So, what kind of loot did you get?

Aaron L

Hero
What were your favorite Christmas presents this year, if any?

Mine were bright red Converse AllStars, replacements for my worn out ripping-at-the-seems 3 year old pair. And the NewRadio seasons 1&1 DVD boxed set. One of my favorite TV shows, ever. The commentary with almost all the cast is amazing.

And a 25 dollar Waldenbooks gift card I'm just itching to buy a D&D book with.

And a bunch of beef jerky, and a bag of DIY jerky seasoning (can't wait to try that out!)

But probably the best thing I got was when my 2 1/2 year old niece Lila lit up when I assembled the miniature playpen for her babydolls that I got for her. She played with it all morning. :)

Let's everyone share what we got. Pretend you're a little kid again at Show&Tell.

Superman Returns DvD
Greatest Hits of the Eagles 2 CD set
High Lighters
Colonge
Calendar

yup- that is about it.

The smiles and utter joy on the kids faces with their Heroscape and Sewing Machine will last me until their B-days. Wife was very happy with her River Guide for Kayaking in Vermont and New Hampshire also.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
This stuff.

I also got M*A*S*H: The Martinis & Medicine Collection, Dead Mans Chest, Talladega Nights and the X-Men trilogy Box Set DVDs.

On top of all the gaming stuff I got the Durham's Place-Names of California's Central Coast and a voucher worth up to $200 for a DVD recorder.

Although out of everything I received, I really like the MASH set and the hotel & travel accomadations for GenCon '07.

Last edited:

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Frukathka said:
I also got M*A*S*H: The Martinis & Medicine Collection
I sooo want that! I heard it might go out of production, and I might not be able to get it before then. :(

My favourite present would probably be the 4-person outdoor setting that my parents got me and my wife. The 3m x 3m gazebo that my in-laws got us to sit under would probably run a close second.

My favourite personal presents would be Jenga and The Killer's album, "Sam's Town".

It was also a year of duplicates for me. My wife got me Season 6 of The Simpsons. A cool present except that I already have it sitting on the shelf (in plain sight if she just looked too! :) ). My wife and my Mum and Dad both got me a copy of The Killer's album "Sam's Town". I think there was a miscommunication there. And my sister got me a copy of a sports book that my Mum and Dad gave me the year before. Apart from having an extra year's info in there it is the exact same book. Fortunately they all can be returned and no-one was offended or embarrassed.

Olaf the Stout

Wombat

First Post
In the midst of a terrible year where I was not altogether sure I would see the end of it, I recieved such love and kindness that I am singularly humbled.

Physically, I recieved gifts of music, light, and an amazingly warm and soft towel (amongst other things). :)

Peace to you all. :)

buzzard

First Post
Got the Charlie Brown Holiday DVD collection. I'd been wanting that for a while but Costco had been overcharging for it. Also got a book on Patton that I wanted.

That's just from the GF. Owing to the Denver Blizzard I was unable to get out of town to visit the relatives, so I imagine I still have some packages due.

buzzard

chakken98

First Post
I got 2 pairs of pants, 4 shirts, $75 gift card to target....and thats it. I spent most of my money on the family before they had the chance to get stuff for me.

Remove ads