So just what do we know so far about the Star Wars TV series?

Mercule

Adventurer
Zaukrie said:
Anyone know what network this series is supposed to be on? I may need to finally break down and get cable/satellite.

Probably Fox. They'll put it on Friday, 7:00, then pull it after 6 episodes. </sarcasm>

reveal

Adventurer
It looks like Lucas wants an Australian actor named Matt Newton to be the lead.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news05/050523d.php

George Lucas has done an 'availability check' on Aussie actor Matthew Newton ("Looking for Alibrandi", "Queen of the Damned", TV's "Farscape") to see if he's free for his upcoming 100 episode "Star Wars" TV series reports Moviehole.

Whilst Newton hasn't made the crossover into Hollywood, the actor has come close several times with only his reluctance to spend a year in New Zealand keeping him from playing one of the "Lord of the Rings" hobbits, and talk that he was Lucas' second choice for the part of Anakin Skywalker in the "Star Wars" films.

Newton, 28, is likely being considered for a leading hero role in the series, believed to be centering on all-new characters. The actor will next be seen in John Dahl's much delayed "The Great Raid."

Henry

Autoexreginated
Whisperfoot said:
Hey now, leave Boba Fett out of this. Thanks to his armor, he was able to avoid most of the damage from the sarlac's stomach, and thanks to the weapons still on his suit, he was able to blast his way out. That one is totally plausible.

Pfft. Fanboy. ;)

Some people have wondered how he's going to keep a TV series in-budget, but the funny thing is, if he shot a whole season at once, and parcelled it out over 22 episodes, it becomes VERY affordable (think he could do it for about 22 million dollars?)

EDIT - on second thought, if he keeps pushing for "100 episodes" then it sounds like he's going for a FULL-BLOWN 100 million dollar budget and planning to shoot enough footage for 100 one-hour episodes.

EP 3 is the final movie my REAR END! :)

Last edited:

Klaus

First Post
I really liked that the EU kept Fett going.

Of course, Dark Horse put out some bantha poo comics for him, like the Bounty of Bar Kooda (get it? "bar-cooda"? That's SO clever!).

Ranger REG

Explorer
Henry said:
EP 3 is the final movie my REAR END! :)
Final SW movie? Nah.

Final SW movie that George Lucas will chair as writer and director? Maybe.

The Star Wars franchise will thrive through his children for years. I just hope they don't get all "Christopher Tolkien" about his works.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I remeber seeing Adi Gallia's speederbike being destroyed but I never saw her body. Could she have survived and reappear on the tv-show? I wanted Aayla to survive also and was very disappointed to see her die.

fett527

First Post
I do not want this series to focus on any Jedi. As much as I would drool over a Fett based series I don't think they should go that direction either. Having Bail Organa would be a good idea as he can carry a TV series quite well (as has been stated). I'd like to see an underground cell of the rebellion and how they have to operate under the new Empire.

Ranger REG

Explorer
fett527 said:
I do not want this series to focus on any Jedi. As much as I would drool over a Fett based series I don't think they should go that direction either. Having Bail Organa would be a good idea as he can carry a TV series quite well (as has been stated). I'd like to see an underground cell of the rebellion and how they have to operate under the new Empire.
I dunno. Star Wars without Jedi is like Star Trek without Starfleet.

Remove ads