So gonna buy "Of Sound Mind"

ProfAnime

Move along, nothing to see here
I will probably get it. Do not know if I will run it as is, or if I will just use it for ideas on how to mesh psionics into the game better than I am right now, or what I have seen before.

The Player handouts look excellent Piratecat. Can't wait to see the rest of the product now.

Jeez, why would I buy anything by Piratecat?

I mean, he's only one of the most imaginative, interesting DMs and scenario-designers in the history of the entire freakin' planet, with non-linear gameplay, cool combat, well-developed NPCs, fleshed out worlds...

ahem, Yeah, I think I'll buy it. Just maybe. :rolleyes:

Klaus

First Post
P-kitty's adventure was a real treat to illustrate, with not ONE boring scene in the whole length of it (even the tavern scene was non-clichéd! :D )

Who knows, I may even be able to convert my players in psionicophiles! (and that's really saying something!)

Later today, grab your OSM wallpaper!

Fiery James

First Post
OF SOUND MIND

OF SOUND MIND is currently in White Wolf's warehouse, so distributors and retailers should be getting in any time now.

Talon, of course, is right - the official release date is Jan. 28, so it should be on most shelves within the next 10 days.

For those who don't run psionics campaigns, I'll say that even though this adventure features some psionics in it, it's very easily adapted for non-psionics use. As it's a low-level adventure, it's really pretty easy to tweak for any campaign.

My opinion? The adventure is fantastic and should be purchased by everyone!! :) Of course, I may be a bit biased -- so here's what Bruce Cordell has to say about it:

OF SOUND MIND is a perfect adventure for low level players, made all the more so if you intend to introduce psionics to your game. The pages are full of wonderful instructions for tweaking the scenario to fit any campaign. Kevin takes real pains to help the game master introduce psionics specifically (though he also offers easy alternatives for game masters who might prefer a completely arcane scenario). I enjoyed Kevin’s literary style, especially in the way the encounters are detailed, and in the fluid way one encounter flows into the next.

The interesting handouts, combined with special instructions for “DM theater” is something any game master will appreciate. For instance, when PCs are subject to insidious mental voices, the adventure tells the DM to stand, walk up behind the player, and whisper the message into the player’s ear. It’s great!

If you are reading this after having purchased the adventure, you made a good decision, and your players will thank you for it. If you’re reading this trying to decide whether this adventure is for you, I counsel you to hesitate no longer. Get this adventure, and add psionics to your campaign. OF SOUND MIND is exceptional.

Bruce R. Cordell
Seattle, Washington

So, how's that sound?

Last edited:

Dr Midnight

Explorer
I am most definitely buying this. Might buy two! I'm a fond supporter of P-cat AND Fiery Dragon, so even though I don't like/play psionics, I'll buy it, learn the psi-stuff, and play it with my group.

FDP Mike

First Post
Well, knowing what I know about Of Sound Mind, I would most certainly buy it!

Then again, I don't have to . . . . But I would, honest! :D

I've mentioned this to Kevin (and the other FDP guys) both in personal email and on the FDP boards: I cannot speak highly enough about OSM.

Kevin's writing is evocative, engaging, and so assured. He not only weaves a fabulous plot and story, but he's created a wonderful starting campaign area with intriguing characters, multiple potential further plot lines, and a great history that lends the area a rich atmosphere -- and the PCs, even though low-level, get the chance to do something truly heroic for this campaign area, to become part of its history in a significant way.

Psionics or not, OSM is just good, solid, fun fantasy. :)

I know that James and Jason are pushing OSM here, but FDP's also got The Psionics Toolkit by Mike Mearls coming out in February, and this might just form the perfect complement to Kevin's great adventure -- especially if, as some of you have noted, psionics is not yet a part of your game. We may even see some "crossover" between the two products in the upcoming installments of the OSM trilogy . . . but that's up to Kevin, of course! ;)

I'm telling ya, goblins have never been so nasty. ::shudder::

Now, I just need to go visit Jason and get my hands on those copies of OSM . . . . :D

Remove ads