D&D 5E So...Volo, Xanathar...who's next?

MechaPilot

Explorer
I'd like to see a Van Richten's Guide.

I think a book that focuses on horror gaming and on making monsters into prominent, compelling characters by making them more mechanically unique (for example, legendary and lair actions, unique weaknesses, etc.) and giving them greater RP presence would be great. They could even throw in some Darklords as examples.

Cyrinishad

Explorer
I'd like to see a Van Richten's Guide.

I think a book that focuses on horror gaming and on making monsters into prominent, compelling characters by making them more mechanically unique (for example, legendary and lair actions, unique weaknesses, etc.) and giving them greater RP presence would be great. They could even throw in some Darklords as examples.

Absolutely... +1 to this.

All good suggestions, I especially want a Van Richten's guide, if not more than one.

But I think the obvious answer for the author of the next guide will be Uncle Trapspringer.

gyor

Legend
Nazram World Walker, he was know for writing guides as well as Plane hopping, he was an Archwizard, thousands of years old, recently he helped the Gods of Mulhorand to overthrow High Imaskar.

Nezram's Guide to the Planes

I'd save Elminister for a more Tome of Magic type book like Elmisters Guide to Magic.

Nazram World Walker, he was know for writing guides as well as Plane hopping, he was an Archwizard, thousands of years old, recently he helped the Gods of Mulhorand to overthrow High Imaskar.

Nezram's Guide to the Planes

I'd save Elminister for a more Tome of Magic type book like Elmisters Guide to Magic.
Save Elminster for the garbage can. So very tired of him. I know he was Ed's Mary Sue but it has gotten VERY old.

Sent from my SM-T820 using EN World mobile app

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Who is Volo anyway. He was active before the spell plague which lasted 100 years before the sundering. Is this Volo one of his descendants, his great great grandson perhaps or was the original volo put into stasis waking up during the sundering (having lost a few wizard levels) and starting again with his travels.

Remove ads