn't started yet, which mean presently, you can join all except crafting, joust and very soon, the race.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
Oops, while reading back to see how much time Xp you should get, I noticed that you conquered two potions from another spellcaster - those are cure light wounds as well.

Here's the XP breakdown; I believe everyone gets a level
1000 XP time 2nd levelers/1500 XP time 3rd levelers
67 XP Grenton Fire
500 XP Post-Fire Events
94 XP first underground battle
506 XP second underground battle
703 XP last underground battle

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Quarion Holimion, Elven Druid

Quarion and Garma reunite after the battle with Eskaron and his minions. Garma looks more than ready to devour the raw meat on the bones of the fallen kobolds, but Quarion, showing no fear of his lupine companion, places his hand in between Garma's jaws, stopping him from eating. The elf looks strangely at the kobold druid who helped him and the team of adventurers. He says to Garma in Sylvan, "Navousai, Garma. Tae da eines til yr'Verdante... com da wae." The wolf looks disappointed, but he knows Verdante will have food for him when they return to the surface, and probably better fare than tough lizard flesh.

Quarion stands back from the others in quiet contemplation, one slender hand always stroking Garma's grey coat. He lets them figure out the treasure distribution; money and finances never interested him. Whatever his share, he would quickly spend it on items to help him thrive in the wilderness, cold metal holds little value to hungry bears.

As the adventurers and their allies part, Quarion specifically seeks out the kobold druid and bows to him. No words leave his mouth, but his regal, superior attitude has clearly been quelled.

Once the fate of Z'zess and the others is discovered, Quarion is the first to offer part of his share for their release. And he also lays a claim to the headband, if nobody else desires it. The less gold in Quarion's pocket, the better.

[sblock=OOC: ]I'm back! Sorry for taking such a long leave of absence. I hate to come back just when treasure is being distributed. I think this was a good adventure, though I'm sure KO will think twice before allowing so many people to join up. We got through it alright, though. Personally, I liked being able to play an arrogant, racist elf and having a good reason for him to change to a more open-minded fellow. Being too proud gets annoying after a while...

A question about treasure distribution: If Quarion takes the headband (valued at 4000gp) does he subtract the 4000gp market price from his share or the 2000gp selling price? The latter makes sense, but for some reason I remember the former being... the rule. And experience will be distributed after everybody's last posts, I suppose.

Good game, everyone.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]
Rae ArdGaoth said:
A question about treasure distribution: If Quarion takes the headband (valued at 4000gp) does he subtract the 4000gp market price from his share or the 2000gp selling price? The latter makes sense, but for some reason I remember the former being... the rule. And experience will be distributed after everybody's last posts, I suppose.

There is no rule about distribution, but what make sense is bying it back at the selling price, so you should deduce 2000 gp from your sahre of the loot (as it is what it would have brought to the group.)
[/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]By the way, I plan to take Craft Wonderous Item for my feat of level 3. If you want something, I can create you something.[/SBLOCK]

SlagMortar

First Post
"I'll flip you for the head band," says Planus pulling a silver piece from his pocket. "Crown you can take it, flame I will."

OOC: Thanks KO for another great adventure. You did a terrific job managing all the people. Cool villian, too.

Knight Otu

First Post
SlagMortar said:
Cool villian, too.
A bit sad that Jack guessed his nature right away, though he was guessing several things, so it was almost a given he'd guess right. I do wonder how many of you realized his true nature before it became truly known, though.

Swift bump for everyone.

Remove ads