• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Smashed world casting call - finally running

Dr. Zoom

First Post
I would like to play a rogue. This will be my first online game, so I will learn as I go.

I will begin creating a character and wait for further instructions. :D

perivas

First Post
At this point in time, do we just submit characters via email? BTW, I thought that it wasn't important that we had individuals from every kingdom and that it was just a nicety.

I was also under the impression that the rogue was to be a secret choice. Hmm. Anyhow, due to your restrictions regarding items, I believe that no one will be starting with any sort of magical weapon. What about arrows, bolts, sling bullets or darts? What if we get less than 50, on a pro-rata basis, it would cost less than 2000gp...or is there a strong reason to ban magical weapons on your part?

In addition, an earlier post leads me to believe that only the cleric/paladin and druid/ranger factions will be entitled to curative potions. Is this correct? (If this is true, whoever ends up playing those classes, get some with your starting cash for your own sakes.)

Should we be buying or saving some cash for horses/mounts with our starting monies, as it seems like we will be traveling out of the valley shortly?

BTW, I believe that during the clarification of ability scores determination, there was an arithmetic mistake made. If minimum scores start at 3, each player should then get 62 (not 72) score points to add to his/her ability scores (i.e., 3x6 = 18; 18 + 62 = 80).

Zack2216

First Post
Argh. I really like the 90 points to put into whatever.

And another thing, I was wondering what feats my druid should have. I usually play a combat (melee) oriented druid. I don't want to mess this character up so I was wondering if you guys had any tips or possible feats.

Last edited:

perivas

First Post
Zack2216 said:
Argh. I really like the 90 points to put into whatever.

And another thing, I was wondering what feats my druid should have. I usually play a combat (melee) oriented druid. I don't want to mess this character up so I was wondering if you guys had any tips or possible feats.

Well, let's be realistic. But whenever I've played in a campaign where everyone has high ability scores, the fighter is usually eclipsed in all manners. Let's face it...if we have an average stat of 15, the fighter would be worthless. Part of the reason for lower stats is to let the fighter be the fighter, when people are under pressure to sacrafice physical stats to have a good primary stat for their class, it lets the fighter shine in his/her area of expertise. After all, everyone with a 18 str and an 18 con would be a good fighter, even without the class. Without high stats, the clerics/druids/mages/bards have the spend their points on a mental trait and will not be able to have their cake and eat it too.

It's probably best for everyone to keep to the 80 points total for this reason. I personally believe that 80 points may already be too much (from a DM point of view). It usually takes extra work to beef up the monsters from the MM adequately to pose a challenge for players in a game of high stats. So that's why I appreciate using lower stats when I DM or when I'm a player.

Dual scimitars can be fun, as can a great cleaving scythe. Practically speaking, in a miniature setting, which I don't know if this campaign is going to be (due to the nature of its forum), it's good to use hold-the-line with a long spear. The essentials like improved initiative and weapon foci always help out in combat.

Zack2216

First Post
Am I allowed to have a Dire Bat as my companion?

Other than that, I think I am ready to play. I have my stats picked out, my skills, feats, and spells picked out and everything. I am ready when you guys are(unless I need personality and history->I don't like those. I can deal with personality, but my histories tend to be lacking.)

Last edited:

I might try out the fighter/barbarian if it’s still open.
I don’t have much experience on these short of games, but if you don’t mind a newbie tagging along, I’m in.

Rathan

First Post
Ok....I've desided to be the rogue of the party.... I have a few questions tho..

1.) Does anyone mind me playing seeing as Im new to the RPing on the boards thingie?

2.) How do you want Hit Points Done?

3.) How long do you antisapate this campign to last?

Also I'm gonna post my character here in a bit to let you take a look-see and make sure I haven't forgotten anything.....:D

Rathan

First Post
darnit all...I've put sooo much time into making this Rogue..... ask DarkWolf... he helped me cause I wasn't sure how to go about it.....if it's alright with him..I'd like to play the rogue..... would you mind letting me play the rogue please Dr. Doom??? pretty pretty pretty please..... :D

Remove ads