Smallville 1-18-06 - "Justice"

Taelorn76

First Post
tvguide.com said:
The Green Arrow, Impulse, Aquaman and Cyborg try to destroy LuthorCorp's secret laboratory, but Impulse (Kyle Gallner) is captured and tortured by Lex, prompting the others to joins forces as a team to rescue him. Green Arrow: Justin Hartley. Aquaman: Alan Ritchson. Cyborg: Lee Thompson Young.

This is the episode most of have been waiting for. We get a taste of the future. Can't wait

WayneLigon

Adventurer
That was freaking amazing. Finally, everything starts to come together :)

Chloe in the Watchtower. I so want her to wind up in a wheelchair and get the codename 'Oracle'.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
This is the first episode of Smallville I've watched in two seasons (I tuned in because of the JLA hype). I actually didn't hate it, but I certainly remembered why I stopped watching this show- mainly the overly played melodrama, but also the oddness of the writing. Clark has no problems rifling through Bart's stuff to try and figure out what he's doing, but rather than covertly use his x-ray vision, he actually has to walk over to try and pick up the bag, conveniently giving Bart enough time to snatch it away? :p

Other than that, it was okay. I would have liked to have seen more of the Super-Justice-Friends, actually (and not just dramatic shots of them walking away in a group from big explosions- what is the conceit in tv these days that requires every show to have shots like those? I call them the Angel shots, since that's the first place I recall really seeing them- in the opening credits of Angel. Torchwood, Smallville... anyway.)

I like the guy playing Green Arrow, but I wish the writers would decide whether he's the playboy Oliver Queen/GA or just another angsty Smallvillian Clark. One of the things I love about Green Arrow (in the comic) is that, unlike Clark/Superman or Bruce/Batman, his persona is almost identical in or out of costume (with the exception of his "dark" Longbow Hunter days). I think that would really play well in this show if they'd go with that.

I wonder if they're going to try a JLA pilot, since the Aquaman one didn't go anywhere (at least the Aquaman guy got to reprise his role here, since he was being bumped out of the proposed series; good for him, even if he isn't a great actor). I would probably tune in to that, provided they toned down the melodrama.

At the end, when Chloe said "You've got some amazing friends," Clark's response should have been, "No- I've got some super friends." That would have been cool. :)

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I was happy with it, good to see them in their colors and good to see Chloe showing off her abilities. Yea, their are issues, Clark not using his powers to appear smarter than he is, I keep hoping.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Cthulhudrew said:
since the Aquaman one didn't go anywhere (at least the Aquaman guy got to reprise his role here, since he was being bumped out of the proposed series; good for him, even if he isn't a great actor).

Wrong guy. The guy playing Green Arrow in Smallville was the guy starring in the Aquaman pilot.

I thought this was a pretty good episode. I especially liked the various bits of banter between the proto-JLA.

"All I get are fish jokes."

"You make for one heck of a can-opener."

"That's why we call him Impulse."

"Boy Scout?"
"If you'd have stuck around, you could have picked your own code-name."

Haven't watched the last two episodes (taped 'em for viewing at somepoint), but it was rather nice to see Lex being in villain mode, especially when explaining his "lofty goals" to Lionel.

I agree that storywise Clark not telling the others about the Zoners was a bad idea, but sadly budget-wise it was necessary. Besides, how else can that mysterious Oreo-munching glowing-red-eyes stranger help Clark out if the Boy of Steel's got a full posse watching his back?

Grymar

Explorer
One of the better episodes. Hopefully it was good enough that I'll be able to stomach the renewed...
[sblock] Clark-Lana thing that I've heard is coming back hardcore. I'm so tired of that.[/sblock]

But either way, I really liked this episode. I hope Oliver isn't gone for long, he's brought a good new energy to the show.

Remove ads