So, what kind of loot did you get?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
My parents went nutso this year- in addition to the expected turtles for my collection (you know, ceramics, carvings, etc.), they bought me an orange diamond.

I design jewelry as a hobby, and I went to UT Law, so I'm sort of a Longhorn. One of the jewelers I work with had one, but it was too big & expensive for me...

From the way they've been saying "just you wait!" I suspected they might get me one, but didn't expect it at all. The one I got was maybe half the size of the one I saw at the jeweler's, but its still suh-weeet!

I'm gonna have some fun with that!

I reciprocated by buying my Mom some Argentium tarnish-resistent casting silver for her own jewelry projects, and I bought my Dad the Acme Pen Jesse James West Coast Choppers Design for his pen collection, and the box set of Kurosawa films on DVD.

Harmon

First Post
One gift-
- George RR Martins Art from Song of Ice and Fire- which someone scribled some name in the front cover, and I accidently tore the slip cover of, but its perhaps the best gift I have gotten in nearly a year
(thank you once again, Coyote6)

My daughter's grandparents (she has six) finally got around to buying her something- clothes.

My wife got nothing, except a hug and a kiss from me and a week off from work.

Wystan

Explorer
nerfherder said:
I got a pen. It was such a lovely surprise because it wasn't on my list.

I seem to remember a long thread about a pen that was not appreciated. I am glad to see that some people appreciate gifts for the giver not only the gift.... :)

Swag:

Hand Drawn Picture of the Spiderman Crew from my wife
2 Leather Frogs for Latex Daggers from www.medievalcollectibles.com
A non-collectible John Kovalik illustrated card game (not munchkin)
2x Latex Dagger from www.latex-weaponry.com
Cash
D&D DVD Set with Dragon Mini
5 Packs of Magic Cards
A beard Trimmer
Muppets Playing Cards
$25 Borders Gift Card

I had a good Christmas, the day after bit...(Grandmother went into the hospital for a tumor on the intestines)

Last edited:

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Dannyalcatraz said:
Your butt is going to HATE the person who gave you that!

:) Maybe, but I've had an intense interest in downhill racing since I moved here, so it was a good gift (and a complete surprise, I might add). I plan to use it to commute to work until I save enough money to pick up a fully enclosed helmet, a camelback, and some basic armor. After that, it's all downhill, baby!

Tewligan

First Post
nerfherder said:
I got a pen. It was such a lovely surprise because it wasn't on my list.
LOL! Nerfherder, that callback makes me wish I were a woman so I could bear your funny, malevolent children.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
the best thing i got was a best buy gift certificate, so that i could finally get my computer fixed after almost 6 months. :p

Remove ads