Smallville 1-18-06 - "Justice"

Cthulhudrew

First Post
LightPhoenix said:
It wasn't terrible, but it was a little hokey. Those costumes though, hork. Green Arrow wasn't bad, but the rest... oof.

Aquaman's was fine, although you can't really screw up an orange shirt and pants.

LightPhoenix said:
It wasn't terrible, but it was a little hokey. Those costumes though, hork. Green Arrow wasn't bad, but the rest... oof.
Well, consider that aside from Green Arrow, the rest of them are still junior heroes, and haven't gotten fully up to speed as it were.

Besides, Impulse/Kid Flash's costume from the comics is just plain goofy, and Cyborg of the comics wears his metal on the outside. I'm not even gonna touch classic Aquaman's get-up.

At least they got the color schemes right on all of them.

Although after this episode, I wouldn't mind if after Smallville wraps they go to a JLA type series, perhaps bringing in some other DC universe heroes that aren't tied up in movie deals (Bats and WW). I think there's just enough chemistry between the lot (with Chloe reprising her Oracle-like role), that with some good writing and decent plots, could make for some entertaining viewing. The writing and plots would be the clincher though.

Fast Learner

First Post
I didn't expect Chloe to be involved at all, and that really made it for me, the Watchtower references and the codenames and such. I've always enjoyed the casual use of colored clothes on the show, better by far than actual costumes.

Remove ads